I liked Lewis a lot more..... | FerrariChat

I liked Lewis a lot more.....

Discussion in 'F1' started by Aircon, Sep 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Before Krafty and Toil started banging on about how great he is and how anyone who beats him is an idiot or a cheat or both and/or is helped by the team.

I'm slowly getting to the stage of hoping he loses just to F them both up....but I'm not there yet.

Anyone else? At the beginning of the year I would have been happy for either Mercedes driver to win races (if a Ferrari couldn't)...now, not so much. lol

Maybe I should make this a poll :)

2. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think Krafty and Toil are doing a lot to tarnish Lewis' reputation, actually. Are all Lewis fans like this, I wonder?

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Steve is actually a pretty normal and doesn't make the frankly idiotic statements that other chap is doing. Steve has been quite fair on most things and actually loves the sport. I don't think he's been much of a conspiracy enthusiast over the years. Does he favour Lew more at times? Yes...but so does almost everyone with their favorite driver. It's almost impossible for anyone to always give a 100% neutral view on things. There's a bit of friendly banter (I assume) between you two but there's no trolling as far as I know.

Unfortunately, a lot of the G44 guys are like Toil. Lew can do no wrong, the rest are ****ing idiots bla bla...just read the merc facebook page and their comments. Some of these people have the thickest blinders on, it's not even funny. I can write **** down but it's basically like reading any of Toil's posts here so I won't bother.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So I somewhat agree with your post. G44 has a massive following, and unfortunately a lot are the ones that tune in to see what he's doing...if he's out they turn of the TV and yell on the internet and all that. Or the ones instigating the booing.

It makes me dislike him more to a degree as well. It's not even his fault, it's just some of the totally clueless people that does it for me.

What really irritates me is the fake forcing of friendship he tries to do whenever he wins. It's painful to watch. Hopefully he won't be an actor anytime soon.

5. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That was my point, I suppose.

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well thank you Bas, that means a lot mate, fair play.

As for Toil my hands are tied, I have mentioned it before, I assume he is pretty young it's a tough crowd in here sometimes, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

However as for my nemesis Aircon, I have no explanation at all, well I lie, I do but I don't want banning right now< I'am having too much fun, besides mark my words, I will go down all guns blazing if it comes to it.

BTW what part of sunny England you bedding down in..? your not busy strapping yourself under a lorry in Calais are you hehe ;)

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't even know what you're talking about.....do you?

8. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    #8 toil, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Is this topic really thread worthy? Aircons lofty opinion...

Then again when are any of aircons posts worth the paper theyre written on.

I suffer no blinkers. The hypocrisy of the nico fan boys is strong in this one. Suppose I'll give a few examples...

Suggesting nico let lewis win monza is just palpable nonsense in an attempt to hide his failings as a driver (ironic that the same people suggesting this were lambasting the lewis fans for indulging in the monaco conspiracy and thinking nico did it on purpose).

When lewis is faster than nico (taking fast as a broad term to include race pace and race craft as well) the nico fans say that it's not just speed; intelligence along with the ability to deal with pressure are also factors that make a champion (which is true). The argument then fails as the nico fans overextend themselves with no logical basis for doing so. These nico fans go on to say that nico is much better at dealing with pressure than lewis. All along I've maintained that nico had never been a championship contender till now or faced any adversity for a comparison to be made. Now despite his large points advantage over lewis he faced boos on the podium at spa and a huge backlash from the fans and a plummet in his popularity. What happens in the very next race? He makes two glaring errors that even a rookie would not make and loses a race that was handed to him by virtue of Lewis's car failures at the start. Proving me right all along...nico is the mentally weaker driver, his race craft is inferior and his pace is, to be fair, slightly under Lewis's. His luck is way up there though.

It's hammer time and nico knows it. He's in defensive mode now trying to just salvage the lead he was gifted on luck

Sometimes I hate being right (actually I don't). ;)

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Who are you ? :)

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I like his Zonda :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHE4uhfef4]Lewis Hamilton&#39;s Zonda 760LH - YouTube[/ame]

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well yer know, we got to keep him awake, he never sleeps yer know..;)

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)

As far as I can tell, he's only a year or so younger than I am...I've been getting along just fine here as far as I can tell.

I'm actually going to the border of east sussex/kent; I've lived there before and was quite nice :). No need to tape myself under a lorry, got a euro passport ;).

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Cool, I'll keep yer posted if I'am down your way, and likewise, your buying the beers tho..;)

15. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Guess I pretty much agree with Bas. Krafty's OK. Gets a little, let's say, 'defensive' about him on occasion, but I think we're all a little guilty there when "our" man, whoever that may be, gets criticized.

G44 certainly seems to be more polarizing than the others for some reason, and he has more foot-in-mouth moments than most, but I guess the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about......

As for toil, I only see his nonsense when someone quotes it, so I'm well & truly over his crap. Everyone's entitled to their opinions for sure, but he seems to think lew's **** don't stink and that he's the only guy out there worthy of even being on the grid. Got old long ago. Hence he joined asjoseph on my short, but distinguished, ignore list...... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL and your ok as well Ian, well Isobel told me so it must be true ..;)

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    For sure! I'm always keen for some beers bud :)

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...coming from you, who started the "scared" thread.

19. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Ironic because you all call my posts idiotic but whenever I post any analysis (see my above post) nobody wants to tango. All you could muster up was quoting a mere 'soundbite' without engaging in meaningful debate. Maybe we will add you to the "scared" thread as well.

Aircon... the king of baseless statements, the guy who watches the races without actually watching them.

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Did I call your posts idiotic? I don't think I did, but if I didn't, I should have :)

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey, leave aircon alone or we'll send him over to your place to talk about smartphones !!!

You'll want to "tether" him to an iPhone and chuck it in the river :p

22. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    I need a new iphone battery actually. It's been playing up lately.

I actually don't dislike the guy. I find him amusing. Whereas a few others on here (not naming names) are so uptight and need to realise that nobody wears trousers with suspenders anymore. This is the internet.

Some of aircons perceptions need reexamining. He probably thinks that the quintessential lewis fan is an uneducated keyboard warrior talking smack on the AMG Petronas FB page from a council flat in croydon; beer in one hand and cig in the other. Don't wanna put words in his mouth but I gather that is what he imagines me to be.

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia