Which team will be saved by Chinese buyer | FerrariChat

Which team will be saved by Chinese buyer

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Oct 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

China on the move into F1 - China on the move into F1 | joeblogsf1

October 20, 2014 by Joe Saward

Wei Di, the director of the Automobile and Motorcycling Administrative Center, part of the country’s General Administration of Sport, says that a Chinese group is bidding to acquire a Formula 1 team and that “in the next one to two years, China will have its own F1 team”.

He did not say who was behind the idea. The organisation he heads is the state-run sports organization which serves as the permanent administrative body of the Federation of Automobile Sports (FASC), the country’s FIA-linked sporting federation. It was established in 2002 in order to organize, direct and promote automobile and motorcycle sports in China.

These reports were followed by an announcement today from the State Council, China’s cabinet, that the country intends to grow its sporting sector into a $813 billion industry (yes, you did read that right) by 2025 to boost employment and domestic consumption. A policy document issued by the Council says that private investment will be encouraged, new sports facilities will be built and the government will support the sector. This is part of the current shift that is going on to create what the Chinese are calling “a new economy”, moving away from heavy industry.

2. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    about time. It would be impressive to one day see an all Chinese team with new motor and everything!

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol, will never happen

4. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I wouldn't be surprised, man. In the auto industry it's all about China. At least for the europeans. Cars are highly rated status symbols on that side and the middle class is getting richer and richer as we speak.
    They are creating car brands more rapidly than we see F1 races!

I'd love to see that : )

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    That'd be one way to tackle the reckless spending, they could call it Farrari

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I don't disagree about the potential for auto companies to succeed in the Chinese market, all I'm saying is I doubt the Chinese are not going to be manufacturing their own F1 engines anytime soon.

I would be glad to see them get involved in F1, though. The more the merrier and they tend to have deep pockets.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

My money is on China having a successful F1 team before the US !

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #8 TifosiUSA, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  9. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    They already have a driver ready to go...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-smHPbckA]Stig's Chinese Cousin Attacks Jeremy & James! (TOP GEAR Sneak Peek) - YouTube[/ame]

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You even forgot Duesenberg winning the 1921 French GP with Jimmy Murphy.

Kudos to Gurney, but like for Murphy, that win was only a one off.

I was talking about a Chinese team winning the World Constructors Championship, against a US team.

But who knows, Haas GP may be that team, and prove me wrong!

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  12. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    When their F1 flips upside down the stamping will read "Made in China" :) I hope they invest in companies like Lola and Cosworth.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    A close friend of mine travels around the world quite a bit, and he shared with me his surprise when he visited Beijing, and other developed parts of China. They are so much ahead of even countries that were ahead of China back in the early 90s.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    People shouldn't under-estimate China.

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

813 Billion to invest! +1

16. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yeap. Maybe those days, people laugh at china and china made products. Today, phones line Xioami and One Plus One as well as Oppo are already troubling both Apple and Samsung here.

They certainly cannot be underestimated.

17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What great news. Clearly, they will have to start by buying and rebadging a European team first. Lotus?