Italian documentary | FerrariChat

Italian documentary

Discussion in 'F1' started by mcmlxix, Nov 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Modena, Italy
    #1 mcmlxix, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello, my name is Claudio, from Modena, Italy.

I am not a big follower of F1 and I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to locate a documentary about Ferrari and Maranello which was presented in the italian program "A Sua Immagine" in the episode aired on September 13, 2003. It featured interviews with the then parish priest of Maranello, and with Don Sergio Mantovani, which was a friend of Enzo Ferrari. Since it’s quite old I was hoping for someone from Italy who might have recorded it on VHS or something.

It is also an unusual documentary because featured in a religious program, so less likely known to the large public.

Any help about this, even hints would be ENORMOUSLY appreciated as I would really love to find this.

Many thanks in advance!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Modena, Italy
    Although my request did not received replies, I wished to post an update, as I found a short excerpt I recently came across of the TV broadcast I am looking for.
    It features Don Sergio Mantovani, chaplain of the pilotes and I have uploaded it on YouTube here:
    https://youtu.be/5wcgW5jAt2U

Again, if anyone could give me a lead or some idea on where to look for it, it would be MUCH appreciated. :)
    Happy new year!

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's very hard to find Italian tv shows at the best of times. You would probably have better luck emailing RAI directly and asking them if they can reshow it again. :eek:
    Contatti | A Sua Immagine

4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Giusto! Buona fortuna Claudio.

5. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Modena, Italy
    Thanks much – yup, I guessed it, I just tried my luck here before but I can try do do that as well.
    I have the impression they are not so accomodating with this kind of requests, but I might just try it anyway. :)

Grazie ad entrambi! Thanks to both!

6. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Modena, Italy
    And in the future I might just start a thread about Enzo Ferrari the man.

As I said, I am not much of an F1 follower but I became interested in Ferrari and in Enzo Ferrari on the most human level. :)