Wheel nut + KERS failure + "sudden" loss of oil presssure....... | FerrariChat

Wheel nut + KERS failure + "sudden" loss of oil presssure.......

Discussion in 'F1' started by yellowducatista11, Aug 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yellowducatista11

Aug 16, 2014
    Meadow Lake, SK, CDN
    Full Name:
    Lee Douglas
    #1 yellowducatista11, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Unreliable torque delivery. Oh, I could go on, and on, and on.............. Ferrari, I am ****ING sick of you letting Kimi down, and everyone questioning whether or not this guy can drive. Give him a car that doesn't break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke. This season has been a pathetic display. Put Vettel in Kimi's car, and vice versa at each of the races this year and see where the two would be in the points. Come on Maurizio, what the **** is going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should some of the mechanics on Kimi's side of the garage be fired? I don't know, but this is completely unacceptable.

There, I've got it out of my system.

2. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    It was unlucky but kimi has also been driving quite poorly all season. A shame that his car breaks on the track he is most dominant on.

3. yellowducatista11

Aug 16, 2014
    Meadow Lake, SK, CDN
    Full Name:
    Lee Douglas
    #3 yellowducatista11, Aug 22, 2015
    Um, I disagree. He has not been driving quite poorly. I've seen him in podium contention and qualifying fairly well when his car doesn't break. He was 7 seconds behind Vettel and 19 in front of Rosberg near the end of the last race when his KERS system failed. We could go back and review all of the races this season, and subtract the times his car failed, or a tire blew, and then see how many he was "driving poorly." Nope. Not correct.

Edit - I have named 5 problems just off the top of my head: Nut, KERS, Engine failure, Torque delivery, Tire....................... Really? And how much is going on behind the scenes that isn't a "catastrophic **** up" that we don't even know about, and he is driving through? I venture to say A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    I am not denying he has had a lot of bad luck. He would be a lot further up but still vettel is doing a much better job (especially in qualifying - though today that wasn't kimis fault). A seasons summary of all races thus far would actually be beneficial. Hard to remember it all unless Kimi is the driver you follow.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ignore the Toil.

IMO Kimi has been driving decent for most of the season, he's made a couple of mistakes, which came at the wrong time.

Apparently on this forum when the team makes a mistake or someone crashed into him again that's forgotten all too quickly though. Memory of a goldfish some here have ;).

Perhaps the F1 section should be known as the fishbowl!

6. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I find it kind of reassuring seeing Kimi's reliability issues TBH!

It let's Me know that the road cars are built to the exact same standard as the F1 cars and it's a bit of pot luck if your car will hold together or not! :p

7. yellowducatista11

Aug 16, 2014
    Meadow Lake, SK, CDN
    Full Name:
    Lee Douglas
    #7 yellowducatista11, Aug 22, 2015
    Spot on^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I watch every practice session, qualifying session, and race. We even flew across Canada in June to be at the race in Montreal (torque delivery/KERS **** up). In the races where something didn't break etc., Kimi would have either been on the podium, or finished in the top five. Period!!!! It's getting so bad that I am starting to have paranoid delusions about a traitor in Kimi's midst working for either Vettel, Toto Wolf, Lauda ............ maybe I'm not so delusional???

Edit - And one more thing, I'm really, really, sick of hearing people make reference to "bad luck"!!!! THERE IS NO BAD LUCK IN F1!!!! Luck is attributed to things we cannot control: like the weather. When things break or cars run into your tire, it's because someone ****ED UP. They either didn't install the part correctly, made it incorrectly, didn't apply the brakes when they should have, etc. etc. etc. Once again people, THERE IS NO BAD LUCK IN F1!!!!! It is probably the most controlled environment in automotive racing in the world. Arrrrggggggggggggg...... There, now it's out of my system...........NOT.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Kimi as not been as good as Seb in quali but normaly in race pace there is nothing between them...bad luck is making most of the diference...

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Kimi has been let down by his team in several occasions over the years.
    The same happened when he was at Mclaren.

Without these mishaps, Raikkonen could have had several titles to his name.
    He had the skill and the stamina for it, but often not the car. It should also be noted that Kimi isn't in the blame game, and rarely accuses his team for his misfortunes; to me, that says a lot about the man.

It's easy for some to bad-mouth him now, but he was a revelation when he did burst into F1, with just 23 races in all categories in total with incredible raw talent; he was the Verstapen of his time.

He will probably remain an enigma long after his departure from the sport.

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I bet it's all part of Vettel's contracts ;)

11. yellowducatista11

Aug 16, 2014
    Meadow Lake, SK, CDN
    Full Name:
    Lee Douglas
    Hahaha. Now your talkin'. Nice.

12. yellowducatista11

Aug 16, 2014
    Meadow Lake, SK, CDN
    Full Name:
    Lee Douglas
    Well said William. I concur.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I bet there is not much of that engine they will ever be able to reuse ... :D
    Pete