No more team orders at Ferrari ? | FerrariChat

No more team orders at Ferrari ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Apr 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think what he means is that there will be no team orders unless one of them is out of contention and the other as a real chance of taking the title...

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

We have yet to see how Arrivabene would react to a Mansell-Piquet situation, or a Prost-Senna war in the team, where no quarter given by any driver.

I hope he doesn't have to face that, although it would be good to see the Scuderia with 2 drivers with the title in sight.

I cannot remember when was the last time.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    2007, not that long ago!!

5. NJB13

NJB13 Formula 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Pampanga,Philippines
    Full Name:
    Norm
    This is the first thing that Arrivabene has said that I don't agree with. Not because I agree or disagree with team orders per se but because I prefer not saying anything over unnecessary statements.

6. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Why would they need team orders? Seb is clearly the No. 1 and Kimi can't catch him.

Mark

7. mertini86

mertini86 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    Brussels / Istanbul
    Full Name:
    Mert Candarli
    Scuderia wouldn't need any team orders at this stage of the season anyway. We will see how things evolve this season and most probably next season as well.

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Agreed. Team orders probably won't ever come into play this year. Ferrari has a good grip on second in the constructor's title and is unlikely to push merc to their true limit...for now.

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think what he actually means is, he will only impose team orders if one of the drivers are out of contention, mathematically.

Also, Kimster did note that the regime under Arri, verses Dom, and Mattiaci, is the best he's worked at Ferrari. Which is good.

10. Abbey

Abbey Karting

Dec 1, 2014
    I think it is wonderful.

11. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Silence is golden. Now he's on the spot with the press. They will be looking for the issue to pop-up ,and be all over him if it does.

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    True.
    My biggest concern this year is team management. The car is good. The drivers capable but management is untested.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If true, it's about time. The sport needs to clean these kinds of predetermined outcomes.

I can understand it later in the season when one person has a commanding lead and the other can support them. But as long as both are in the hunt, they should be allowed to compete.

It's better for the team as well as long as they don't take each other off the track.