Before it even started, 2015's a done deal | FerrariChat

Before it even started, 2015's a done deal

Discussion in 'F1' started by asjoseph, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asjoseph

asjoseph Karting
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern California
    #1 asjoseph, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    ... 2015 already a foregone conclusion, the only questions remain:

1). how many GP can Hamilton win, in a row?
    - e.g., will Hamilton waffle into his traditional mid-season doldrums; can he break Richard Petty's 1967 grand national mark, 10 in a row?

2). how many Grand Prix will it take Hamilton to finally destroy his teammate?
    - e.g., Hamilton should have the 2015 title pretty much wrapped up by mid-season; by mid-season, will Rosberg still be considered a 1st tier driver?

3). will this be the first season in F1 history every GP was won, by just one car?
    - e.g., changing of the guard; could this be the second season in a row Button, Raikkonen, Vettel and Alonso go winless? - asj.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not sure Hamilton will win..if mercedes does not interfere as they did last season, there is no reason for Nico not to win it.....

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mercedes will win the chanpionships at a canter, why wouldn't they. Drivers championship will go to the one that keeps his head

4. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    I don't want to comment on it, because if I do, I'll realize that it's going to be
    Mercedes party all year long between Hamilton and Rosberg and then I'll get depressed...

I wished the question was between Vettel and Raikkonen...

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It's a 'watch the highlights' year again, where you watch the start, and then fast forward through the race, hoping that there will be one or two actual things that look interesting enough to watch at normal speed, before resuming the fast forward to the end, to listen to the inane comments of the sky presenters trying to (a) find some ridiculous reasoning for us to consider it a 'great race' and (b) shower praise on their little golden boy, whether he won, crashed or lost, it will/won't have been his fault, and they aren't biased, but they only want their little hambone to win the championship. If he smashed into anyone, it was a racing incident, if someone hit him, hang them until they are dead, and suspend their team from the season

6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I think that Hamilton is going to beat Rosberg with more ease this time. He´s the favourite of the team (he earns more money and he´s the current champion) and at the end of the 2014 season Rosberg seemed to already give up.

Hopefully the rest will be a bit closer and will be able to take some wins, but I wouldn´t bet on that because in 2014 Mercedes only was only beaten by reliability and at this point they will have that sorted out. Most probably they won´t win all the races because $**t always happens at some point in the season.

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Depends if hambone succumbs to pressure, and niki lauda keeps his nose out of it, rosberg is capable of doing the job, but it's probably ham that will get it. I don't expect anyone other than a merc to win more than a couple times

8. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It's going to be one of those years where the TV announcers focus on the really tight battle for 6th through 10th.

9. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    All the races I watched last year NOT on NBC, were hugely exciting, thrilling, and very engaging.

This year, Honda is a very big wildcard. Engines are not a 100% freeze either.

Mercedes primary advantage was cooling.

10. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    If Hamilton wins again he will want more cash later on so not totally a good thing for Merc if he does ;)

11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Never read so much nonsense on so little space.

12. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    +1

13. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    asj seems to have raised that to an art form, as evidenced repeatedly.

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Really? Nonsense eh lol!! See below--

Anthony Hamilton thinks his son Lewis could wrap up the 2015 world championship by the middle of the season if he avoids the bad luck which plagued him last season.

Hamilton won his second world championship at the 2014 finale, claiming 11 wins to beat Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg to the title. Rosberg won five races, with Hamilton playing catch up from retirement at the season opener in Australia and a string of bad luck in the middle of the year.

Mercedes should remain the team to beat in 2015 and Hamilton's father does not think the 30-year-old will need to wait until the season finale to wrap up world title number three.

"You never know, but I think if you look at what Lewis went through last year, we started the year where we felt that if everything had gone well, by mid-year he probably would have won the championship," Hamilton Sr told Sky Sports. "I think the same thing could potentially happen this year - if he starts well, if the car is good, performance is good, I think Lewis could win the championship again this year."

Hamilton does not think the tension between his son and Rosberg, which reached a high point after their clash at the Belgian Grand Prix, has had any impact on their friendship.

"Yes, but I think it will be a different kind of rivalry this year," he said when asked if tensions could flare up again in 2015. "I think the respect between them will have grown immensely and I think both guys are sensitive for each other. It was tough on Nico to come so close but not get the championship, and it was tough on Lewis.

"I think there is going to be a huge amount of respect for each other and a lot of give and take and I think this season is going to be the most interesting between those guys. At the end of the day it is competition and there is a huge respect and friendship between both boys and it has been there a long, long time - those boys have known each other since they were 13."
    © ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Read more at Lewis Hamilton could win 2015 title by mid-year, says father | Mercedes | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Close to toil.

16. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    The remarks attributed to Mr. Hamilton (senior) seem to ignore the fact that Mr. Rosberg (senior) might make the same statements! Lewis' dad seems to think that only Lewis had any mechanical issues, totally ignoring the fact that Nico had a mechanical in the last race. If that would have turned out a bit differently, Nico would be champion now.

17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Hamilton well and truly schooled Rosberg last season. This season will be more of the same unless Merc decides to intervene via team orders. Hopefully the rest of the teams can close the gap to Merc but it's unlikely any will be able to completely haul them in. As for McLaren, their fate is in the lap of the Honda gods...

18. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I still don't know how Nico ever got pole or won a race, considering Lewis' massive talent. Just lucky, I guess. weird that either could have been WDC at the last race of the season.

^^sarcasm

19. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Just read the Honda news. This could be a lot better than we expect.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 both are talented and capable. It will be interesting this year to see how Nico changes in response to last year. Also will LH have his 'hunger' as strong now that he has title #2. Its nice to attain the summit and difficult to stay. Should be fun to watch!

21. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I must admit to this myself.

22. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    now feed our always hungry souls with a link or the story ;)

23. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
  24. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    Please explain the intervene part.