The 'Kimi vs Seb' thread | FerrariChat

The 'Kimi vs Seb' thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferraripilot, Feb 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Now that Kimi has a car that isn't a complete train wreck, I believe we will see Kimi back to his old brilliant self so I actually believe Kimi will outperform Vettel this season. When stuff is right for Kimi, he is unbeatable, but that's the key in that everything has to be 'right'. Seb is very much the same way but I just don't believe Kimi -when on top of his game- can be beat. Just a feeling at this point. Can't wait to watch.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I feel the same as you, but i also believe that Seb is better than many think, so it will be a hard battle....Kimi is more twards the end of his carrer while Seb is still very young....i like them both (but favour KImi as i believe he is more naturaly talented than any other driver on the grid)...luck and reliability will play a big part on the outcome.

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I look forward to these friendly battles between them because I believe they will both enjoy it and I am not caring who wins, I just want the team to improve. I think they do as well. Kimi will have a bit of motivation as he has unfinished business from his lackluster performance last season. By the same then ol Seb will want to prove himself. On this season Kimi's experience working with the team could help him edge out Seb. However, Seb already receiving this grandiose praise from the new team boss could sway more support for Seb on the team.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    i can't wait to see this unfold.

it's an equal, clean slate for both drivers, given the new org and car format.

it will really help paint a clearer picture of the pecking order for the general grid of drivers.

5. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I just pray Ferrari isn't in the same 2014 performance standing when the real racing starts. Seeing those two battle for 5th is not really gonna give me the warm and fuzzies.

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I am sure Seb will do better, by merit or not... Ferrari always has a first and second driver and Kimi won't be allowed to be too competitive IMO. But what I really want to see is Alonso vs Vettel and have a feeling it will happen quite often this season.

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You may want to prepare, or brace yourself because the Scuderia's stated goal is to win two races. The new boss said he'd run up a Maranello hill barefoot if they could manage to win four races.

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Kimi used to be my favorite driver back in his Mclaren days.
    Belly full of fire.
    I think much of it has gone out.
    Without it you're just another talented driver waiting for the stars to align before you have a good race.
    The greats push the stars.

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He still had plenty of fire at Lotus...

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1 on all

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Grosjean was well handled by Kimi, and he is a very quick driver. He lost nothing

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Seb was brought in the be the new number one but for the first time in forever i think ferrari will let their driver's race with equal equipment and won't show favoritism until one person has a definitive point advantage.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Kimi is smiling...i doubt Vettel is gonna have an easy time against him.

14. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    My prediction is vettel will finish 2 places ahead in wdc standings but gap won't be large by any means

15. Abbey

Abbey Karting

Dec 1, 2014
    We have two of the best drivers. I am sure they are both going to do a great job and give us a number of exciting battles between them like we saw in 2013. I remember Kimi in that new Lotus when it got up to speed and he was racing against Sebastian at the front in his Red Bull car. They were pretty competitive, so I think we can expect more of that. They are both super talented, champions and it is too close to call. I can't downgrade either of them at all. Sebastian Vettel is already a historical driver due to his many championships which only a few other men have been able to do. They all had a nice car, but they still had to drive those cars to the championship. I remember that race where Sebastian was whacked and turned around and he didn't give up. It was very sad for us at that time, but I am proud to have him as our driver now because he proved he won't give up because things are difficult and he pushed hard for those four championships which he will do for us also. We all know our champion Kimi is great, so I see it as a fun battle with two top drivers. I am glad they get a long, it has made our whole team seem much lighter and happy.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Agree, the dark days seem to be getting further behind us....

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    meh. In the end Kimi didn't look too good against Romain. In some sort of way, 2015 is make or break. If Kimi doesn't keep Vettel in check, than his time in F1 is over.

18. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    In Kimi's defense, he stopped getting paid

19. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

It was a complex situation at Lotus but his press reports of late say he is not worried about his contract for next year. I would think he knows if he does not do well against Vettel he will be released. It will be decided before the end of the season most likely.

Overall Kimi is an accomplished driver but is not nearly in the same league as others.

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Exciting!

I think you may be right, and kimi is one of my favorites, but I'm also rooting for Vettel so he can shut up deserters who think he can't win again.