Atta Boy! Vettle Buys His Dad a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Atta Boy! Vettle Buys His Dad a Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by PhilNotHill, Aug 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Signs of things to come. Alonso/vettel
    Swap coming right up

3. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Reality beats fiction again! LOL

Best

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't think he will turn Ferrari around. If Alonso can't do it, I don't see Vettel doing it. Problem lies with the car, designers, engineers, etc. Not the drivers.

5. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I do not see why Red Bull would want Alonso over Vettel though.

I could see Vettel wanting a Ferrari drive in his future, but I just can't see why Red Bull want Alonso when they have their Torro Rosso driver's to move into the Red Bull seat should a Red Bull driver choose not to renew or exit.

6. shimi

shimi Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2011
    sydney,australia
    Full Name:
    richi
    agreed enitrely

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've been saying this for too long now. Wind tunnel debacles, etc. Saw this yesterday:

GPGuide | News - Renault, Ferrari simply out-spent by Mercedes - Jalinier

So much for budget limitations.

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    LDM would be stupid to trade the best driver on the current grid for a toddler who can only perform in a dominant car.

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Why else would alonso be singing riccardo praises? Hes setting up for a move you heard it here first!

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A toddler with 2x the amount of titles compared to his fellow crib inhabitant.

I think the toddler has more growing up to do too...and will gain a few more titles along the way.

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    or will fade into the annals of F1 as Ricciardo, the rookie, eclipses him in the coming years...lets see in the next few seasons what's what.

12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Why? Maybe once they sort themselves out. But I don't know why anyone wants a Ferrari drive right now. What are they offering that's currently better than anyone else? It's already been said but Vettel is not going to be the one to lead them out of this mess they're in.

13. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    #13 mikelfrance, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Exactly ... we are making up stories again :D

I bet his father is pissed he only got a California (unless it is a vintage one).
    Pete

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Vettel is a whining crybaby, but no more so than Alonso. It makes sense he would want to take Alonso's place at Ferrari and bring the title Alonso could not.

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    4 wdcs to half a season of data on Ricardo and you already are sure he's better than vettel?

I like Ricardo a lot so I hope you're correct but it's much too early to seriously believe he is better than vettel.

17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    My first reaction was 'only a California?' But then I remembered that my daughter is well on the way to costing me several Californias before she's off the payroll... Congrats to Vettel senior!

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I said lets see what's what in the coming seasons...but ya, seb's been eclipsed at mid-season. Will that continue? Ionno, that's why i say lets see...but if it does...wonk wonk.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel has definitely struggled but he's also had an unbelievable amount of bad luck and 2 bad calls from the pit wall that would have put him ahead of Ricciardo still...No matter, this **** happens and the WDC is not going to be his this year in any case.

I don't buy into the whole thing that any driver is so much better with the current new formula because there has been a lot of change. Button, Vettel, Kimi are all being beaten by their teammates. All have titles. They haven't suddenly forgotten how to drive.

Vergne, who held his own against Ricciardo on quite a few occasions is being beaten by Kvyat in most races and qualies, Kvyat being a complete rookie who has never raced a GP2 or FR3.5 car! By all the logic used by arm chair experts, many who name Ricciardo as one of the best so far this season, Kvyat should then actually be even better! (I'm not saying he isn't, I'm quite a fan of the young Russian)

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't know hey...We've been hearing for quite a few years now every now and then that Alonso simply isn't that good with developing a car (i.e. feedback to engineers).

If we look at Vettel every year since 2009 it seems he's worked together with the engineers well enough to understand the car and his needs better and better and became more dominant than his nearest rival.

To me, that suggests he's probably pretty good at communicating with the engineers.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Luca as said many times he would rather have Vettel than Hamilton...and so would i.
    Shummi himself told Luca that the kid was the real deal when he sw him drive...he told the same about Kimi when he tested the sauber at Fiorano... Vettel is very, very good, he may be in a difficult situtoion right now as kimi is...this does not mean they forgot how to drive.I remeber Gilles stuned everyone when he first drove the Mclaren but had lot's of trouble driving the t2.....Jean and Berger also had trouble driving the Benetton...some adapt better, some worst, but if the car suits them it's an all diferent story...

22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It could be true, it could be false. *shrugs*

23. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Wonder if he actually paid for it or it's part of the pre-contract

25. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Ha! Most likely. If Kimi could be let-go for tens of millions, and Fernando can demand 50M, and all the other crazy goings-on, why nut?