Ferrari Gestione Sportiva Reorganisation | FerrariChat

Ferrari Gestione Sportiva Reorganisation

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Dec 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Not a surprise. When Allison came in I knew that Fry´s days were numbered, just like Costa´s when Fry came in.

The funny thing is that final sentence in the offical press release: "'Nikolas Tombazis and Pat Fry will be leaving the Scuderia.". Not a "after many years of loyal service, with gratitude, yadda, yadda, yadda". You know, the usual PR crap. Just "they leave". They could have added "and f*** them".

2. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    I called six months ago slim would come in . Kimi better save his money because he's out after 15.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Perez an option as well?

4. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The look on Vettel's face, as Fry is talking, says it all.

The timing is good For Slim and his telecom empire. He is mobile communication south of the Rio Grande. With Mexico back on the GP calendar, plus Austin and Interlagos his investment looks good. Will Perez be the replacement for Kimi?

5. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    #8 tifosi_, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I called for their heads at least 2 years ago, if not sooner. Shyte aeros and that silly pull rod suspension. About fkn time.

7. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    I agree with you Paul, however, there is one guy who I wish they would have kept in charge, not only of the Scuderia but of Ferrari in general, and that's Luca di Montezemolo. Its obvious that he was forced to resign by Sergio Marchionne because he disagreed with the later's views on production #'s for Ferrari's production car business, etc..., but he was the direct link to Enzo, and let's face it, despite the recent year's lack of success he had an incredible record both in running the F1 team as well as turning the production car business around to be the envy of the industry. I think letting him go was a serious mistake which we'll only see the results of in a few years from now.
    Clyde

8. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    The only problem at ferrari was the clown hack lawyer . Ldm had no control over production car development he was head of pr and all ferrari pr and advertising is done Thur it's f1 team .

9. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    #12 tifosi_, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    The clown hack lawyer turned Ferrari around from being an also ran in F1 to a world champion under Jean Todt and Michael Schumacher by hiring the right people to run it, and turned the production department around from putting out poor quality under performing sports cars (for the price) to the among the highest quality most exciting production cars available on the planet, also by hiring the right people to run it. The fact that he was in charge of PR was perfect because he knew his customers, knew what his customers wanted, and made sure Ferrari provided that for them. Otherwise Ferrari would not have developed from a money losing operation to a profit machine whose products are in such high demand that the special editions are sold before even being officially announced (as opposed to McLaren and Porsche's special editions). He was a master strategist and knew how to run the company profitably, and lets not forget that for a bit of bad luck Alonso may have one 2 world championships in the last four years as well.

10. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    I'll take the Clown Hack Lawyer over Uncle Sweater ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Uncle Sweater is slowing destroying Ferrari SpA.

-F

11. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Agree with you 100% Furman
    Clyde

12. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
  13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Heads continue to roll. Latest update at Autosport;

I guess even the janitors are getting nervous these days......

Cheers,
    Ian

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No shock that FA was looking to leave as early as last year. Could things be far worse than imagined? Its beyond a simple re-org of the F1 team now. More to follow Im sure. With all these people leaving, will others be inclined to simply get out now as well.

15. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is what happens when there is a sea change in a company. I have been on both sides of that equation. The new leaders cannot be asked to work with the old deadwood. That is just putting a new dress on the pig, a formula for disaster. The guys being sacked may or may not be the problem, but they cannot be part of the solution. The company was broken whether the players were or not. If LdM did one thing wrong, it was that he tried to change the team one player at a time. It just didn't work, and the last 5-7 years prove that.

What we have to hope for now is that the new players act like a team.

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The problem is that this is a sport, not a business and they will be expected to win immediately.

17. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    You may be right. Hopefully!

I'm not sure a complete sea change is what they needed - They still have (had?) some talented people, but Marlboro man seems to be chopping pretty hard. Time will tell I guess.....

Cheers,
    Ian

18. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Better don the flamesuit! ;)

Many here claim the 'sport' ship sailed long ago to be replaced by the business ship.....

Best case scenario IMO is they bag a few wins next season and get right back to the front in 2016. Anymore than that is wildly optimistic I feel. A decent 2nd or 3rd would be a pretty good season given where they are right now. And that's not a given with Williams seemingly resurgent and Merc and the Cans looking really strong.

Cheers,
    Ian

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I think they will be screwed for many years to come. Let's face it, in the last few years they've lost their influence with the FIA and now they got rid of the only people that were making them competitive, not counting last year. If they want to rebuild around Vettel, great, but it's going to be several years, not just two or three before they get there again if they even do. Their only hope is that Bernie gets his way and they bring back V10s.

20. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    It wasn't a slam dunk when Schumacher came on board either in the late 90's. It took him four years to win his first World Championship at Ferrari even though the rest of the team was in place before he arrived.

21. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    True enough. Also he was unquestionably the best driver of his era. Mika was close and Williams was strong back then but it was all about Michael. Not so in this era. Lewis is better than Vettel and so is Alonso but he won't be around in five years or so. Ferrari is starting next year with two drivers that were waxed by their teammates. Also their sim program seems to be behind the others as well as their wind tunnel program. I don't see how cleaning house is going to help.