Formula 1 Grand Prix Du Canada 2015 | FerrariChat

Formula 1 Grand Prix Du Canada 2015

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferris Bueller, Feb 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Does anyone have a detailed seating chart for Montreal grand stands?
    I am always at the mercy of the phone operator to suggest seating and I like to pick out seats beforehand.
    Major concert events have seating charts for every venue possible , yet F1 remains a mystery.

2. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Not sure what is available now but sections 6 and 7 are the best for grandstand 12, in grandstand 11 sections 1 and 2 are best. Not certain regarding the hairpin. Contrary to seating virtually everywhere else, double letters row sit lower than single letters, ie row BB is row 2, b is row 28. ;)
    Canadian Grand Prix Tickets-Montreal Grand prix tickets-Grand Prix Of Canada Tickets-Billets Grand Prix du Canada

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    At the hairpin, stand 15 gives the best overall view but is now much further from the track than it used to be. Today stand 24 may be the best choice but you'll be looking directly into the sun in the afternoon.

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

If you go to Formula1 website, they have the circuit seating charts and ticket info on the site. Group I go with has been sitting in 24 for quite a few years. I like sitting at the other end as well in 12, unfortunately the F1 folks don't let you package seats at different locations. It's 3 days here or 3 days there, it sucks if you want to see other areas of the circuit over the weekend.

Back in the mid 80s when a friend and I would go, there were almost no grandstands and you could almost go anywhere, if you just put some effort into it. A buddy and I were virtually standing on the track and realized it a few mins before the cars came around. There was very little security to keep you away from places, now it is like a fortress. Also, The paddock closer to the hairpinalong the main straight and a big hill with fantastic views was where the paddock is today.

It's a great time and I'm looking forward to being there this year after a couple years away. We try and do a gokarting event every year, usually looking for a few extra people to have track to ourselves.

5. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Can I assume Grandstand 12 sections 6&7 is to the far left next to grandstand 11? Sitting in my seats and looking at the track?
    I sit in 11 and 12 every year and like to be in the corner where both sections meet if that makes any sense.
    My ideal seat choice would be Grandstand 12 to the far left where the rows have approx 6 seats. You can see start/finish and then leaving Senna corner to the long staight under the pedstrian bridge.

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Exactly.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I started going in 1982, and continuing for around twenty years, I never used my grandstand ticket on Saturday, except perhaps for the late-day support races that followed the F1 activities. Instead, I'd roam around the track, taking photos from some of the general-admission areas. One of these was on the grass in front of stands 11 & 12, even for those who did not have seat tickets for those stands.

The last time I was there, about four years ago, I found that every one of those areas was now off limits, some for everyone and others except for those people sitting in the adjacent grandstands. In the end, every photo I took that weekend was from my seat in stand 24. What a bummer!

8. mrbucket2

mrbucket2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2006
    Bergen County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah I went with my father in 2010 for the first time and he said that you used to be able to go almost anywhere on the island when he used to go. When I was there it was pretty much useless to have a general admission ticket, maybe like 5% of people with them could actually see anything on the track.

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, my friend Jim has photos he took from trees inside the Lightbulb turn looking down on cars. Was a different time back in the 80s. General Admission was 25.00 CAD with exchange rate it was like $18 US for the weekend. You could see everything, get free Player cigs and free posters, plus we we would sneak into the paddock taking pics of all the suspension tech and seeing Niki Lauda doing an intervies 6 feet away.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Until they built the new garages and pits in 1988, the garages that the F1 teams used had actually been built for the rowing teams to use for the 1976 Olympic Games! They were east of both the racing circuit and the rowing basin.

And the area was accessible to fans. I remember one year seeing the Tyrrell team eating lunch on Saturday!

11. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I ordered my tickets today.
    They only had single seats scattered in grandstand 12, section 7 so I am sitting in section 6.
    Not a bad seat but I am in the middle of the row. Hard to come and go without pissing people off