Vergne driving for Haas in 2016 ? | FerrariChat

Vergne driving for Haas in 2016 ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Jul 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    F1 - Vergne pourrait rejoindre Haas

F1 - JEAN-ERIC VERGNE POURRAIT ROULER CHEZ HAAS

Sorry, it's in French.

The article is about the build-up of the Hass team in the USA, in UK, the recruitment of staff and the possibility of Vergne (and Guttierez too) joining the team next year.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Interesting. I like JEV, don't think he got a fair shake with the Baby Cans. But at least he's got some experience, which for these guys has to be a good thing.

Guttierez is another I'm not sure on, but he does already have ties to Ferrari, so maybe they want him in the Haas?

Wouldn't be a bad starting lineup IMO.

Cheers,
    Ian

3. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    They need drivers that can help develop a car, and Guit with his ties to Ferrari appears to be a semi obvious choice, but Vergne? Grab Button if he is available he can really help with the development side and is loved by the other drivers and crowds. Would be a better move IMHO. Kimi as a longshot?

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I (obviously!) have no idea, but I can't see Kimi at Haas. He's said (for what that's worth! ;)) that he's done once he's out at Ferrari.

I agree it would be a *huge* win if they can somehow put JB in the thing. But I'm not sure he wants to go there (an underdog) again - Maybe he would - He didn't do too badly with Ross after all...... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

5. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Vergne and JB would be my choices. But as a new team they cannot afford to pay for JBs services and they will need guitteriez's sponsorship money. Throw in the idea of wanting an American driver then who really knows...I'm sure bernie wants an American driver for an American team to try bring up American viewership.

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    But Haas will be baby-Ferrari : ) Maybe Kimi will make an exception...assuming he does get axed.

7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I think Kimi will retire right after he gets replaced by Botas.

8. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ...from F1 - probably. But I doubt he will stop racing. I'd love to see him do Rallycross as an example. I bet he would have fun with that.

9. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    If they need driver's to pay for the seat this team won't long for t he world . This whole team is just a sideshow and nothing but a ferrari RD program.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

For me the question is what is the long term appetite for minimal results. How long will they invest and compete and not show some form of success. Its not like F1 cares at all how long they will be around. They simply dont.

11. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    Nothing to do with JEV, but wanted to ask the question: why did Haas already ruled
    out Alexander Rossi? He has a good experience with european tracks. That should
    attract (more) american sponsors. Paired with either JEV or Gutierrez would seem
    beneficial.

12. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Keep in mind Kimi did work for "free" for Lotus for almost two years, that is if you believe the rumors. I would agree that it's a pipe dream, but would be a marketing coup for Haas.

13. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Ferrari is going to have a lot of say who goes in that car impo . It could be a good seat for some one