Dos and Donts - Canada 2015 | FerrariChat

Dos and Donts - Canada 2015

Discussion in 'F1' started by Carsonp, Jan 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    Went to Austin in 2013 and now we are thinking Canada this year. What are some does and donts? Good places to stay? must eats?

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    we were there in 2014 we got an apartment through homeaway... it was right on Rue Rene Levesque - central to china town... and down town.

close to Metro so from the track to our apartment was like 15 min metro ride. get the weekend pass for the metro works great.

make sure you to the champagne beach bar at the Ritz -Redbull had a party there last year that was fun.

Restaurants :

1. Liverpool House - was great - but they have a stupid wall mounted menu, but food was very good. its a bit hipster duffus... but still nice - trendy neighborhood.
    Joe Beef is the other restaurant down the block... both are good!

2. Toque was great - food was excellent but very $$$

3. Lawrence - good gastro pub - hipster vibe... but cool

5. dinner at Maison Boulud at the Ritz is also very good - saw Hamilton there with is crew... on Thursday night.

depending on your tickets - be prepared to walk the subway is about the only way in and out of the circuit... unless you get Paddock club parking passes... which is a hassle as its only one lane in and out - you can walk faster.

3. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Montreal is fantastic. You will love it.

Take the metro to the track. Best seats IMHO are the hairpin.

Just do it.

Only don't is to wait too long with a hotel reservation. Get them in early.

5. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I have gone 15 times, Montreal is awesome. If you can get to to Au Pied de Cochon for dinner you should! A second recommendation for Liverpool House, we went there in 2013 and it was fantastic. Let the lines for the Metro die down after the race and walk the track. You will have a great time,

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    You will have a blast! Good times....

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you want to economize, stay on the south shore, drive (or take a bus) to the Longueuil Metro station, and it's only one station to the islands. Plus, after the race, you are going in the direction of fewer people.

My choice for grandstands is at the hairpin, either 15 or 24, though less passing takes place there than in the old days, and 15 is farther from the track than in the past. A bonus is that these are among the closest grandstands to the exit, so you can beat most of the crowd off the island after the race!

Take the Metro downtown on Saturday after the day's activities wind down, and you'll find one of several street parties. My choice is Rue Crescent (exit the Metro at Guy/Concordia) and you can dine al fresco while watching the activities.

8. asjoseph

asjoseph Karting
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern California
    ... excluding Las Vegas, worst of all is, Monte Carlo. Of all Grand Prix on the F1 calendar to attend, Canada is by far best. Weather's nice and the sun sets late that time of year, the circuit's wonderful for viewing, people are nice, horny Canadians everywhere coming out for the nightlife, everything about Montreal over the GP weekend is perfect. If you can't get laid nine times over the GP of Canada weekend, then you're a dork - asj.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Except for Monaco, Montreal is as good as it gets

10. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I'm seriously looking into doing Suzuka this year. I see it is a bit of a pain to get to, but I assume once there it is awesome? The nearby Foower Garden hotel looks nice enough and I do not at all mind doing a bit of walking as I see Seishonennomori park is just nextdoor. Anyone been? I'm going to be in Korea that exact time frame so I figure popping in wont be too difficult and airline seats I've looked into are very reasonable.

11. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    LOVED my Montreal trip. Can't wait to get back there. Love the city. Love the people. Some folks complain about riding the Metro in, but I absolutely love it. I wish I could do that for every sporting event I go to.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ditto, that Metro is THE best. NO traffic jam as with most other GPs

13. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I've been going to the Montreal Grand Prix for years now. Beautiful city and very friendly people. The way I always describe it: "European city with an American system" The best of both worlds.

14. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    And the girls!