Looking forward to Monza - what do you expect will happen? | FerrariChat

Looking forward to Monza - what do you expect will happen?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Come on then, forget all this rubbish in the other thread, let's start discussing how well Ferrari will or won't go at monza, and all the good and bad stuff that may or may not happen

Forza Ferrari!

2. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I for one am looking forward to a high standard of pit girl, they are usually pretty sensible in Italy with the connection between racing cars and good looking ladies. Let's face it, Ferrari are on the back foot, so always good to know there's something else to ease the pain if things go awry

3. tesla

tesla Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2013
    Monza spec engine + Mercedes questionable starts will hopefully make it a memorable race.

4. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    My expectations is a Hamilton Rosberg 1-2.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Although Ferrari will have some engine upgrades, i don't think the track will favour us....Monza seems cut out for the Mercs...but you never know, maybe a good start can change things, that first chicane is a very tricky one.....

6. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Another 1-stopper for VET and 2-stopper for Kimi. Hopefully the tires stay together and Ferrari score another podium - or 2.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Could be a chance...Vettel is very good at keeping his tires...

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    merc 1 - 2 with Hamilton leading. Bottas 3rd.

Ferrari fighting hard for 4th to 6th place with the other Williams, Lotus and Force India on their heels.

Renaults had good speed so will fight for 7th through 10th with Lotus/Force India's in the end.

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lotus expect to be strong. Could be a wildcard. Williams should be strong. Ferrari will hope to be 3rd if lucky. I dont see a podium for Ferrari. Mercedes 1-2. Hopeful for some good news about Monza future.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm pretty sure will rack a podium, Elton did everything right last race so it's time for him to screw up

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think Ferrari will try a one-stop strategy this time, but you never know.

Apart from that, it should be a MB 1-2 as usual, followed by a gaggle of Mercedes-powered cars. Expect Williams and Lotus to do well also.

Monza is a circuit that rewards power and top speed, not driving skills.

So, I can see the Ferrari at a disadvantage there. 5th or 6th place could be realistic for Seb and Kimi.

But, I don't count on McLaren surprising us by placing one of his cars in the points though ...

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I suspect Pirelli will announce a max laps on the tyres, so don't expect any one stoppers. Unfortunately it will likely be a merc 1/2, but it would be nice if Nico got the drop on whinerton this time around. Don't see Williams getting top four, Ferrari will sneak third with the upgrades, maybe ricci 4th or 5th with Kimi due some luck

13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    A good showing at Monza would be a thrill, but.....

I had high hopes for Spa, too......

14. tesla

tesla Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2013
    I think you guys are underestimating Ferrari. We don't know anything about the new spec engine. They seem to have fantastic starts and it's been hard to pass this year with all the dirty air. Don't forget this is not Honda talking about a new engine upgrade....it's Ferrari. If the new engine delivers we'll have a good race.

15. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    If VET doesn't go for the 1-stopper, I wager Kimi will. Kimi likes a risky strategy call, and can often pull it off (provided the tires don't fail, gearbox doesn't lose oil pressure, someone doesn't crash into him, Kimi doesn't spin or Kimi doesn't crash).

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #16 daytona355, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Hahaha, a realist Chris! I hope Kimi has a good day at the office, and brings home a great result, the guy deserves it after all the trials and tribulations.

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It's a bit of a shame, the race used to be on my birthday weekend, and as such, I used to go a lot, mainly though Ferrari were doing okay, I don't enjoy anywhere much at the moment, particularly dealing with all the elton fans that make the place look untidy. This year, it's the weekend before my birthday, so toying with the idea, but although I love the place, the people, the coffee, I'm not sure I want to celebrate my birthday a week late watching Ferrari lose. Maybe saying it will tempt fate and make them win so I regret missing it!!

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Which Italian GP sticks most in your minds?

Mine was michaels last for Ferrari in 2006, on the basis I was there, and spent the whole weekend in the pits with a team expectant of his retirement. They were totally focused on the racing, Michael was his usual imperious self, but I walked around with the feeling that just one wrong word from any of them would have had them all in tears, it was strange, the writing was on the wall, and the intensity, you could almost taste it in the air. It was a very surreal place to be

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I also remember, as a side note, that that year, I spent either first or second practice with some guys sat on tree branches, and at one point a guy called pino, who had tied himself to the branch he was on as he was scared of heights, slipped and we spent half an hour trying to convince him to let us cut the rope and drop down a few feet to a big group of us waiting to break his fall, comical (but not to him, he was green with fright).

Thing was, we got him down, he smoked half a dozen Marlboro, and got back up and tied himself on, his fear of missing his red cars beating his fear of heights !

20. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I think Ferrari will be on the podium next weekend. Hopefully both cars.

21. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    1998. :) I was sitting on the main straight :)

Ferrari 1-2 (Schumie, Irvine) + Ralf :D

DC engine goes bang and Schumie passes Hakkinen on the same lap :D We collectively lost our minds :D You can hear us cheering over the cars which was an achievement during the V10 era. :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWudFAnSfUs[/ame]

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1 (barring any dnf's).

Battle for third will be interesting...Ferrari, Lotus, Red Bull, Toro Rosso could all figure in (I would include Williams, but they always seem to go backwards).

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +2

Dunno whats going on at Williams. Rob S seems like a smart enough chap, and he & Phil have done pretty good over the years.

And they've got Merc power. But, I agree totally; they seem to invent new ways of going backwards every time out.

Cheers,
    Ian

24. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Awesome!

Even awesomer!..... ;)

It's memories like those that make it all worthwhile IMO. :)

Cheers,
    Ian

25. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Heart says Ferrari 1 2, head says Merc 1 2, williams 3 4, Ferrari 5 6. Both say McLaren nowhere...