Hamilton buys a LaFerrari | FerrariChat

Hamilton buys a LaFerrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by freshmeat, Mar 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, aside from the obvious that "limited production" or "sold out" is just a load of marketing horse crud at Ferrari, it sounds like Hamilton might be pulling a shenanigan w Mercedes to try to get more $$$$$$$$ or perhaps the rumor of Alonso jumping ship after a year might actually not be too far-fetched...

---------------------

Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton has had contact with Ferrari, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has admitted.

Paddock rumours in Australia suggested that, as he conducts his own negotiations for a new contract beyond 2015, the British driver had been in touch with Ferrari. Wolff doesn’t deny it.

“Sure, Lewis has had contact with Ferrari,” he confirmed to Sport Bild, before grinning: “He has just bought a LaFerrari.”

LaFerrari is an ultra-rare Ferrari supercar, so it is interesting that Hamilton – the reigning world champion for Mercedes – has so openly bought one.

Indeed, long before Sebastian Vettel’s move from Red Bull, the German bought a Ferrari road car but had to keep it a secret.

But Wolff said of Hamilton’s purchase: “We have no problem with that.”

Indeed, both sides say they are now close to agreeing terms for a new Mercedes contract for 2016 and beyond.

But if Hamilton were to leave Mercedes, the most coveted cockpit in F1 would open up and Wolff has already said Fernando Alonso is in pole position to fill it.

Eric Boullier, boss of the struggling McLaren-Honda team, told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he is “not at all” worried the Spaniard could jump ship to Mercedes after just a single year.

---------------------

Source: Hamilton buys $1.4 million LaFerrari supercar | GRAND PRIX 247

2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Nice. What's he going to do with the 3 pedal Pagani

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm sure he'll keep it.

Not a big fan of some of the accents on his Zonda, such as the rings around the rear lights and the purple interior. The rest is ****ing awesome.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It's a Zonda. I would take it in any shade.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'd take it in hot pink and the interior covered in baby ****. I would sacrifice a cute puppy daily for it.

6. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Vettel had to keep his Ferrari purchase a secret? WTF? It's a rudding road car! And Red Bull doesn't make road cars. This world is getting more silly by the minute.

But I certainly doubt that Hamilton is leaving Mercedes. It's the only place to be right now. I'm sure he wants more titles.

Onno

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I remember that Ron Dennis made Mika sell his Ferrari (355?) when he bought one. Strangely, when Button was signed to Mclaren, suddenly his Enzo, 512bb, Veyron & others went on sale...

I'm not sure how accurate it is that Vettel wasn't allowed to own a Ferrari at Red Bull. He owned a Scuderia when he signed with them (bought it with Toro Rosso moneys, which of course was Ferrari powered), I wonder if they made him sell that one?

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Still has it. I don't agree w the driver, but I can w his stable of an F40 + 430 Scuderia.

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Its a 3 pedal supercar id take it in any shade.

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    If he wins again i could see him leaving and trying to win at ferrari. If he pulls three teams to championships it'll be hard for anyone to argue he's among the best ever (though based om his stats it's hard to argue now).

11. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    would so love for him to join ferrari. just to see how much it pisses some people off on here would be worth it.

but wow lucky him. my fav car. how did he get one if they are all allocated? or did he buy one earlier and its just being made public

12. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    If I remember correctly, Vettel had bought a california for his father when he was still with Red bull.

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I could see that happening too...I'm in favour of it!

14. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I think sometime this year he will equal Senna's win record on the way to his third championship, also matching Senna. That will be a big day for Lewis I would think.

Would love to see him go for a title in Ferrari with Seb as his teammate.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Hamilton has owned other Ferraris including the open or aperta 599.

I know this because I saw his car at my service center.

Many race drivers and CEOs in the auto industry own or want to own a Ferrari. Why? Because they are cars which are truly special.

16. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The Cold War was neither a war nor cold, discuss.

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    IIRC, Massa has one too..

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, La Massa is well known..pretty thing....of course i doubt Hamilton would by a black Ferrari....

19. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 < a very rare occurrence :)

20. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Enzo gave Peter Collins a 250 Spider because he didn't want him driving the Lancia he owned.

21. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #21 Aircon, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED