% of car cost towards racing team? | FerrariChat

% of car cost towards racing team?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Patrnflyr, Mar 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Sitting here watching the Australian F1, I've always been curious what the cost is in one F430 towards the F1 team. Everyone understands that Scuderia Ferrari is one of the highest priorities within Ferrari. I'm just curious where the money goes. For example, pay $250,000 towards a new 430 with $50,000 funding the team? With their poor outcomes post Schumacher, I wonder if priorities will change with more dollars to the team or less. Of course, this is all speculation but I thought it would be an interesting discussion...

2. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    I can't answer your question but, for the last lot of financial results I looked at for Ferrari, if you divided the profit by the number of cars you got €44k per car. That gives you an idea of the brand value Ferrari has. To put it in perspective, Ford makes about USD18k per car and they make a lot more of those....

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    thread moved to see if the F1 brain trust has any answers.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    annual F1 budget: £250 million

Minus:
    sponsorship: ~ £170 million (philip morris buys a large part and there are some smaller sponsors)
    FIA Ferrari offerings: £15 million
    FIA pot: pending on position year before. At 4th last year they would get around £55m
    Sell of engines to other teams: ?? enough to make up for the rest though.

So if you buy a new Ferrari, about 0% of your moneys will end at the F1 team.

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Not sure where you got you numbers,… but Ford does not make anything remotely close to $18,000 profit per car.