Alonso and Malaysia | FerrariChat

Alonso and Malaysia

Discussion in 'F1' started by MalibuGuy, Mar 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    There was an announcement that Alonso will get into the simulator to evaluate his capabilities.

If he passes that test, then he will get a chance to get into a real car.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Thanks for the update! Source??

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    To be more precise he is at the simulator at Woking today and then will have the FIA test to pass prior to getting in his car

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If I was him, I'd be swinging the lead right now (for those outside of 1940's England, swinging the lead is a term referring to those who fake illness to get out of work). Who the hell would be excited to get into mclaren just now, it barely has any pace at all and its a lottery whether the engine will last more than one lap.

He must be feeling so betrayed with all the bs promises they made to get him there, 'yeah fernando, don't worry, you know Honda, in 1981 they built a fantastic engine, so with all the extra time they have our new one will be awesome..........' Yeah right, Honda and mclaren should be ashamed of themselves right now, only one car makes it onto the grid, and that one is turned down so low it barely moves to protect the crap engine. By Spain both of them, an almost definitely fernando, will have no new engines left, and will be starting under a penalty in every race after by the look of it, what a shambles.

Sorry Ron, this won't get you any closer to a title sponsor, rapidly becoming a sick joke

6. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014

Agreed. They would have known the engine was terrible all along and fed alonso with lies and false promises until he signed.

Alonso will undoubtedly be available for 2016 (exit clause). Hoping he will take Kimis vacant seat (unlikely ferrari will want him back because vettel will run scared) or hopefully Rosberg will be sick of coming second to Lewis and go to Ferrari in the hope of getting a championship there and then hamilton and alonso can make up a merc super team and provide us with an epic battle

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Alonso will make mince meat of Hamilton without Ron there helping Lewis every inch of the way to the detriment to Alonso, like last time they were in the same team.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seriously??? You think that Ferrari just don´t want him back just because Vettel would run scared??? And why should Rosberg leave Mercedes to get a seat in an inferior Ferrari, just because of Hamilton???
    If Alonso is faking an illness just not to drive that McLaren and leaving them after the season than it is a proven fact that he is not a team player and that he is unloyal...Who wants a driver like that in his team?
    I think the last seasons have shown that nobody needs Alonso to get a WDC or WCC, either you have a car good enough (4 year RB and last year Mercedes) then there are a lot of people able to win with that or you don´t then even a good driving Alonso does not get the job done...It is all about the cars and less about the drivers...

9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That Mercedes would be nowhere without Lewis in the team.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Oh sorry, how could I forget that ;)

11. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I don't believe that.

12. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    garbage and you know it lol

Well vettel ran from ricciardo pretty quick... many drivers dont like sharing a team with another competitive driver. Rosberg should leave Merc because ferrari are becoming competitive again. He knows he cannot beat lewis in the same machinery so his only hope would be that ferrari would make a better car than merc in 2016-2017 and he can beat that team mate more easily (i.e vettel).

and why shouldnt alonso fake his illness? Dennis is a lying scum bag POS who knew that the honda engine was garbage (4 secs off the pace so he damn well did know) yet he would've lied to poor Alonso and conned him into joining. Scum Dennis doesn't deserve loyal drivers he is a snake.

And thats not true - for some seasons the driver will make the difference. Lately f1 has had periods of 1 team being uber competitive but say 2007- ferrari and mac in the championship. Years like that the driver can make a difference. Teams want all they can get and Alonso is faster than most

13. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I've heard that Alonso snuck in some coding to replicate sudden gusts of wind into McLaren's simulator. ;)

14. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    #14 Fast_ian, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Neither does (almost) anyone else....

We really need a "sarcasm font". ;)

Just noticed this in the smalls ads in Autosport;

Cheers,
    Ian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    My two cents says Vettel didn't run FROM anything as much as he ran TO Ferrari.

No way in the world I can believe that any F1 driver would sign for a team just because the team said "trust us, this engine will be GREAT!". They know it's a gamble on any new team/car/engine working well in the first year.

16. jickmagger

jickmagger Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    They are going to put him in the Back To The Future DeLorean and if he doesn't notice anything wrong with the present year being 1995 then he wont be able to drive in the next F1 race!

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I don't buy that at all.

Lewis may be faster than Rosberg, but anyone else in that car can easily secure P2 at worst.

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Himself + Horner have already answered this in a several sky interviews.

He ran FROM Redbull. He owned up to it.

If he had stayed longer and Ric continued to show him up, his value would have dropped dramatically and would not have gotten the same offer from Ferrari.

Timing was right. Situation at Ferrari was right. He took his exit.

/discussion

19. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    OK, I must have missed Vettel saying why he was leaving,

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Excited to see him back. Watching Alonso trying to get points out of this car will be one of the few highlights of the season.

21. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Watching Alonso struggle to pass Ericsson, Merhi, Stevens and Maldonado would be the highlight of the season.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  23. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I give a 50/50 chance Alonso will ever climb in the McLaren again.

24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lets quote yourself on that:
    +1...Obviously, but that does not suit those who think they must bash a four times WDC...As soon as he might win in the Ferrari same people will say it is just because of the car, not the driver...But at the same time they praise Hamilton for winning in the most dominant F1 car ever, now that is stupid....
    Again +1...The "snake" offered mega bucks to "the poor Alonso" and he took it with pleasure...I do not know why that deserves any pity...
    Hahaha sensational stuff...You just said that in the year 2007 the driver made the difference, that is why Raikkonen (who you permantly bash) won over your honey Hamilton...I will quote you on that more often in future...:D

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It was a joke....just to make toil laugh.