Seb vs Kimi :2015 | FerrariChat

Seb vs Kimi :2015

Discussion in 'F1' started by texasmr2, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Here ya go.

2. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    would have been close had not the Ice Man had his pit stop snafu's

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    My thoughts as well.

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    So far theyre equal Imo

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Your a funny guy.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same here, equal

7. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #7 tervuren, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    The part we'll not really know, is their input on improving car design.

Kimi has twice now(Lotus, Ferrari) gone to an otherwise thought to be lack luster team/car, only to bring it onto podiums.

I think Alonso was countering Kimi. Pure speculation, just with Alonso gone, the car improved a lot, and the car went downhill every year with Alonso, who started at Ferrari with a championship winning car.

I've seen them both outside of F1, they have totally different ways of getting around the racetrack. I think Seb will score more points than Kimi in races without the need for heavy front tire management.

8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Kimi seems to be driving better this year (albeit based upon one GP), but thus far he is no real match for Seb. Not even particularly close.

9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Yes, especially so when you consider that this year's car is designed to suit him and Vettel is new to the team.

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    So far we can't tell. Poor Kimi didn't have a chance to prove anything. As far as Vettel, I believe that he will be as much as can be based on what he has in his hands. Sometimes with lemon you are trying to make lemonades. One thing is for sure, he made a smart career move to sign up with Ferrari. Red Bull seam to struggle this year.

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    1-zip at the moment w Seb in the lead.

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    BINGO!!

Frankly speaking I am very happy Seb finally moved to Ferrari (if memory serves me I called this move a few season's back, crystal ball and all :p ) but sad that Michael cannot be there to see/enjoy and mentor him. The team is all new and motivated and it seems the handling and power issues are almost figured out so the sun is hopefully once again shining down on the scuderia.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think in terms of the fastest lap, Kimi had more than him..no?

14. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Seb bumped Kimi off in the first corner when Kimi was clearly ahead and the pit crew did the rest. Kimi was on cracking form, I might be pushing it a bit but if Kimi had not had that first corner nudge he would have given a better fight to the Mercs than Massa or Vettel ever did.
    I say he will be the one to watch out for in the red car and will score more points than Vettel.

15. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    First race of the season and stuff happens. If memory serves me Kimi at one point had set fastest race lap? Good news in my opinion.

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kimi had a string of fastests laps.

Iffing and butting here, but if he wasn't tapped at the first corner by Nasr he would've finished 3rd.

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think he did 5-6 in a row. He's pretty comfortable with the car i think.

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Yep. We did not see the washout on the front-end of the Ferrari like we did last year so progress has been made. In regards to Kimi and his failed pit stop I saw two errors....the guy who judges when the stop was successful and releases the car and the tire guy who did not raise his hand sooner indicating they had an issue.

One thing is certain in that someone got their arse "chewed on" or was handed a mop and broom.

19. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    It's frustrating and upsetting working so hard for two days and then pay for the crew's mistake. Kimi defiantly is more comfortable in his new car than last year. No doubt about it. Is he faster than Vettel? I don't know. We will see...

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I want to say (think/believe) we will see more points, WDC or WCC wise, this season from OUR team.

21. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    ... or like when a driver crashes

G

22. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    If we don't the season will be a failure. MB is going to take the wins and the lion share of the points but other than Williams who does Ferrari have to worry about?

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    The Cans for one...... And even the Baby Cans appear to have a very tidy car going.

Sauber? They got off to a pretty good start and as long as they can keep the money flowing in may surprise some I feel.

Force India? Probably not.

Fauxtus? Probably not.

Manor & Mclaren? Nah.... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

24. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    It is going to be a tough battle but I think Ferrari are on better path than they were on last season. If Williams makes a few chassis improvements and tells Massa to STFU and focus on his JOB they will be a contender for 2nd in the WCC points race (my thoughts).
    I just wish F1 doubled the amount of races so I/we do not have to wait two weeks for the next race!!!

I just detoured again didn't I?

25. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    All true, but given the current state of power output if RB or TR beat Ferrari the scuderia will have failed. If Sauber beat them in a customer car it's another failure.