Driver moves 2016 | FerrariChat

Driver moves 2016

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was confirmed on Wednesday I think ;)

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sorry I was not aware.

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No issues, it was in a different thread. Might be worth keeping this thread for all the driver moves. If any.

4. DF1

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hulkenberg would be an asset to Hass; he has experience of racing for several teams and is much thought after. Hulk is fast and gives good feeback, we are told.

Vergne only raced for Toro Rosso, and is a regular mid-field racer.

Gutierez is a complete unknown quantity. He didn't achieve much at sauber which had a miserable year when he was there. I can't see why Ferrari took him under its wing.

6. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Still can't believe hulk isn't in the ferrari next year

7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm hoping Ferrari can take another step huge forward and make the car so good that even a clown hack lawyer can win in it.....

8. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Only way clown hack lawyer can win is if the everyone in race are family friend's of his dad

9. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    He can cross Hulk off his list. Realistically, Haas should be looking at teams who have good back up drivers and sign them for 1 year deals, then once they move into the mid pack they can start hunting for a driver who can drive defensively around Maldonado.

10. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    You think so? I've called him a journeyman often, but I can't help thinking his "vast" experience would be a huge asset. Unless he wants to many $, then **** 'im! ;)

Guys (& girls of course ;)) that have done a few Fridays you mean? Maybe, but I think I'd be looking for at least one experienced jockey. Put a young hot shot in the other maybe?

:D

Harsh, but pretty much true! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I call a spade a spade Ian haha.

Haas won't get in too deep too quick with this so I do not believe he will want to shell out Hulk level Euros just yet when he knows how much Manor are paying decent drivers (1/10th, if that). I suspect he'll run his first season just learning how things go, scalp a few more key technical members, then start to really build the team.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Mclaren:

Alonso and Button

Ferrari:

Vettel and Kimi

Mercedes:

Ham and Ros

Williams:

Bottas and Massa

Lotus:

Grosjean and Palmer

Force India:

Hulk and Perez

Red Bull:

Kvyat and Ric

Torro Rosso:

Verstappen and Sainz

Sauber:

the Swede and Nasr

Manor:

Merhi and Stevensen

Haas:

an American (Rossi?) and hopefully Stoffel Vandoorne. Shame if the GP2 champ won't be able to get a seat. Also will move to Mclaren in 2017.

13. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    where's the Preacher in your list? His cash is well needed by many and he ain't the slowest.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Gone. I thought his money well dried up? If it hasn't, he might head to Manor. I think Jolyon P will also bring a significant amount of cash to the table + plenty of talent.

I don't wish for the Maldonator to leave though. He does bring a lot of exiting moments in the race, especially when you see a camera pointed at him and someone in a faster car trying to get by...:D

15. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    One should wonder just how long a country with out toilet paper and aspirins can afford to subsidize the F1 career of an idiot. Even a patriotic idiot.

Other than the addition of Haas there is little need to shake the driver list up very much. Haas will need at least one driver with experience, my guess is that it will be JEV.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Jev would be good gor Haas, he proved many times besides Ricci how good he is...he deserves an f.1 seat.

17. DF1

He is a solid choice. Ferrari have him on staff for a reason. He is a capable driver.

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Foreign income of Venezuela being 95% oil, and oil prices being what they are...annual inflation in Venezuela is "about 70%" these days, GDP should contract by about 7% this year, etc...if the oil prices don't drop further. No other economy has been hit so hard by the drop in oil prices.
    The country's economic situation is "somewhat different" than it was when Pastor joined F1.

Rgds

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    well and truly dried up, then ;).

20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Bas,

I can't affirm with certainty that Pastor's support has indeed dried up, but the logic would be that it has, yes.

Rgds

21. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I would also add that Venezuela loses money on every barrel of crude it exports. In spite of the fact that Venezuela has the worlds largest proven reserves of crude (yes, more than Saudi, Russia, Canada or the US) the country has shortages of everything, except a communist ruling class with big Swiss bank accounts. One big problem is that Venezuelan crude is so heavy and sulphurous that it is difficult to handle and can be refined in a few places, almost exclusively in Texas and Louisiana. Venezuela used to own such a refinery (Citgo) in Port Charles, Louisiana but sold it. So they export crude at a loss and import distillates (gas and diesel) and sell them at a loss as well. Now that they have perfected the workers paradise, they plan to manufacture and export perpetual motion machines. Hopefully they can trade them for toilet paper and aspirins.

It just so happens that the Washington Post had a story today proclaiming that Venezuela is bankrupt. Venezuela is basically bankrupt again - The Washington Post

22. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Italiaracing.net : Stoffel Vandoorne to be Nando's teammate for 2016. This is contrary to reports of JB resigning.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Source at factory told me that button will stay on in 2016

24. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    As do all the newspapers, magazines, and Internet websites. So, probably true.