So you're Sebastian Vettel... | FerrariChat

So you're Sebastian Vettel...

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Let's say next race, for whatever reason, the Silver Arrows have died, crashed either out, have issues... whatever.

So you're Vettel and coming into the final laps you're 1 and Ricciardo is 2. Do you drive to the win, or do you "accidently" run it wide and give it to Ric seeing that he may have a chance at the championship?

It pits a single F1 win, which is no small achievement that a lot of drivers do not have against having a chance of your teammate winning the title.

On one hand, for Vettel, he needs a win to shut up the naysayers, but he's also won 4 WDC's and this one victory doesn't change anything forward or back... but may rehabiliate his rep for being ****** to Weber.

At the same time, is that how you want to win if you're Ricciardo? Considering no one expected anyone else to win... especially not RB given their pre-season... Daniel has an outside chance. Another race going his way and victory at the end could do it. It's not out of the question given the partial implosion that's going on in the once thought of invincible Merc team.

2. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Vettel got enough in him to give way to Ricciardo is my thinking, like Shoe helped Irvine back then.
    He's got no shot at the title and would go much brighter into the history books if he thinks for his team(mate) in such moments.

3. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    In that situation, Vettel races hard to the end....which comes when the radio says "Sebastian, Ricciardo is faster than you, let him through for the win or you'll never work in this town again"

4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Haha, if THAT conversation came on the radio Dan would have already passed him, no need to tell SV

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    ric will pass seb on his own because he's faster in equal equipment. no radio message needed.

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Vettel has 4 wdcs. The last couple won im dominant fashion so he doesnt have much to prove to anyone (besides fchat members). Im sure he would not impede riccardos chances to win a championship if it came down to his actions alone.

7. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    This.

8. barndoor

barndoor Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    oregon
    Full Name:
    mr smith
    Vettel is a Race Car Driver

No way in "H E double hockey sticks" is he going to give his teamate anything on track.

9. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Yep.

He's out of it this year. That's the way it goes. But I'm 100% certain he'd yield to Desi if the latter still had a chance at it..... And the way it's going that's not quite as unlikely as it seemed a few races back..... Still a long shot for sure, but seems the Merc boys are hell bent on screwing each other, and he may just be the recipient of many points. Particularly come the last race BS.

Forza Desi!

Cheers,
    Ian

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

I think he's man enough to move over to let his teammate win the title if he himself is mathematically out. He's not made of pure evil you know...

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1000

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1...

13. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thinking about it now... that DQ in Aus could be meaningful. Can you imagine if just a few things go his way here and there and he wins Dubai but loses out by just a few points.

It's a long shot by any means, but so was anyone beating Merc. I think Seb is a different this year. He seems more mature than ever and has taken all the bad luck he's experienced in addition to his own issues in stride and seems to remain positive. I think if it came down to it and a championship for Ricciardo was in the balance... he'd lock up or run wide.

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    why wouldn't he just let him past, then?

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Lifting of and letting him pass, anyone will see it as a gesture. A ''mistake'' (real or not) will be debated for years and only ever a bad outcome for Vettel.

16. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Who would have thought the all powerfull MB AMG team with all their high tech...advanced electronics....aerodynamics...and powerfull engines.......and discovering that their weakness revealed to be an old fashion "human nature conflict".....

17. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    I see this year ending similar to 2009. Seb made a run for the championship but button just had too much of a lead. Seb also lost a podium on the first race that year abeilt his own doing.

I think rici will close in but ultimately will finish in 3rd barring a Ham meltdown once team orders go into effect.

That being said since this year is gone one would hope seb would attempt a PR win given his past pr failures...

18. asjoseph

asjoseph Karting
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern California
    #18 asjoseph, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    ... the English mobs, heckling FIa's podium ceremony, booing and jeering Nico Rosberg for their amusement and merriment, is merely symptomatic of the general health of Formula 1 as it slowly evolves, into a NASCAR-like spectacle.

Even the most dimwitted of motor sport fans here at the Ferrarichat have little choice but concede, F1's a sick puppy...

Sebastian Vettel's a smart guy; good work ethic. Talented. But, the English and Italian mobs, heckling FIa's podium ceremony, booing and jeering him nine Grand Prix in a row, through it all Vettel hunkered down, and in spite, delivered Red Bull's 8th title, in half as many years.

But, when he should otherwise be smiling and happy, Sebastian Vettel is one very exhausted driver. The English and Italian mobs having taken their toll on him, freshly refocused upon Nico Rosberg, F1's charm is wearing thin. F1 having ceased to be special to Sebastian Vettel is likely representative, to a factor of several million.

People seeing Sebastian Vettel or Nico Rosberg glum, not smiling and happy, those television sets are starting to blink off. German nationals, still reeling in shock from the freak accident of their national hero, Michael Schumacher, we won't need Einstein to figure out, these people are not go to show up in significant numbers, at Hochenheim. Bad for business, the last thing we need is... Will Buxton's lynch mob, heckling FIa's podium ceremony!

In the UK, F1 directly accounts for 60 thousand jobs in basic industry (e.g., high powered money). Each one of those jobs supports at least 6 other jobs, in non-basic industry. If what the British mobs are doing to FIa's podium ceremony happened to Boeing, Raytheon or Parker Hannifin, they'd have shareholders on the warpath, with tomahawks in-hand to take their scalps. Formula 1, in essence a British export commodity, the English mobs heckling FIa's podium ceremony would be analogous, to Apple employees in Cupertino, rising up to throw tomatoes at Steven Jobs?

Inadvisable. Not a good idea...

Great Britain's cottage industries, very much intact and still thriving since proto-industrialization, are extremely fragile, and highly vulnerable to economic shock. If F1 collapses, just the first few dominoes which fall, that's 120 thousand jobs in the United Kingdom, poof gone. Overnight. Forever. Once gone, those jobs never come back.

A behemoth void; no more Michael Schumacher to talk to. What Rindt was to Stewart, Sebastian Vettel just lost his best friend -- asj.

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Did you write that, or was it posted somewhere? Regardless, that was an excellent post.

20. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    +1

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Unlike Alonso, Ricci doesn't need a phone call to overtake...

22. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What is all this about Will Buxton stirring the pot?

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    That's a joke, right? I'm assuming you're simply being your usual sarcastic and, I admit, entertaining self. Seldom have I read such a complete load of bollocks on here. In fact, I still wouldn't have if you didn't quote it! ;)

It's nonsense. If you want to see where this guy is coming from, check out his posts in the Tony S thread in other racing.....

I'm not allowed to say what I think of him, as that'll get me banned, but you get the idea. ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I must have missed something.

and sarcastic? me?