F1 Hall Of Fame | FerrariChat

F1 Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Aug 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Why isn't there one, or is there, and I have been living in a cave all of these years?

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I too could be wrong, but I don't believe there is one.....

Seems to me the whole 'hall of fame' thing is very American. Again, I could be wrong, but don't believe there's any 'soccer', or rugby, or cricket etc HoF.

Cheers,
    Ian

3. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Because American is epic and we put individuals first. England has its fame which is being knighted. Venezuela has it Hall of Fame getting to pay for f1 set .

4. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Which is often a complete joke!

Bradley Wiggins wins the Tour de France and an Olympic gold, something that could be replicated by another talented cyclist in the future, and they make him Sir Bradley Wiggins.

Meanwhile, John Surtees who won a World Championship in the top flight of Motorbike racing, and a World Championship in Grand Prix racing, a feat that is hardly likely to happen ever again in the history of motor racing, gets overlooked every year!

Makes My blood boil! :mad:

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You don't seem to be aware about the Honour System in UK.

First, an individual has to be proposed by sponsors who present his case, his merits, etc...
    To support the case, the prposants have to gather a petition, a list of signatures.
    Then, the person in question is contacted to be asked if he/she solicited the proposal, and if he/she would accept the Honour.

In most case, people don't get included in the Honours List because of failure in 2 and 3. Many people in fact turn down an honour without explaining why; other make a political/philosophical stand about it.

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's not an American thing tho you probably did invent it :p I would guess most modern countries would have hall of fames for their athletes for most of the popular sports.

Soccer/Football/Rugby/Cricket/etc all qualify for Hall of Fame in Australia.

Sport Australia Hall of Fame - Member Profile Brabham has Legend status :D
    Sport Australia Hall of Fame - Member Profile Jones

Italian socc... calcio a bit late to the party :eek: The stars | VivoAzzurro

You would honour your F1 people at the national level so there is no need for an F1 Hall of Fame?

F1 site just lists the World Champions
    https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/drivers/hall-of-fame.html

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Well. Well.....

By pure coincidence, this just showed up my mailbox;

So, seems there is indeed a HoF, but I have no idea where it may be or even if one exists in the real world..... Maybe it's an 'online' thing?

Having said that, if they're letting Mansell in, it's not terribly exclusive! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I know why there is no F-1 hall of fame... there is no $$$$ in it for FOM & Bernie.