Your view on top 5 quickest/ most skilled drivers in the current field | FerrariChat

Your view on top 5 quickest/ most skilled drivers in the current field

Discussion in 'F1' started by toil, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    In light of all the variance in opinion in some of the recent threads pertaining to driver transfers just thought it would be an interesting question to ask. Remember this is about their pace and skill and not how much you like them personally.

My top 5 of the current field:

1. Alonso
    2. Hamilton
    3. Ricciardo
    4. Rosberg
    5. Vettel

If any 2 were team mates who do you think would prevail is perhaps a good way to look at this question

2. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Hammy
    Alonzo
    Rosberg
    Ricciardo
    Vettel

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'd be VERY curious to see Kvyat driving for one of the front runners. I think he, Riccardo, Hulkenburg and Bottas lead the young guns. It's hard too see how they shake out because of their various teams, but I'd go with:

Alonso (he just does more with less...cool head also)
    Hamilton
    Vettel (based on how good he's been over time)
    Rosberg
    Riccardo (because he's spanking a 4x WDC in the same car)

Waiting list: Hulkenburg, Kvyat, Bottas

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani

Agree with this. Kvyat i think has huge potential

5. poyta

poyta Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Interesting that Kimi isn't in that list - granted he's had a pretty poor year based on all the hype associated with him but so has Vettel yet you put him in that list.

6. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Well vettel has 4 wdc's and kimi was lucky to get the one he got. Plus kimi has been doing worse this season relative to his team mate. Vettel has had a lot of reliability issues whereas kimi caused how own problems ( at least in Britain)

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kvyat will be a great champion one day. Very charismatic and highly intelligent person. Great addition to F1!

Very tough to write a definite list currently. If only taking this year into account it's not a hard list to do, but taking a drivers entire F1 career into account mine (including 2014) will look like this:

Alonso
    Vettel
    Hamilton
    Kimi
    Rosberg

Guys that almost made it: Ricciardo, Bottas, Kvyat.

Hulkenberg has made mistakes when the pressure was really on him. He is highly consistent though, but Perez is right there on pace. Sucks that the little Mexican is about as consistent as your average heroin addict.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Very difficult to say..i can't pick from the lot below....befor his accident i would of course add Massa

Kimi
    Hulkenberg
    Vettel
    Haminton
    Rosberg
    Ricci
    Alonso

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    As a huge Kimi fan (he's my favorite driver on the grid along with hamilton) his performance this year has made me give up on him. Granted I believe he is being held back by Ferrari's sole backing of alonso, but he's made too many errors for me to consider him among the best anymore.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Vettle needs a car that feels like the previous generation of RBs to go fast.
    Riciardo can drive anything.

So the top of the list is:

Alonso == Hamilton
    Rossberg
    Riciardo
    Vettle

11. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Alonso
    Rosberg
    Hamilton
    Ricciardo
    Vettel

12. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I agree, in no particular order though.

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #13 kraftwerk, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought I'd post this in this thread might help make choices.

It's difficult to get a grasp on the true picture unless you remember to take into account drivers that are going for consistency, DNF's through no fault of there own, plus errors and bad luck, for example the Merc lads, Lewis 3 car failures Nico 1.

Personally
    1. Alonso/Hamilton nothing between them maybe Alonso by a slight margin, but Ham on a good day...I cannot choose.
    2. Going out on a limb Ricci, not 100% yet but totally impressed so far this year.
    3. Vettel again not quite understanding what's going on with him right now, apart from horrendous bad luck.
    4. Nico super quick and seemingly getting better and better, his consistency is playing a big part in his standings, but credit to him.

Imagine it's the last race now with double points, who's your money on, Ham wins Nico 2nd it's 50-50 equal I fink at 226 each.:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Top 5 of Todays Drivers:

1. Vettel
    2. Alonso
    3. Rosbert
    4. Hamilton