Someone finally says it -RB stop whining! | FerrariChat

Someone finally says it -RB stop whining!

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Jun 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1 TheMayor, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    I TOTALLY agree here and it's about time someone spoke up. In this case, its Ferrari.

Red Bull has been acting like a bunch of spoiled children who suddenly aren't winning and want to go home. THAT is not sportsmanship. And, it's bad for the sport.

It's like the Chicago Cubs threatening to leave MLB because they haven't won the World Series in 100 years.

Ok... just leave, improve yourselves, or shut up already!

These kind of threats RB have been making sound like blackmail. "Either you let us win or we will go home and take 4 cars with us."

If you want to say it privately, be my guest. But in the public eye it makes you seem like low life WHINERS.

My god... look at McLaren. They are in one of their longest non-winning streaks ever and probably won't get out of it for at least a year. No whining there!

Ferrari hit out at Bull threats

Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene feels it is wrong for Red Bull to continuously threaten to leave F1 just because they are not winning.

Following a four-year run in which they won both the Drivers' and Constructors' Championship, Red Bull are now going through a bad patch.

The team won three races last season but failed to launch a title challenge while this year even a single race wins seems to be a leap too far.

This has resulted in Red Bull threatening on several occasions to leave the sport, the most recent coming from team owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who said he is losing his "will and motivation" to stay in F1.

However, Ferrari's team boss reckons that is the wrong attitude to have as F1, like any sport, goes through cycles; some years you win, others you lose.

He told the BBC: "It is easy to be happy when you win four championships and easy to complain when you are not winning.

"You have to accept when something goes wrong and when it goes right.

"F1 is like this. You could have a couple of years when you are winning and a couple when you are losing and this is the beauty because if everything is predictable it is not a race, it is something different."

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well said. By Bob and Maurizio.....

3. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    The same people who whine about the current format on this board, also think Red Bull should shut up and stop whining about the current format....

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well said by both of you!

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's right.

Curiously, RB are quite close for a double deal with Ferrari engines for both teams...:eek:.

I completely understand their frustration in Renaults attempt to make an engine, and also because of rules that it's almost impossible to get the engines to be a) more reliable and b) have decent enough power. It's a fine line between making a valid point and looking like a sore loser that is throwing his expensive toys out of the pram...And he's looking like the latter!

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice post and info. So true it applies to all things in life.

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    There was above the entrance to the Centre Court at Winbledon a quote from Rudyard Kipling:

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same..."

Rgds

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Omnicorse reporting Renault started working with Red Bull for the 2016 engine and will have a good evolution already at Spa

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Improving the racing and spectacle and letting RB win so they can stick around are two different things in case you haven't figured it out.

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Sky interviewed Horner and he didn't sound remotely interested in Ferrari engines. Can't say I blame him. You're not going to win a title with a customer engine. That said, screw them. Never cared for RBR.

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Problem is if Dieter takes his ball and goes home the sport is knee-capped. Do we need more Marussias ?

Stupid cost vs benefit ratio caused that while Bernie fiddled.

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hardly think it would be the case. F1 existed before RB and will survive if it goes.

F1 can perfectly live without these mulri-million budgets, and the future would be better with more small independent teams rather than car manufacturers or mega budgets like Red Bull.

It's because they cannot compete on equal terms with teams like Red Bull, that Marussia and others look hopeless, not because they are bad.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No?

But what Lotus, McLaren, Williams, Red Bull and others have been doing for so many years winning titles then?

None of them make their own engines, and they were customers of Cosworth, Renault, Honda or Mercedes ...

15. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Ooops !!!

G

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    When was the last time Lotus, McLaren, or Williams won a WDC or WCC? Go ahead look it up I'll wait. RB was the only exception in 2010 and they were effectively the factory team after Renault F1 folded after that year. I'm talking about now not 10 years ago.

And do you seriously think Ferrari would sell their latest and greatest to a rival?

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Keep reading....

18. Abbey

Abbey Karting

Dec 1, 2014
    I would like to get on my high horse and tell the whining Red Bull team to go home, but I just know somebody will remember when Luca gave us a heart attack threatening to quit when Max had his stupid idea for common engines. Now a couple of years ago Mercedes threatened to quit if they were given penalties for that illegal test they held. So I think this is something that the teams do to throw their weight around. I agree that we need these teams with money so I would not want to see them leave.

I will say they should stop all the noise. Even the driver Dan is complaining. The team has to leave that to the owner. I do like their drivers. They gave us our wonderful new driver and also that little spitfire Verstappen is fun to watch.

19. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Red Bull wary of Ferrari offer of an engine supply | F1 News

20. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Christian Whiner.....

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Someone said that no team is going to win a title with a customer engine, and I proved otherwise.
    Now you start splitting hair ...

What engine McLaren had when Hakkinen and Hamilton won their WDCs? Was if not a Mercedes customer engine?

Ferrari sells or leases engines to Sauber, Manor at present, and Haas next year.

It's not impossible that new rules force manufacturers to supply several teams in the future, like they do in Indy car.

22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    +1

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    They were the works Mercedes team then when there was no factory team. You didn't prove anything. Please join us in the present, you're back about 20 years.

BTW Ron Dennis said that, I just repeated it.

24. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    This time I think Mr Spice Girl makes a little sense;

Personally, I'd love to see Ross write the rules...... However, we shouldn't forget he's an engineer too.....

Cheers,
    Ian
    Red Bull's Christian Horner labels F1 Strategy Group "inept" - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

25. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    No, they weren't. And when Hamilton won his WDC in 2008, that was NOT 20 years ago.
    Red Bull Renault was even more recent, 2010-2013.

Lets not forget Brawn GP and Button's WDC in 2009, which was a Mercedes engine shoehorned into a Honda car.