Who will be at Mercedes in 2015 (yes, there are spoilers!!) | FerrariChat

Who will be at Mercedes in 2015 (yes, there are spoilers!!)

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Aug 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    After today, tensions between their two jockeys are at an all time high. Surely it's impossible for them to work together for another season next year?

Will one of them get paid of and be on his merry way? I can't see the Mercedes bosses being all too impressed with the negative press happening.

2. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Well, the double points could come into play the last two races, any chance of Riciardo sneaking in to take the WDC and spoiling the WDC for Mercedes so they don't get the double?

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's certainly possible...And an entertaining thought. Mercedes bosses will explode with anger I'd say.

Between ham and ros there's not a workable environment I'd say.

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Tension is rising indeed, but having such a dominant car I guess that both drivers will be willing to stand each other .

5. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It worked for MW and SV at RB so why not ?

Although with MW , he is like all us Aussies, lovable, easy going, welcoming and concilliatory :eek:

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If one has to go, I hope Nico stays.
    I like the guy.

Not the first time Hamilton complains about a team mate, or falls out with a friend or an ally, it has to be said. The man is too tense and his worst enemy. I don't think he is good for Merc's PR either.

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Who's going to buy out either of the contracts? Nico just signed again and Lewis has a bit of time remaining, and Lewis knows his only shot at another title is probably here and now (within the next couple years at least). There's no sense in either leaving in the zenith of their careers with a team at their zenith

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The only way they can coexist is if Merc names a #1 and #2 driver. While most here will say "give me Nico...he's beating Ham in the same car", I think the flip side is that Ham has stayed within 30 pts despite having 6 races screwed up, including starting from the back twice, 3 dnf's and the parking incident at Monaco. Meanwhile, Nico has only 1 dnf to his resume.

I want a guy who can fight back when things are stacked against him...when things are good he'll be fine but when they aren't he'll still be in the thick of things.

9. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Exactly. Nico can't pass for sht. The moment any adversity strikes and he starts in a low grid position then there's no hope for a podium for him.

10. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Amen, he is a primadonna without a tutu. I've lost all respect for him.....thought I'm sure he does not care ;).

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    After today I think it's very possible Ricci sneaks in to a WDC win. Which would be great. As much as I don't red Bull to win anything for a while I like Ricci and his attitude.

12. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I think Mercedes needs to tell Nico that he's getting a gearbox replacement after Monza qualifying (5 or 10 place grid penalty?). Then Mercedes can tell both drivers that if either of them pulls a stunt like that again (deliberately or accidentally running into the team mate and ruining their race) they get another gearbox change (grid penalty) for the next race, along with a problem with a wheel nut at the next pit stop in the race where the incident occurs, that will take, oh, 60 - 90 seconds to resolve.

13. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    hopefully we see them running out of parts and taking penalties anyway. point is the entire grid will probably be taking some pentalites in the latter stages and the mercs are in better positions than most (esp nico because his car hasnt had problems and he has an extra engine anyway).

doubt merc willl do that but they should. be good to see nico languish in the middle of the pack

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    And yet....he got pole in the wet at Spa and is leading the WDC. It's like a miracle!

15. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    he is fast over one lap. NOt denying that. Lewis is slightly faster albeit inconsistent.

Nico is a man with one talent. A pace nearly as good as Lewis but a race craft to rival maldanado. The type of person only capable of winning an easy championship in a good car with luck going all their way (exactly what is happening now)

16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    and yet.......oh never mind :)

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1

Talent and racecraft, Hamilton is just above Nico head and shoulders. But he's too aggressive, too impatient sometimes for his own good. I love his overtaking skills, probably the best out there.

But, in this kind of situations, Nico is just a cooler head. I agree that Hammi is just too tensed up for his own good.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I hear they're going to erect a cathedral at Spa to celebrate the miracle :p

Prima Madonna is our Nico :p

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    The two ...berg

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Same drivers, with LH as number 2

... ;)
    Pete

21. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It would be counterproductive for Mercedes to manipulate the results the way to suggest, since it would affect its point-scoring in the WCC.
    Having its cars in 1st and 2nd positions at every GP is Mercedes' aim to collect as much revenue from FIA and insure the WCC title.
    Whoever is WDC isn't really Mercedes' problem, as long as it is one of their drivers.
    But if the scenario you mention came into play, I think somebody would soon blow the whistle and that would be catastrophic on the PR side. There is already a good dose of paranoia all around, when racing accidents are labelled as deliberate moves, as if the culprit could know in advance that he wasn't ruining its own chance by being reckless.

22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Don't forget..... EXTREMELY humble! :)

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Rosberg / Jenson

Lewis to McLaren. Heard it here first!

24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    And Jenson becomes double world champion. That'd be a laugh for Lewis ;)

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thats....not as silly as it sounds!

I think he'll struggle to get paid 30 million though. But I'm sure he doesn't have to go on benefits quite yet ;).