Alonso to miss Australian Grand Prix | FerrariChat

Alonso to miss Australian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Mar 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Alonso - McLaren - Honda.

The wheels are falling off already. Not a good start for all concerned.

3. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Good choice. A secondary concussion shortly after a concussion as I understand it can be pretty serious. This was similar to the reason Schu (motorcycle incident with concussion) didn't come back when Massa was out.

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Now he has a concussion again? Last press conference Dennis said he had no concussion. Now he does again and his doctors want him to sit.

Seems like Dennis doesn't even listen to the doctors and is annoyed with them.

I mean it's just the guy's brain, what's the worst that could happen!?

I think Ferrari is more concerned with their old driver than McLaren.

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Agree! We are just starting to understand concussions and the horrifying conditions they can lead to later. Good luck to Alonso in his recovery.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I feel concussed from reading about this wreck over and over again. He was electrically shocked it appears. I'll accept that. Thank you.

7. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Mclaren and Ron Dennis are the worst combination to have when you want the truth reporting about anything.

They seem allergic to honesty in Woking.

8. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    +1

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #11 crinoid, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Maybe as an unintended complication of their lying to themselves, each other, and lying about lying they'll inadvertantly tell a truth...?

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Just a cautionary measure, not big deal, and great news for Alonso: travelling to the other side of the world just to do 10 laps before the car breaks down does not look an interesting weekend plan.

If he has to skip the next race too then I´ll get worried.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    We can only guess what really hapened...but there was definitly something out of the ordinary....1-Seb was folowing and claims the accident was freaky
    2-he didn´t hit that hard, his helmet had no signs of impact on the wall but he siffers a concussion tha leaves him 1month out!!
    Something fishy around here.....
    Hope all is well with him and that he can get back on that cockpit.

12. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm sorry but this stinks of more than just a bump on the head. Every driver that pulls on a helmet and fires up the engine risks all manner of injury, up to and including death. I'm very certain that it would be quite easy to find a doctor who would say that auto racing was hazardous and could result in serious injury.

Reports say Alonso sustained an impact of 15g-30g. An article in "The Journal of Trauma: Injury, Infection, and Critical Care",Vol. 48, No. 5, by Rosanne S. Naunheim, MD, John Standeven, PhD, Chris Richter, MD, and Lawrence M. Lewis, MD measured the average "Peak accelerations inside the helmet for football averaged 29.2 g compared with 35 g for hockey. There were no incidents of concussion or other traumatic brain injury
    during the recorded periods. In contrast, the peak accelerations
    associated with heading a soccer ball was 54.7 g"

Now, I'm beginning to think that the accident that Vettel described as looking odd, was staged.

Am I accusing Alonso and his doctor of gaming the system, probably to break his contract with Macca,...you bet I am.

13. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I'm with an earlier poster, who recalled that the initial reports were of no concussion. Now he has a concussion and/or other cerebral-type injury? What gives?
    I also agree that the immediate outlook for McL appears to be pretty poor, so maybe why bother?
    When Honda's return was announced, I had opined twice that their last F1 foray did not bear great results and that expecting them to be immediately on pace was unrealistic. It appears that I may have been correct.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I thought he was ''neurologically speaking, he is 100% fine''.

Hmm.

15. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Nope.

They just get a large fine by the FIA or their ass handed to them by Porsche quite publicly when that happens.

16. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    +1. At least hire some PR to teach him to categorically speak.

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    He was electrically shocked. Look at the pic in this link.

Alonso crash still a hot topic as cover-up suspected | Grand Prix 247

18. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    First interesting conspiracy theory I've heard : )

19. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Haha!

I think my favorite part of the press conference was when Dennis said he shouldn't discuss Alonso's medical situation; then proceeded to discuss his private medical situation. Lol.

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dennis claims that the doctors checked his blood for an enzyme that is released when you are electrocuted. They did not find that he had been electrocuted.

Of course, Dennis also told us he didn't have a concussion, then issued a statement saying he has a concussion.

Just take two crazy pills, wait 45mins, and it will all make sense ; )

21. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    The electrical shock further supports my theory that the software allowed a massive jolt of torque to the electrical motor and precisely the wrong time thus sending Alonso to the wall and burning up the system in short order. Godspeed Fred

22. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It would be easy to take his statements at face value if it were not for the fact that the Alonso soap opera of 2014 revealed him to be a manipulative fabricator of untruths. One thing we know for certain is that manipulative fabricators of untruths, fabricate untruths so as to manipulate. The question is, when are they doing it. Then add Ron Dennis to the mix and you have lies about lies inside a fabrication.

23. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm a rookie when it comes to F1 drama, so I'm getting up to speed as quickly as possible. I appreciate the Cliff's notes! : )