Hamilton back to Mclaren | FerrariChat

Hamilton back to Mclaren

Discussion in 'F1' started by gsjohnson, Oct 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
  2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
  3. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Probably nonsense. But...

Martin Brundle said this weekend that Alonso desperately wanted to be in a Mercedes, not a McLaren. The reason -- He sees that the engine formula is largely in place for the next few years and that Mercedes has the best possible chance for more titles during these, his last years in F1. There's some sense in that, yet one of the two brilliant drivers would have to leave Mercedes.

(Scratches head).

4. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Hardly a strong denial. The statement was only that they have not finalized any contracts for 2015. The same position taken when asked about Fred.

5. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Neither Merc driver is going to jump now - if he did he'd be writing of his title chances because they'd favour the other guy.

With the stupid double points in the last race we may not know who's going to win it till the last lap there.

Its possible that the loser might jump (or be booted) in favour of Fred after that I suppose but that being case (a very slim possibility) my bet is that we won't hear anything about where Fred is going until the last possibility of a works Merc drive has been eliminated - and then he'll either go to McLaren or take a year off if they have given the drive to someone else in the meantime.

Faced with those options Fred could of course turn round to Ferrari and tell them he's staying ! He may have been told he can leave, but unless he's agreed to terminate his contract he still has a contract to drive a Ferrari next year (Either that or they'd need to get their wallets out again to pay him not to do it!)

6. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    I can't see Lewis moving right now either. The Mercedes platform is going to be king for at least one more season.

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    and then Mercedes will be gone and the marketing people start their propaganda :rolleyes:

8. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Fred got a bank and that will open some doors at AMG MERCEDES . One of the reasons micheal went to the silver arrows was to help ross begin money. honda left because they had to run the team with there money ross got the team for a song because honda didn't want the bad press for just walking away . I can see AMG mercedes which is different than mercedes to push out Hamilton to get that banks money the bank will pay Fred and give AMG 20 million a year and also they will write loan's on new AMG cars so Fred is now a pay driver haha

9. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    If you can't win you got to pay Fred will the greatest pay driver in f1 history . Mercedes had to buy schumi first ride so they have some thing in common .

10. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Merc has two drivers thoroughly welded in place. That team is good for at least another couple championships over the next couple years.

11. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Ham is gonna be a 4 time works champion. Title is his next couple years

12. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    LMAO! What is a 'works' champion?

13. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    World. Obviously. I'm on my phone lol

14. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    So why has Fred not said where he is going because it would make his day to get Lewis Hamilton seat .hasn't wolf said if Lewis and nico don't play nice something has to be done . That's my friends is a cover story he should have said if a guy walks up to you with a 100 million a year you don't tell him to take a piss as you English men say ☺

15. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Are you going to blame your phone for this typing error as well, "Ham is gonna be a 4 time champion. Title is his next couple years."?

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Four seems optimistic His title this year isn't the least bit secure. One failure in the last race and nico will luck into it with half the wins.

I think hamilton is capable of 2 though i hope he proves me wrong.

17. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    toil I like that you are an optimist but stating ones optimism as fact is nonsensical in this situation. You also reference the "next couple of years" for said WDC's and a 'couple' is two not three thus eliminating Hams four WDC's and this seasons WDC battle is far from over.

Regards.

18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    AMG is a 100% affiliated company of Mercedes-Benz so AMG is giving the name (as it is the sporting subsidiary of the marque) but money is coming from MB. Although there are bean counters as well I doubt that MB really needs money to run the team as I guess money involved in F1 is just a fraction of what they spend on marketing in total...

19. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agreed.

Merc have seemingly done what Honda and Toyota failed to do, of late, in throwing a lot of money at F1 and failing to produce the results, so hats off to Merc.

Regards the Merc Hamilton and Nico lineup, IMO the drivers will decide their own fate, I really highly doubt Alonso would teammate up with Hamilton again, in any team.

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Vettel showed him how it could be done with seemingly relative ease, that must bug him, however the planets have to line up, and they never seem to do that with Hamilton, always the hard way.

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Right team right place, knowing when to jump ship into the ship with the wind in it's tail ect, all part of it.

22. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Protest too much maybe?

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton 9m9 minutes ago
    I'm focused on 1 thing & 1 thing only right now....Winning this championship!! I am committed 100% to @MercedesAMGF1

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seems like he is focused on one thing to me, I'd expect nothing less at least at this stage.