F1 2015 Test 3 - Barcelona | FerrariChat

F1 2015 Test 3 - Barcelona

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The times look very familiar from last year....Mercedes in front and almost nothing within a second, then Williams and Red Bull.
    It looks like not much changed over winter...

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Williams flexes some muscles today, with Massa clocking a 1:24.6 on mediums and 1:23.5 on softs, the FASTEST time of the testing sessions.

Perhaps they are the ones best prepared to take the fight to Mercedes...

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    nothing will be certain until saturday afternoon in Australia.

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Am starting to get a nervous feeling about Ferrari.... Miles off the pace today as the Mercs and Williams start to turn it up. :(

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Their publicly stated goal is to win two races.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Truer words....

No need to be nervous - yet anyway.....

When the Mercs are slow it's because they're sandbagging, when Ferrari are slow it's because they're crap.... Different run programs is all IMO.

Can hardly wait for Melbourne. And specifically Q2/3.....

"When the flag drops, the BS stops". ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 bring on the racing. Its time lol!!! :)

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Merc presumably was testing new parts for a big token spend. Car broke in MGUK. Hmmm. Tomorrow will be interesting.

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    FWIW;

Sorry about the formatting.... Seems 'tabs' don't copy well.... But at least the data's all there. ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    According to Chandhok (surely one of the nicest guys inside racing IMO, just loves racing and cars as much as us idiots on the forums) the Mercedes looks absolutely on rails and the best (surprise surprise), Williams have a solid base and from his wording, seems like 2nd best. Ferrari look good but not quite as good as Williams just yet. Red Bull looks quite good also.

Seems we're looking at Ferrari and Red Bull having a solid battle with Williams for podiums.

Torro Rosso might have a form of traction control by cutting the cilinders. Car doesn't look that good unfortunately. I suspect they'll be regularly in the points though. More from him over the coming days.

13. DF1

Interesting report and no surprise overall. No matter I think we will have a fun and good season to enjoy, with much to chat about here lol! :)

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ignoring that we all know that Mercedes will take the title, looks like we're up for an exciting season regardless.

Williams/Ferrari/Red Bull fighting for the podiums and perhaps challenge for a win. Mclaren looking quite good speed wise but hugely unreliable so far compared to others.

Sauber and lotus much improved, maybe fighting with Torro Rosso (Force India we can't comment on yet).

Manor fighting themselves, unlikely to score any points.

15. DF1

Add in the driver changes - should be good times for us!

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    As an excited Alonso-McLaren-Honda fan, I have to say, the McLaren-Honda is looking to be a pos. This year might absolutely be a growing-pain-learning year for them entirely and will prove rather difficult to watch lol.

I also think folks are giving our beloved #teamred too much credit to be honest. I don't see them anywhere close to being the best of the rest. That will be a fight between Williams & RB.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)
    I think Mclaren (when it works) will be trailing on the top 4 but ahead of the others.

Ferrari look comfortably faster/better than last years. We'll see!

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Interesting that last years force India is only 12 seconds slower than Williams fastest time. Either everyone is still sandbagging or this years cars are not a significant step up from last years...

As for Ferrari looking strong - I just don't believe it at present. The car looks stable, but the times don't look that hot. Are they running a proper 2015 PU turned up to 100% yet? I hope not...

19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The Force India set that time on Super Soft tires. Merc and Williams beat that time running with medium tires

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Yeah...based on what we currently know (which doesn't amount to much), I think the pecking order is:

1. Clearly Merc
    2. Clearly Williams
    3. Battle between Ferrari and Red Bull

I'd love for Ferrari to be fighting with Merc, but I don't think anyone realistically expects that this season. Williams will be the equal of Merc at some circuits this year (I think) and will keep things interesting at least.

I think Vettel vs. Ricciardo may turn out to be the most compelling fight this year.

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    12 seconds is the end of the world in F1. Might as well stay in your trailer; you aren't challenging.

Make sure you compare equal tires.

Ferrari claims they will reserved tokens and make PU changes during the season to attempt to be more competitive. So, if that is true, then there is more power coming.

23. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
  24. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    This is probably why they were so fast in initial testing, minimal engine changes.