Monza 2015 - Anyone going? | FerrariChat

Monza 2015 - Anyone going?

Discussion in 'F1' started by snowman7006, Jul 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snowman7006

snowman7006 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I am headed to Monza this year and wondered if anyone else was making the trip? Also, any suggestions for interesting things to do at or near the track?

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Will also be in Northern Italy at that time. Debating if we should go to the race or watch it in Maranello at that theater? Opinions.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I've never been to the theater. I suspect it's a lot of fun if Ferrari are at least "in the mix".

However, if you've never been to Monza, you really should go; Few places compare. Great atmosphere & great track. Go walkabout on Friday and Sat AM. It may have changed these days (?), but it was one of the few with some pretty decent GA areas too; At least for the early sessions. As always, a grandstand seat is the way to do the race.

Good luck, and remember the rule! [Which applies both at the track & in Maranello of course! ;) ]

Cheers,
    Ian

4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Depending how much of the practice sessions you will follow, the other race events, etc., you might not have enough time to do other things.

By train you can go to Milan and enjoy the restaurants and shops, Eataly, visit the upper levels of the Duomo and have a walk in the Galleria. If you will be with a car, perhaps you can reach Como or Lecco and if time permits can visit the newly-renovated Alfa Romeo museum in Arese.

5. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I have a factory tour on the 4th and was planning on going to Monza as well. Any recommendations as to what tickets to get, transportation, etc? I don't have an unlimited budget but this is a bucket list item so I want to do it the best I can.

I was planning on staying in Milan and taking the train to the race and back. Is this OK? I'll have my wife with me (who isn't a race fan) so I want to make it as painless as possible.

6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    If I understood correctly, you will tour the factory in Maranello, right? So you need to catch the train from Bologna Centrale to Milano Centrale. Take the high speed train, should take only an hour or so. From Milano Centrale (or Porta Garibaldi) you should take a train to Monza, should be around 15 minutes. From the Monza station, you can take either a bus or a taxi to arrive at the racetrack.

If your wife is not a race fan, leave her in Milan with a credit card and she will be very happy. :-D

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A couple of miles from the track is the old hotel where all the greats stayed, filled with F1 memorabilia.
    If you have time take the train to Turin and visit the auto museum and the old Fiat factory with the test track on the roof

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    After the fantastic Hungarian GP (I was keeping a friend whose abroad up to date on how the red cars where doing) he informed me we should try and go to Monza.

We should take his F car I reckon. Go to Italy in style...;)

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There is a special Ferraris only parking lot inside the track. Behind the main stand

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fantastic...I'll let him know in an effort to convince him we should drive instead of fly.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fly? No helis there

While it is cute to go to Monza in a Ferrari I wouldnt do it. Monza traffic is chaotic. You are much better off as a pedestrian by train and bus

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I meant from Holland to italy. :)

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah yes, that sounds like fun. German autobahn, Swiss Alps and Italys lakes. Then park it safely in the Milan hotel. And take it out for the occasional stroll through town. You wont be the only one

14. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I wish!!!! Its on my "bucket list" and the factory tour!!!

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    WHICH factory?

16. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Maranello

17. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    This would be s good year to go. Ferrari have a good shot at winning there this year. What a win that would be

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My question was tongue in cheek as there are so many exotic car factories in that area

19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If you drive a Ferrari to monza, take a spare f1 clutch! Traffic is chaotic, we used to do it every year, and three lanes through the town become five or even six at times, Italians have no fear and no sense of traffic regs when the f1 comes to town. We used to go from the factory up to monza, and the guys would go the wrong way on one way streets, through alleys, over pavements, everything, just to get ahead. It was fun, and moving bollards and cones from no entry areas and driving through while the cops beep their horn behind to hurry you up (rather than arrest you) was hilarious

20. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Thanks for the help! I'm scheduled for the factory tour on the fourth so I figured I would head to Milan on the fifth and stay there. Then on the sixth take the train from Milan to Monza and back. Hopefully it's not too crazy!

The wife is coming with me. Left alone in Milan she would put me in the poor house! ;) Not to mention there is no fun in going alone.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

22. snowman7006

snowman7006 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    If you are already local then visit the track. How many times will the planets align in such a manner. Maybe those of us who are there can all get together for a FChat Monza picture while enjoying some nice Chianti, Grappa and local cuisine?

I am in Milan for many days so send a PM if interested in meeting or riding as a group to track.