Hamilton to Ferrari | FerrariChat

Hamilton to Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by Sig. Roma, May 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ferrari need hp.

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Ferrari doesn't need new drivers. What they need is a better car.

3. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Don't let the guy in your avatar hear that:).

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    There are other rumours about that Ferrari has a agreement with Mercedes to not bid for Hamilton.

I think that Hamilton is just trying to get more money from Mercedes.

5. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    The problem is, if the Merc keeps its current dominance, they don't need Hamilton. Rosberg can win the WDC as he has proven by coming 2nd last year and whoever else they put in the car will do just fine.

Imagine they swap Alonso and Hamilton and next years McLaren is the winning car. That would be right up Alonso's alley.

6. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    haha :)

7. Petrol

Petrol Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    That's actually a very good point, but you'd think they'd still prefer to keep him, and you'd also think Hamilton would be fairly motivated to stay with the team that everyone expects to keep winning.

I give him at least a 90% chance of staying with Mercedes, and I don't think he'd even consider jumping ship unless he has better information than we do about upgrades coming to the Ferrari car.

8. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    I think he will stay with Mercedes though I would welcome for him to join Ferrari :D that would be amazing. 3 WDCs then move to Ferrari and cement his legacy as a better driver than Vettel

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think Ferrari wants to shell out over 100m a year in drivers salaries. They know the chance of a huge rift between vettel and Hamilton is highly likely, and that leads to NO good.

I think Kimi will sign on for 2016, after that he retires and Ferrari will get Bottas (or with some luck Verstappen, if he keeps doing well!).

Mercedes loves Hamilton, Hamilton would be crazy to leave now. He has a lot of freedom (i.e. allowed to own ''rival products'', something with a music fantasy). The only way I can see him leave is if he wants a crazy salary that Mercedes will say no to. And then I can see Hamilton without a team (or agree on 1 year contract).

10. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Don't you think it would mean a lot to hamilton to add to his list of achievements the most prestigous WDC at Ferrari? I could see him being tempted. He will not need to be chasing money much longer and buy a country every other day on earned interest anyhow.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Mayweather mentality. Mayweather had to have 180 vs Pacmans' 120 regardless of what happened.

12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    +1

The cars are so easy to drive now. Stick young Verstappen and Ricciardo in the Mercs and see them whoosh away into the distance. Merc will save $40 million in salaries too :)

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeh better still..even you could do it/ for nowt...:rolleyes:

14. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    tempting..but unless they've got a stick and three pedals I would get easily bored ;)

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hamilton's negotiating skill may just backfire. Merc can still be number one with Rosberg and another quality driver. Then again, F1 makes no sense to me. Why on earth would McLaren shell out the big bucks for Alonso? He had no where to go except out of F1. He's not a developer of cars, he's not known for cohesive teaming... he's just known for being the best driver ever and forever for some reason... mostly because that's just what everyone says and repeats.

Hamilton is a great driver, no doubt, but I think Ferrari would be making a huge mistake by paying him any huge amount of money. Put that cash into development. I think Merc at some point needs to tell Louis that he either needs to sh*t or get off the pot. Put a Magnussen or some other young guy in that car and I still think they'd win both championships.

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But Hamilton is in a very good position right now...The two Ferrari are exactly between him and Rosberg so he can argue that it is him making the Mercedes the best and not everybody else could...As long as Rosberg does not get his things sorted Hamilton does not look that replacable anymore so I see rather Rosberg leaving looking for new luck in a new team than Hamilton...

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Although Rosberg has a contract for 2 more years, so he's stuck looking at the back of Ham's merc, most likely ;).

18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1....however, the only way Hamilton will be driving for Ferrari is if he and Vettel swap teams. Vettel wants a strong number 2 to compliment him, not another alpha dog to fight with.

19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Why not just start a thread titled "Alonso to Ferrari"? It would make about as much sense.

20. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Honestly I have been thinking about that happening. Alonso better get his management to come up with some sort of plan (if he has the brain to ask them to)

I really don't think Hamilton will stay at Merc next year for reasons already mentioned in this thread (the amount of cash he wants).

21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    It could have happened if Dennis didn't build such a dog.

22. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    please no Hamilton.. please noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Please explain.

Alonso can try to find any way out of his contract. I would be totally shocked if he does not have some sort of lack of performance clause. :)