F12 ride with Kimi | FerrariChat

F12 ride with Kimi

Discussion in 'F1' started by E60 M5, Dec 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
  2. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Sure beats the Renault cars he was driving.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Pretty sure that was the reason he changed teams...that and the fact that he was actualy paid!!!

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I wonder if Kimi gets any joy out of driving a "slow" car around a track......

5. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    He has been multiple times to my local indoor kart track, over weight rental karts near 400lb's with less than 9HP, about 20MPH average lap speeds. I don't think he'd keep coming back if he didn't enjoy it.

Now driving a Ferrari on public roads is another matter, speed limits, police, stop lights, boring to tool along at 60KPH in a 320KPH machine, but put Kimi in a race situation, and I don't think the actual speed/grip matters as much as trying to drive just short of making the wheels fall off.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's a racer through and through. Everyone knows cars are most fun when they have no grip ;)

7. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Kimi has been to ft mill, sc?

8. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    There is no indoor race track in Fort Mill, SC. I don't know if he's been to Fort Mill or not.

To answer what you didn't ask, my local track is Victory Lane Karting, about 30 minutes up the interstate and across the state border(that isn't far) just north of downtown Charlotte NC.