Ferrari releases Alonso from his contract | FerrariChat

Ferrari releases Alonso from his contract

Discussion in 'F1' started by treedee3d, Oct 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
  2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Sorry man, but this is simply not true. At least not yet. All you've posted is someone quoting James Allen who posted the latest rumors, which were reported in the 'real' thread on this topic.

Absolutely no need to start a new one. It should be moved IMO.

This is getting worse than the interminable 'LH sucks/no he doesn't' threads! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

3. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    The title indicates that it's done, not that it's a rumor. False or not, there is a difference between an annoucement and a discussion about rumors.

I was the first to post the "announcement" of Marchionne replacing LDM when it became official. What did the mods do? they moved it into the "rumor" thread.

S-T-R-A-N-G-E

4. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    An announcement from who? Some random French journalist? Who's parroting something James Allen wrote 2 days back?

My apologies if that isn't the case, but Google translate suggests there is *nothing* new in the story you linked.

Cheers,
    Ian

5. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
  6. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    And yet more.

:(

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #10 greyboxer, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    I get the feeling OP does not know how news works - one quote or one story gets picked up and quoted in lots of different ways often by something called automatic aggregators - that does not make each one a new story - every rumor from F1 or of a new car here on FC gets into a loop that can last for months of reposts until it bears no resemblance to the original

And this thread is an excellent example

One increasingly frequent occurrence is Jalopnik (for example) pick up rumors here - their story goes viral and the gets reposted here (often) as fact because its on the internet in lots of places

And if it is not merged the incorrect & misleading thread title must be changed

8. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

I guess it's getting lots of views..... Shame it's wrong! (At least for now).

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No doubt the summary Autosport has just published will soon be presented here as fact...

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

McLaren-Honda wait as unhappy Fernando Alonso contemplates quitting Ferrari | Fernando Alonso Profile | Formula 1 | Sky Sports

Hard to see a Ferrari /FA future at all. The water is running over the fall and facts are being formed lol!

--But the Ferrari team at the close of 2014 is a very different outfit to the team which begun the year. Two of Alonso’s closest and most important allies at Maranello, in the shape of president Luca di Montezemelo and team boss Stefano Domenicali, have paid the price for Ferrari's lacklustre start to F1’s new turbo era, and the hard-line refusal of new arrival Marco Mattiacci to mollycoddle the Spaniard was summed up when he told Sky F1 in Belgium: “I’m not here to make Fernando Alonso happy.”

Which is perhaps just as well. Alonso’s saunter into the Red Bull hospitality unit at Spa is reputed to have infuriated Mattiacci while paddock insiders claim that a recent meeting between Alonso and his new boss at the team’s Maranello base concluded with heated words and an abrupt exit.--

11. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    The anti ldm times are coming to to Ferrari f1 anyone who ldm liked is getting the push and Impo that a great thing the team doesn't need anyone saying in the old days we did this and that the clown hack lawyer was out off this depth and had Noone around to tell him so.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Others say that Montezemolo was Alonso´s enemy (because the hiring of Raikkonen, etc...).

So... nobody has a clue.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Alonso deserves a better car than a Ferrari. I hope for him that Ferrari releases him from his obligation.

That's the least they can do since they weren't able to build him a winning car all these years

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 he owes them nothing. He has done the part and made the effort.

15. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I fail to see why hiring Raïkkönen would have hurt Alonso, therefore I don't understand it's significance in highlighting the enemies that LdM and FA supposedly were.

Onno

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A little bird has just landed on my window sill and tweeted McLaren/Honda 2015.

Then again, what do birds know. :)

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Can the mods change the thread title? Very misleading..

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Alonso is toast!!!!!!YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...just holding back a litle cause something might yet spoil the party...anyway, if it happens, drinks are on me!!!!:)

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    The title is a direct translation of the french article I posted. Right or wrong, they titled it as a fact, not a rumour and I reported it here as a fact.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if I was right or wrong.

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, the internet crowd likes to see a conspiracy in everything: apparently Montezemolo wanted to show that Alonso was not that good, but that Massa was bad.

I think that they hired Raikkonen just because he wasn´t get paid by Lotus and was available at that moment, but that´s not interesting for the internet crowd.

22. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Leave ferraris fate in the hands of raikonnen.

Congrats mattiaci. His arrogance and drive to impose his status as "team leader" by making stupid decisions won't help. Hubris