Minardi speaks on upcoming driver moves | FerrariChat

Minardi speaks on upcoming driver moves

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#1 DF1, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Far more interesting than the broken wing debacle via Mercedes -

Minardi predicts Vettel to McLaren - Pitpass.com

Minardi thinks things are settled at Ferrari others feel differently including me. Mattiaci said on camera with Brundle that he does not care about making a driver happy. He wants to make a fast car. This was in response to a question about keeping FA. He did say later on, when asked if the driver line-up would remain the same. He said yes.
    Now this from Joe Saward -"In the meantime, don’t get too convinced about Ferrari drivers staying the same next year. On paper the drive line-up will be unchanged, but as they say in the opera houses of the world, the show isn’t over until the fat lady sings. She should be warbling at Monza."

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Would be interesting to see Kvyat at RBR with Dan. The gap from Kvyat to Vergne seems to be greater than it was between Dan and Vergne.....so what that means, i'm not quite sure.

3. DF1

I think that is a distinct possibility. Kyvat moving up and Verstappen and Sainz at Rosso.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I love it. Only small drawback is we have less of a measurement how Verstappen will hold up against Kvyat.

5. DF1

Very true but the contemporary is Sainz and if he consistently out-performs him then he is validated I would think.

I like reading what Mr Minardi thinks overall.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think Vettel will stay at least one more season with the Bull.

7. DF1

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    i've got a feeling Grosjean is included in that plan.

9. DF1

I would suspect so.

10. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    So Button is pretty much out? And out of F1 completely perhaps?

11. DF1

Out of Mclaren I see as possible. Not sure about F1. If Grosjean goes to Mclaren I would not be surprised to see him there(Lotus), as he does state a desire, strongly to remain in F1.

12. DF1

BBC Sport - Jenson Button's McLaren career uncertain after Alonso pursuit - More talk of Button not being in F1 potentially.

I think I posted a link from Joe Saward saying there could be interesting Ferrari driver news around Monza time. So FA to Mclaren and JB out?? Honda want a first line driver for the effort. Not going to be JB?

13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Because of Boullier being his manager? I dunno about that. Don't forget, Ron's back in charge and he has never liked crashers - Spoils his toys and makes a mess you know! ;)

I don't think Lettuce would be an upgrade over JB either. What's he really done other than crash a lot? Even the supposedly unmotivated Iceman showed him the way. He's a journeyman at best.

I just don't see it. All Fred has ever said is he wants to finish his career in red.

As for JB, why no respect? He's pretty consistently beaten his 'mate. He doesn't crash or break cars. He's generally clean & fair when racing - But doesn't lack balls when needed either. And he's a WDC.

I think he is a top line driver. Vastly experienced too - Something Honda are going to need on their return IMO.

Cheers,
    Ian

14. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Lotus are probably getting merc engines next year. Why would Grosjean wanna go anywhere? Mclarens chasis must be terrible because they have the best engine on the grid and are no where. Doubt HOnda engines will do anything so Alonso won't want to move there. Mclaren are also stupid if they want to let jensen go because he is better than magnussen and a lot of other drivers in the field.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't know why people underestimate him. Didn't he beat Lewis in one of the years they were together? If Lewis is as good as they say, that makes Button pretty good.

16. DF1

+1 I hold JB highly. Worthy of a top seat. Polished and a great racer.

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm, the DD on Brawns clever interpretation o fthe rule book helped him win that WDC, IIRC it wasn't even decided whether it was legal when the season had even started, thanks to that clown Mosley.

Button maybe was top touching top line, he is kind to the car smooth and he did impress late in the season, with a excellent drive on the last race to clinch his title, with his competitors close on his heels, he didn't crack.

Now I fear he is in the twilight of his career, and still good but not top line by quite a stretch IMO, you need the hunger to win big time.

However like you say, if I good drive half as good I'd be brilliant.

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ahh well...I guess you'd feel the same about a WDC by Lewis this year. It's only because of the superiority of the Mercedes.

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Of course the Merc is superior, has been all year it is quite obvious, keep up Pete .

We were on about Button, are you obsessed with talking about Hamilton or something.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I wouldn't call him an upgrade either. Yeah the only reason I can see him going to mclaren is because of Boullier being his manager. His crash at Hungary was hilarious :D.

I'd rather see the Mclaren seat go somewhere like Bottas (Williams is great now but for how long? We can always count on Mclaren however...even if they are in a slump now).

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm just making sure you keep balanced. You're downplaying Button's championship because of the DD. SO, if Lewis wins this year, and he'll have to beat a superior team mate to do so (joke), then I guess it'll all be down to the car's performance too, right? You can't have it both ways.

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Shakes head am off to bed :eek:

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep...quit while you're behind. :)

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I woke up, and realized events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter..night night..;)

25. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't see how replacing Button is going to solve the issue.