Interlagos | FerrariChat

Interlagos

Discussion in 'F1' started by Townshend, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'm going to the Brazil GP this year. What is a good location to sit and are there any surrounding events that I must go to? Open to other suggestions for Sao/Rio as well.

Thanks!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I've been there like 15 years ago before they upgraded the track. Back then it was a miserable experience. Today your best seats are at the very first turn.

While the track got better, life in Sao Paulo remained the same. Expect traffic jams and crime. Make sure you have a dedicated driver from the hotel to take you there and to pick you up after the race. Get his cell phone # and don't leave the track until you see the white in his eyes.

Nothing to do surrounding the track as it is built into the slums.

Sao Paulo itself however has a lot to offer: Great hotels, great restaurants, cool art museums and Murumbi cemetery with Senna's grave on top of the hill. Take a cab there for a true F1 trip down memory lane.

As for the race/track: I will never go back there. Ever. Was by far the worst F1 experience I ever had.

3. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    I went there last year there is a metro/subway line from downtown to the track area, a few blocks from the station at interlagos to the track easy way in/out

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The sector "A" was known to be the best because it's the highest and thus allowed you to see many points of the track: the beginning of the main straight, the pit entrance, the end of the opposite straight, the "lago" curve and the "bico de pato" curve. However, due to the paddock renovations, I am not sure whether it will still be possible.

Sector "D" and "E" offer the view to the "S do Senna" curve where most of the overtakes will happen and many crashes had happened too.

Some side events will happen but very far from to the track. I am not familiar with them though.

Sao Paulo is not a touristic city but has very good restaurants, hotels, museums and a great nightlife (for all ages).

Hahaha, please don't exaggerate. Looks like the OP won't go there after your post. ;)

5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    PM me with what you are looking for Re: suggestions in São Paulo.

Interlagos is one of the best tracks to watch a race because it is a natural amphitheatre. There are many points where you can sit and see more than one corner/straight. S do senna is a nice place to sit. As flavio said, Sector A in general is pretty good, but the renovations may change that. I didn't like the designs and think it's a shame what they are doing there for Bernie's sake, but this isn't the place to discuss that.