Austin F1 | FerrariChat

Austin F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by bundas, Sep 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Getting here quickly guys. Anything planned. There is always the, 'Broken Spoke'😄

2. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Go to Hut's and have a burger.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    not going this year, each of the past several years was just a little down from the prior (spectators, racing, everything!). FCA stands were about empty last year. Didn't even need ear plugs. I will miss downtown Austin and the support races though.

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Stopped going after my tickets arrived the Monday AFTER the race.

5. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Ouch!

I'm taking my 10 year old son. For qualifying we re sitting in the Main Grandstand. I bought the tickets through Groupon. Hopefully my tickets will arrive in time!

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    That sucks. I agree with Stacey. The motor changes really took a key attraction away. Turbo is the future but I do not like the change. Noise is good.

7. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Carl
    same with the sound. in the past F1 sounded like a giant swarm of angry mechanical bees as you heard the cars long before you could see them at the start of the race, especially Montreal which was always my favorite. Now...blah. Vintage support "race" with old F1 cars sounds exponentially better.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I miss going to Austin because it is a fantastic venue, terrific town and great people--F1 in the USA finally done right. I haven't attended because I will not support this BS formula, I suspect that I am not alone.

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    We can commiserate 😊. Look at all the plus stuff like seeing me😜

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    #10 spirot, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm waiting on if i can get paddock access again. if so I'll be there - likely for the day. last year was great. left 6 Am flight from atlanta to Austin... got there around 8AM... chopper to the track and i was still the first one to the Lotus suite... left the track at 6:45 - chopper to airport - 1 hour wait back in Atl by 11, home by 11:45. watched the race live in the comfort of my own home.

But not sure if I'll get the passes this year... :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    S-w-e-e-t! :)

:(

*Should* you happen to turn up a spare, please consider this a shameless beg for same....... ;)

I think I've got a Southwest credit for the plane, and I'm sure "we" can figure out somewhere for my weary head...... :)

Cheers,
    Ian

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's "on", as the event gets closer I can flange up the local club scene, who is where and all that.

Mitchell,
    Any of the VIP stuff you get with your package keep us updated, I can drive you around in the Cadillac.

I will miss rcallahan, this year, RIP.
    It was fun having a Challenge driver in the social mix!
    he was very nice advising us of some private events.

Redcar1, is he still active in the Challenge??

I bought a TON of Risi gear, to wear to Lemans race, so I should be golden sneaking in the the Suite!
    LOL!

They black balled me off the Volunteers, so I guess I can sleep late!

Definately plan on Broken Spoke Thursday night!!!!

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    at 12 Thursday. will rest up and be ready

14. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    My son and I are going this year despite the issues with the Formula. He is a good age for it and he enjoyed Spa in 2012, even though there was only one Ferrari left after the first corner.

I want to see COTA, I want to see Austin, I have traveled to see F1 events all over the World through the years (still a few race locations on the bucket list) and I generally try to support F1 in the USA, be it at Watkins Glen, Detroit or Indy. F1 at Sebring was before I was born and I didn't make it to street circuits Long Beach, Dallas or Phoenix. :)

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you will enjoy Austin and COTA.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    We'll give you a pass on missing Dallas.

17. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Hope too. Looks like a great track and I have heard lots of good about Austin....

...but not F1 at Sebring in 59?...;) I paid my amends for Dallas by going to Detroit!

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I just spoke with someone, that will make SURE we have the latest in COTA F1 hats!!

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Would you rather see Roger Ward in a midget or Nigel Mansell pushing his car in sweltering heat? I would love to have seen Roger mixing it up with the Europeans.

20. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Agreed.....

I did get to see Roger in his Midget at the 30th commemorative reunion of the Formula Libra race at Lime Rock along with Sterling Moss, Dick Thompson and a few others in 89....

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Were it that easy... my contacts are Coke... and they own Burn... so with Mexico haivng a race... I'm not sure they will host the Paddock club ... they have several suites around the track, but for me to travel there.... its Paddock Club or bust.... if i should have any extra... i;ll send you a quick note. Last year i got the pass on Wed... so it was expensive air back and forth, but worth it for no Uber expensive hotel.. ergo the chopper flights in and out.

22. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Not so much for the champagne etc, but the (albeit limited) access to the garages. For me anyway.

Best I can hope for! Thanks man!

Cheers,
    Ian

23. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Anyone heard whether PSL holders are getting pit walk on thursday this year?

24. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I booked a room thru the FCA allotment that is not needed $250. Cheap guys and gals. Anyone interested ?? Thursday through Monday. I may have a pit pass walk pass as well. I will not know until I get there. Stay in touch for that

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I will be there, for the first time, on Saturday and Sunday. I have a grandstand seat, but on Saturday I'd like to sample the general-admission areas. Which ones do you suggest?