montreal F1 race. hotel questions | FerrariChat

montreal F1 race. hotel questions

Discussion in 'F1' started by Edward 96GTS, Apr 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    is it still possible to get hotel reservations and decent tickets?
    where to stay?
    tia
    ed

2. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Sent you a PM.

3. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If you want something last minute and on the cheap - McGill University rents out its dorm rooms for the weekend. In my younger years when i was more budget conscious i woule be able to grab a room for about $150 a night, halfway between Crescent and St Laurnet and near the Metro, if you jsut want a place to sleep you cant beat it

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    $150/night for a dorm room? That's pricey.

Personally, I would get a hotel room close to a metro (subway) station. That is the way to go when attending the race. You don't have to be anywhere near downtown and the expensive hotels.

5. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    there were still tickets at the GP site in almost every grandstand last week. In the past that race always sold out.

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I'm heading to the race with my wife.

Which seating do you guys recommend?

Robb

7. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    All depends on what you want to do during the weekend. When i have gone in years past I went for the race but also went for the downtown experience so i wanted to be within walking distance of everything. $150 a night was very cheap compare to hotels and the dorm rooms are really identical to a standard double queen hotel room so it was really good value for a place to just crash.

8. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I think $150 is cheap. Be very careful if you've never been there before - our first time we ended up booking a place that was a dump, prostitutes outside and likely roach infested inside. I was there with my family, and my wife insisted I find something else immediately (our 2 girls were very young at the time).

In a panic, I called the Hilton (the one right by the track and the subway underneath). Room rate was the same as the flea bag place and they had availabilities.

The place was beautiful, and I even got to meet Ralf Schumacher (who was staying there, as were many of the racers). As an added bonus, I look a lot like Jacques Villeneuve, so when we were going to the race, people on the street would yell "JACQUES!!!" when I walked by...very funny.

9. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    Air B&B. Got a large 3 bed apartment downtown for the entire weekend for like 500-600.

10. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Good point. Being born and raised there, I forget about the attraction to the downtown area.

11. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I go every year to the Grand Prix in Montreal. I always stay at Le St. Martin (downtown). It's a nice boutique hotel and it costs a little over $500 per night. At least I don't have to worry about bed bugs.

12. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    4 points Sheraton. Near everything you want and reasonably priced.

13. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    For those of you coming into town looking for a great event on saturday night, we are having a Ferrari fundraiser gala downtown. International cocktail buffet, 4 course meal, wine & nightly dessert table included. We will have some VIPs, some cool cars and at least 2 dozen Fchatters will be present.

Live music, silent auctions, Ferrari exhibit, a great event!

Get your tickets at the current price before June 1st (Price of the ticket will increase significantly after that)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  15. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've been to Montreal once(96?) Damon Hill won. We had great tickets at end of front but I wouldn't hesitate to go general. We sat in many places on the grass around the curcuit.

I'm envious hearing about you going! What a fun town.

16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I'll try and be one of the Fchatters receiving a huge discount. ;). My Saab will be available for exhibit.

17. Desperado

Desperado Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2007
    Pittsburgh/Djibouti
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #17 Desperado, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

It's changed a lot since then. They now block the view almost everywhere so general admin is really bad and very limited.

The Delta near place des arts has availability. $459 a night, 4 night min last i checked

18. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Pre-sale date has been changed for the Montreal Ferrari gala. As of May 28th at midnight, the ticket price goes up to 180$.

Get your tickets now!

http://amicicanada.com/events/