FA and his latest Ferrari thoughs | FerrariChat

FA and his latest Ferrari thoughs

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think he might be right.

Ferrari are where they were before, relative to Mercedes, and the others have dropped back.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I tend to agree yet it seems at times they are very very fast and actually making progress. Spain is a tough place to pass and this year we are hearing from most drivers, that as they close position the air makes passing very difficult.

I also think the Ferrari is somewhat more tire sensitive than others....

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Alonso and the grapes.

In Australia and Barcelona they were far behind, yes, but in the rest of the races they had a pace that was light years ahead of what they could do in 2014. And all that with drivers that IMO are worse than Alonso.

Still, they´re not much better than in 2013 so a lot of hard work ahead.

4. NJB13

NJB13 Formula 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Pampanga,Philippines
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I suspect his comments about Ferrari are more to convince himself he made the right move.
    Anyone that thinks things are the same as last year is likewise trying to deny the obvious. Nothing to see with your in that location Fernando.
    The fact that Lewis was desperate to pass Seb and couldn't is a good indication that the gap has closed. Ferrari is one successful upgrade away from having the ability to win every race.

Sent from my Starmobile OCTA using Tapatalk

5. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Obviously Ferrari are better than last year. But they're still 2nd best. 45 seconds back from Mercedes last race. That's not showing much competition at all. Merc will run away with the championship again this year. For Fernando it doesn't make a difference coming in 12th or 2nd. Its still not a WDC

6. DF1

His point precisely. He gave Ferrari enough time and effort to say the least. Sometime you just move on....

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Last year in Spain he was 1.27 behind the leader.

This year 45s for the first Ferrari.

Seems to me an improvement has been made. Pre-season no one expected Ferrari to be this competitive. In fact...we all thought Williams + Red Bull would still be ahead. Red Bull has sank, bad engine and the car itself is not that great, Williams have continued last years development but Ferrari jumped them.

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think he just needs to day Buygones... He said that nothing changed at Ferrari over 5 seasons - they he did not work hard enough either. its not just Ferrari's fault.

This is the reason i never warmed up to Alonso, he's a complainer

9. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    If it were not for Fernando, Ferrari would never have been runner ups. He put the car in positions it really shouldn't have been.

10. DF1

I think we all get a bit complainy after a few years...ask my ex lol! :)

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Give it time, if Mclaren doesn't get better soon you will start hearing the same crap from him.....i actualy see things the other way around, he was given the oportunity to improve the team and he failed miserably....

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
  13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alonso was tired of racing for 2nd place. He never had a top car at Ferrari and this year is no different, so they may have gotten closer for now, who cares? They just unveiled a huge new aero package at Barcelona and it seemed to have no effect...Kimi didn't even race with it. Wind tunnel correlation issues again, perhaps? That is something Alonso knows far too well.

Rather than rip the guy, the haters on here should just appreciate what he did for Ferrari despite the cars they gave him for 5 years. I'm sure Alonso is tired of answering this same question. He made a ballsy decision to move teams. It hasn't worked out yet but he wouldn't be winning the WDC at Ferrari this year, either. In the end, the result is the same.

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    spot on.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If he hadn't brought Fry nad company, if he hadn't use his influence to sack Costa and replace him with his friend, if he was any good at developing a car and working with the guys at the factory, may he would have gotten a better car, and if he had the balls to overtake Petrov, and didn't make so many driving mistakes perhaps he would have won 1 or 2 titles with Ferrari....

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Nothing but speculative BS here, as usual. It's mind blowing to me how you can constantly dog the best driver of this generation yet have a man crush on Jean Alesi who was a nobody unfit to zip up Alonso's racing suit.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, he was unfit to do that because he is too good to touch that crap....Alesi showed more in one race that Alonso in his entire life, and if you can't see it, i fell sorry for you because it means you skiped one of the all time greats in action.....to bad for you...

18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alonso's Hungary 2014 is better than any race Alesi ever drove in his life and that isn't even one of FA's best drives.

Jean Alesi in the same sentence with "all-time greats" is just hysterical, sorry. I like Alesi, but let's step back into reality here for a moment. Thanks.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Your opinion, i have mine, Alesi's 95 japanese g.p Blows anything Alonso ever did by a big margin, or the 92 spanish g.p, or Phoenix 1990, or the 95 argentinian gp, or canada that same year, and i could go on....to me this is reality not statistics.....

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #21 TifosiUSA, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    In Japan '95 he jumped the start and got a penalty, made a lucky switch to dry tires and was fast on a drying track, spun and likely damaged his driveshaft and then retired with a driveshaft failure. Canada 95 was also amazing. His only win which occurred after he inherited the lead after Schumacher's car had electrical problems.

Obviously there is no point in debating this any further, if you want to include Alesi as one of the greats more power to you I guess

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If the only thing you remenber from that race is Shumache problem, and not Alesi dispatching a williams that was a lot quicker, than i can see why you think Alonso is better...But i guess everyone is free to look at what he wants during a race...e personaly prefer to watch the whole race, not just the end result....

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alesi was in a V12 Ferrari on a power track. Not exactly a feat of the Gods. He was only 4 tenths slower than the Williams in qualifying. His teammate, who outqualified him, was only 1 tenth slower than the Williams pair

To try and compare this race with, say, Malaysia 2012 when Alonso took a Ferrari that was the 5th fastest car at best and won the race in the rain is just laughable

23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm not hating... I Think he makes it out like it was that Ferrari was the only reason he was not winning... not so There are races that he threw away with mistakes in quali, or in the race as well. the point is he's been a complainer - and when he leaves a team its under drama... Schumacher left Ferrari - all tears and goodbuys... same with Massa... you dont hear him saying that Ferrari screwed him out of his championship?

Does Ferrari have culpability - Yep. ofcourse. but so does Alonso... you can't do it on your own ... unless you are Fernando it appears.

24. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was at that race when Schumacher came in to the pits and they were changing his steering wheel... I could not beleive that Alesi was going into the lead.. i then started to count down things that could go wrong... He had a lot of Bad luck...

In my opinion is Alesi in the same category as Alonso? - no. Alonso I would rate a better driver. I would say however the Alesi and Gilles Villeneuve were the same folks... perhaps Alesi was a bit more emotional and that is why he could never calm down and think... he was good, sadly not great. ... But a hell of a nice guy... where as M. Alonso - will walk past you - look you in the eye and not even acknowedge you are there...