Hungary 2015 GP predictions | FerrariChat

Hungary 2015 GP predictions

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

It will be quite warm and tire wear will matter!! Stresses on the systems will be factor possibly. 36C Friday and 37C Saturday. Sunday is at 29C a touch less hot. Small lap and the track is busy during qualifying and it will be hot. A few surprises?? We normally do not see many at this venue.

Talking points from SKY - Hungarian GP talking points | F1 News

Qualy
    LH
    Nico
    Vettel

Race
    Nico - (I want it to be closer but feel LH is the title man this year)
    Vettel
    LH

2. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Do you mean that it's almost time for a race? Some times I think the F1 calendar was drawn up for Rip van Winkle. Why is there a six week period, in mid-summer, with only one Grand Prix? It certainly gives one time for other pursuits. Mercifully, it looks like that will change in 2016.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unfortunately it will be a little cooler temp wise on Sunday so won't help us much, and we all know how ridiculously fast the Merc is in quali. Lock out 2nd row and podium with one car is a realistic expectation I guess.

4. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I agree with your suffering. German GP was supposed to have happened last weekend. We are not the only country that can't get their stuff organized after all, it seems...

5. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Merc 1-2 in quali and race. Ros on pole, Ham in lead by lap 2. Vettel P3 quali, P3 race. Rai P7 quali, P5 race. Massa P4 quali, P4 race. ????

6. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Hulk-1 He channels his inner LeMans win and rips through the field on a lucky strategy call.
    Bottas-2-Says nothing in interviews about his podium just smiles with no personality behind it
    Alonso-3-Speaks very fast and rolls his "r" at every opporrrrrrrrrrrrtunity
    Massa-4-Says he's faster than bottas and he should've been 2nd
    Vettel-5-Talks about how he's happy to be collecting an enormous salary. Buys his new baby a toddler bed
    Kimi-6-Drinks and farts
    Button-7-Talks about how lovely the queen and England are and how he loves Japan even though they're not there
    Lotus's-8-9-Pastor and Grosjean talk about how happy they are that neither one crashed
    Perez-10-Talks about how exciting the Mexican grand prix will be at every interview

Rosberg and Lewis get into each other in the 2nd lap. Both of them cry inside their helmets but hold hands and skip back to the paddock and talk about how the team is great.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm amazed that Hamilton and Rosberg haven't taken each other out on the opening lap this season. They are highly disciplined drivers. I would like to see it happen however.

8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    #8 Simon^2, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Quali: Mercedes P1 and P2
    Race: Mercedes P1 and P2

Is there any reasonable doubt?

It's so predictable,... it shouldn't even be considered a spoiler to post "Mercedes Wins" in a thread title.

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    this

10. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Qualifying; Mercedes

Race: Sunday morning is a wonderful day here in Virginia Beach...I'm at an autocross event with my FIAT Abarth and enjoying a nice course walk at 8am while feeling the sea breeze and listening to sea gulls while looking out at the Chesapeake Bay here on a Naval Base, and then the day is spoiled by yet another Mercedes 1-2 on my F1 app.

11. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Merc 1-2 Lewis and then nico.

Expecting TR and RB to do a little better. Maybe a top 5 finish. Williams probably won't even be in the points

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    This has to be another Mercedes 1-2, I believe.

A Ferrari-Williams battle behind.

If neither Red Bull nor Toro Rosso performs well, I can see a Mateschitz/Renault divorce on the horizon.

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Merc 1-2. What else.

Hoping for a good nico/lewis battle before the long break.

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    i predict

yawnfest.

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Can barely be bothered to comment, standard merc win, who cares, Ferrari and Williams fight for third through sixth

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

:(

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    A snooezefest with either one of the Merc getting pole, fastest lap, and a win.

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    We should ignore Merc as they are in a different race to the rest. I predict Ferrari 3rd (Vettel obviously), followed by RB. Williams will under perform as they can't corner and their power advantage will be neutralised at this snore fest of a track. Speaking of which, why is this event even on the calendar. It's dreadful and needs to be dropped.

19. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yes. You have another witness from the congregation.

20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton has been destroying the field this year... Genius of a driver.

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    His car is bar far the most dominant car in formula one history.
    A lot more dominant than vettel ´s in 2011.

22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Sure it is... ;-) a car he masterfully developed. I could only hope he brings his talents to Ferrari and build what he's built at Mercedes...

23. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Race:
    1) Lewis
    2) Vettel
    3) Rosberg

24. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    He's indeed quite special around this track. He had a pretty healthy gap to Nico on his last lap. Amazing lap btw. The way he takes 2nd to last corner in his pole lap is very, very impressive.

25. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    Lewis has had an average performance gap of 0.256 on Nico in 2015 in races, FP and Q sessions. Did you see the gap he had on Nico on his pole lap? 0.575! If the car wasn't as dominant Lewis would still be on pole and Nico would be 5th or 6th in a competative field. Dont forget Nico aint no slouch either.