An example for F1 ? | FerrariChat

An example for F1 ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Apr 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I read that this morning. Baffled.

Feminazis winning?

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    There is a recent discussion on Asphalt & Rubber regarding this as a possible cause for the lack of popularity of MotoGP among women. Complete BS if you ask me, although IF it is an actual reason, it says more about the potential female viewers and their insecurities than anything inherently offensive.

If there were a female F1 driver or MotoGP rider (I think there are one or two in the lower classes), put a ripped dude in a tight outfit to hold the umbrella for them. No other guy watching will care, and if any guy does get offended he is probably just curious and scared of that interest within himself.

4. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Nobody is holding a gun to these girls heads and making them dress up and stand there. Anyone know if they got paid to do so? Some might do it just for the recognition and maybe furthering a career in modeling?

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    It's just ridiculous already. Everyone's " offended " by everything, corporations cave at the slightest thing, when does it end? Sick of it. I'm offended the cars have no sound, when will they address that?

6. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I don't think any of the F1 grid girls are too bad. I get their point. But look at the grid girls at the muslim countries, they're conservatively dressed.

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    My understanding is that they are usually amateur/semi-pro models and it's a paid event for them.

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Feminists are so stupid and contradictory its ridiculous.

9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The grid girls at Silverstone looked like they were having a great weekend when I was there for last year's F1 GP. Heck, if they had grid guys and someone thought I looked nice enough to stand next to a racecar on the grid I'd do it! :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Exactly!

For decades women have campaigned and fought to have the right and freedom to choose how they live their own lives, to not be dictated to by others as to what they can and cannot do, and now the same people who fought for these rights are telling young women that they can no longer choose to dress in a sexy manner and be a grid girl!

Basically feminists seem to believe that women should have the right to choose - So long as it's only the choices that the feminists approve of!

Oh the hypocrisy! :rolleyes:

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I couldn't care less myself, but I have taken women to different motor racing events, and their initial reactions to grid girls hasn't been very positive, I must say.

"What are they doing here?" one said, "That's completely unnecessary."

As for the use of cheerleaders, my daughters reckon they are there just to attract the perverts to watch the sport. Increasingly women see this as outdated and sexist.

There is definitely a negative aspect in this sort of pageantry (whatever some men say) and maybe some sporting authorities listen to the womenfolk for once?

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

What if I'm offended at their offence? Where is my retribution?

85% of the worlds' population is stupid, a theory I've developed and continue to prove on a daily basis. Shove this into that pile as well.

13. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    But shouldn't women have the choice whether they want to be grid girls or cheerleaders rather than being told whether they can or cannot do it?

By taking that choice away, the feminists are eroding women's freedom of choice!

Where once men told women what they could and couldn't do, now women are telling women what they can and can't do! - Where's the freedom in that?

It should be a woman's choice to do whatever she wants to do! - And if other women don't like it, well that's their bad luck!

I bet these women don't get upset about male models and male strippers!

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    My view also.
    Agree. Some NRL clubs in Australia no longer have cheerleaders
    Agree.

Would be very healthy if the whole modelling industry fncked off actually. They do far more harm than good.
    Pete

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree, but why does some idiot organising a race or sporting game think we need them in the first place. We don't and it is simply an inappropriate place for sexing up the image.
    Agree, but it is not their choice that is the problem it is the original decision that the organiser has decided we need a bunch of girls (yes they are young) to stand around being nothing more than viewing pleasure for the perverts in society.
    Mate you will never stop this. Women have been ruining other women's lives for ever. Go watch a womens golf competition, the rule checking is unbelieveable, total *****es ...
    Find me a sporting competition where the organiser has noted that they need male models ...?
    Pete

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, some would say that willing participants or not, paid to tease men, these girls are just exploited and used to demean the image of women.
    I hear that argument from the women at home all the time.

For them, standing on the grid in short skirt whilst revealing cleavage, playing the clothe horse on the catwalk or being a well paid call-girl is all the same. This is not what womanhood is about, they argue, that is just "exploitation of a gender by another" (I quote).

Instead of women represented as sex objects, society should promote a durable role for women, one that is not fading away with age or motherhood; why not promote self-fullfilment, education and equal role instead?

As I said, I hear these arguments at home everyday from my wife and very feminist daughters!

Personally, I couldn't care less.

As I was mentioning this post to my daughter, she suggested that maybe sport organisers should arrange for gay parades before the events, to see the reaction of the fellows !!!!!!

Never a dull moment here .....

17. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Give this ^^^^ man a prize!

18. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    If the girls thought it was degrading they simply wouldn't do it.

I'm sure they will want to ban female models altogether before too long.

19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Women who object to grid girls are probably less attractive, less secure and less pleasant to be around than the grid girls.....:)

20. NJB13

NJB13 Formula 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Pampanga,Philippines
    Full Name:
    Norm
    So should we have all women in burkas at just F1 events or should we apply this brilliant logic to our beaches etc?

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Women are not paid to go to beaches.

You guys cannot understand that it is not what the girls do or want to do, it is the fact that somebody is organising for them to be there as images and paying for them ... If girls want to walk around like this, they can do this as part of the spectators
    Pete

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not true at all.

I'm sure there are girls that rather don't want to do this as a job, but did it for a paycheck. They are in the minority however, and a big minority at that.

The girls are models, they get hired because they look good. If they can't understand this they should do something else.

If the girl became a model simply because she wants to do the catwalk for Victoria's Secret and therefore doesn't want to do the grid girl thing but only does it for a paycheck, she's an idiot. That's on the same level a guy boycotting his GP3 drive because all he really wants is F1.

23. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    She does have a point.

Grid girl duties aren't degrading to the grid girls themselves. They get paid and do it by choice. But it does set the tone, doesn't it? The boys are there to race cool cars. The girls are there to give perverts an erection. So while i love looking at gridgirls I get their (the feminists) point. Maybe adding ripped grid boys would be a good idea, if only to show the overweight pervert f******s (myself included unfortunately) what it takes to land girls like that and to give our wives reasons to watch as well.

What's really silly is getting upset that women find the pervert-attracting use of gridgirls upsetting

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A few years ago at valencia there where grid men, the world didn't implode...

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Well F1 cars have been neutered, it's important to stay consistent.