Teams setting expectations... | FerrariChat

Teams setting expectations...

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Apr 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm kinda sick of reading about every team just admitting defeat already. Maybe they're being honest, but something just strikes me as odd when competitors just concede.

Red Bull & Renault - announce they won't have a competitive PU until next year

Force India - we won't be back to form until at least mid season

McLaren/Honda - whatever.

It just kills my excitement and I think for me highlights everything that is wrong with F1. Whether its rules creating or preventing change and update... the ability to be able to make meaningful advances throughout the year and change the course of a season or money or whatever... to me that's the heart of the problem. Whatever causes that is what needs to be changed.

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Dude, but Ferrari won! Nothing else matters! :D

3. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah... okay.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I agree that all these restrictions on developments have in the end hurt the viewers, though.
    If you have to cut costs don't do it at the expense of the spectacle or the whole sport looses value.

5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm an RB fan, but I sure don't have anything to chear about and certainly nothing to hope for. They've flat out stated that - NO WE WON'T BE WINNING ANYTHING!"

That kills me as a fan... not just for RB but for all teams in the situation. I'm glad Ferrari may contend for wins on an even playing field this year. I don't want to spend every race day hoping Nico crashes out Hammy so someone else can win.

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1. This is how I felt last year. And the year before. And before that one...