Two questions about cars from the 1995 F1 season. Width and tire related... | FerrariChat

Two questions about cars from the 1995 F1 season. Width and tire related...

Discussion in 'F1' started by SSNISTR, Aug 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Hello gents, two questions for the gurus in relation to the 1995 season please.

1- Is the width the exact same front to back during this period, or was the back slightly wider? When I say width, I do not mean track, I mean from edge of tire to edge of tire. Pretty sure it was the same, looking for verification.

2- What was the tire width during this period for the fronts and backs? I am talking section width like a normal car would use, I think I read somewhere 245's for the fronts and 325's for the backs, but that might not be correct.

Thanks!

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    #3 SSNISTR, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No, no I don't mean like that I mean total width of the car from edge of tire to edge of tire. I should have been more specific. I attached an image, I am talking about the width from white arrow to white arrow. Was curious of they were the same front to back, or different.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Anybody?

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  6. Miha

Miha Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Slovenia
    Full Name:
    Miha Furlan
    As far as i could read from regulations, the rear tires were 15 inches wide, (don't know about the fronts , but a guess around 11-12 inches should be correct assumption) and the maximum car width was set at 2 meters, so i don't see any reason why the would not use the maximum allowed width at the front and in the back... Here is a link to some more data for the car: FERRARI 412T2

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I can only go from memory of seeing these cars in person....

the width of the outside front tire right to outside of front tire left was the same as the rear.

the actual size of the wheels were all 15' ( i think) ... I have a 1/18 scale model of the 412t2 and there is no difference in the track front to rear.

P.S - this car was the last beautiful F1 car made....

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Thanks all.

I think the wheels are 13" no?

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    The wheels are 13" diameter and the maximum permissible complete wheel width was 15".