Old footage 1973 Monaco | FerrariChat

Old footage 1973 Monaco

Discussion in 'F1' started by bigodino, Aug 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    This amateur footage (part 1 of 4) really takes you back in time and shows how much has changed. I like the fact that it's from a spectator's point of view.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTjpo5T_3M&list=UUFAv-8jn3Bi8xnD-kmDKE7A]Monaco Grand Prix. 1973, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    It's probably just me, but I'm amazed at how LITTLE it has changed, other than the cars/transporters, of course. Maybe after 23 trips to the GP de Monaco I'm jaded (or senile) . . .
    In any case, thanks for sharing.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No it's not! ...... +1

Sure, there's a lot more high rises & not as many people standing around "exposed" to the track, but beyond that, looks pretty much the same to me!

Another +1

Did notice the list of driver "sponsors" on the Stanley Wagon - Talk about a hall of fame right there!

It could probably be about half as long, and the music was "interesting", but it's all good! :)

Again, thanks for the post,
    Cheers,
    Ian

4. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Will watch this closely, might see myself - was my second trip there with my dad when I was a kid (72 and 73)!! Great memories.

John

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    1) agree Ian, awful rendition of 'She's a Rainbow', 2) Japan didn't exist ;), 3) a Mclaren Econoline? - Mayer influence undoubtedly - and 4) Fezza eliminated any controversy of No.1 driver status by thoughtfully doubling the size of the chosen one's name on the transporter..;) ....no Nico/44 concerns back then...
    Interesting clips of Sainte D. and especially the Hairpin, when in doubt, hang over the wall...