Manor says they will be in Australia | FerrariChat

Manor says they will be in Australia

Discussion in 'F1' started by trumpet77, Feb 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I wonder who their second driver might be

They are probably not worried about 107 % at this stage since it appears merely presenting a car for scrutineering counts as attendance (as opposed to one of the three permissible missed races)

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Trucks have been spotted over the last week or so...Best to them but with an out of date engine and so for not a single meter driven with the car, its going to get tough for them to stay within 107%.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Last year in Australia even Chilton managed 105.7 % !

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup. But now they have an outdated engine, albeit a new car that hasn't been tested. Up against highly improved new cars with new engines, all vastly improved :eek:.

I wish them the best but unless they get a serious cash injection, I don't see them lasting the entire season.

6. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    This is a titanic battle and props to whoever is really trying hard to keep them alive.

7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Agreed.

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    well, quite a large sum of money is on the table for them if they can make the appearance into 2015, so it's only logical that they do all they can to try to get some of that and help ease their finances.

If they can't make it happen, then they don't get the millions they earned from the 2014 constructors. Creditors want their money so I'm sure they're doing all they can to keep the boat afloat long enough to get their checks.

9. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Marussia still on board as sponsors or they haven't gotten the approval to change team name back to Manor? Hope they can make it to Melbourne as participants rather than spectators!

10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  11. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have mixed feelings about this. It's good for the guys who are now able to continue working in F1. But, this team is just grid filler. There is no way that one of last years backmarker will not qualify in the last 2 grid spots every race (if they can find a second driver and make the 107% cut-off). So it's a bit sad for F1 that they are excited to see one of last years weakest teams able to advance to 2015 in a car that was awful in 2014.

12. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Iirc their factory and 2015 car designs were sold to Haas. How's this going to work..

13. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Marussia no longer sponsor the team and there would be no issue with dropping it from the team name if they wanted to.

However, the Marussia part of the team name is still incorporated to help guarantee that the team can at least get a share of the prize money that was due them from last season if they cannot get all of it.

See here for more details: Is Marussia actually entitled to 2014 prize money? - Pitpass.com

14. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Pretty sure that Haas did not buy the 2015 car design.

15. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Here's an article fromJanuary 24, 2015

No Marussia bail out

Despite rumors of Haas Formula 1 looking to save the Marsussia teams, Steiner says, “there’s no involvement from Haas.”
    “We will be buying the building, we might buy some testing equipment they got there but nothing of substance.
    "We didn’t buy the sign or any of the IP (Intellectual property) rights. That was also a rumor in the press, that we bought the IP rights of their 2015 car. That’s not right. We’re developing our own car.”
    Guenther Steiner reveals Haas F1's next move | F1 news | Motorsport.com

16. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Thanks 4rePhill, makes sense. Hope they can continue as Manor F1.

17. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
  18. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Marussia (or whatever it's called) is backed by Stephen Fitzpatrick of Ovo Energy, a private UK utility company.

Ovo Energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that guy has a lot of money. I wish him the best of luck.

19. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Bernie was said to be speeding up some payments to Lotus, Sauber, and Force India, but no mention of Manor getting prize money from last year. As just a fan looking in, it amazes me that they don't hand out prize money say the day after the last race of the season, but what do I know about big money and finances?

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    well I guess the price money is an incentive to come back the following year with full commitment. Some shady characters used to ru(i)n F1 teams and the last thing you'd want to see is some team artificially folding for a small number of people benefitting with the big bucks.

21. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    SuperSport.com Mobi

They passed the test and will be in Australia. So who has a superlicence and is free that weekend?

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Errr, Alonso !!!!

23. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Hey, he's already familiar with last year's Ferrari engines, maybe they'll be using one of his anyway!

24. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Roberto Merhi announced as 2nd driver.

Will they beat anyone this year?

25. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    It looks different, having seen so many silver cars of late. I hope they qualify.