SCHUMACHER FAN CLUB CHIEF TELLS HAMILTON TO SWITCH ON BRAIN | FerrariChat

SCHUMACHER FAN CLUB CHIEF TELLS HAMILTON TO SWITCH ON BRAIN

Discussion in 'F1' started by bep078, Nov 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bep078

bep078 Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Did hamilton seriously make those comments?

4. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I am amazed they fit into their helmets with all that ego.

5. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Ron please tell Charlie to tell Michael to race fair pretty please

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I'm amazed some need helmets at all with the little stuff there is to protect in there

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton has just proven his level...... A million feet below pond life. What a (insert your own expletive)

And he has fans who worship him, WTF

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    IF the statement Hamilton is true he just stooped to such a low level, for once again, no reason.

I don't understand why he has to **** all over everyone elses success and achievements. What does he accomplish by doing so?

9. bep078

bep078 Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's not his fault. Clorox bleach leaking into the brain.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks for the confirmation. Lowest of the low.

Went through the comments and gave up half way. Not a single positive one RE Hamilton and his words. Plenty of praise for his talents in the car, though.

haha :D

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If true it's his opinion, is he not allowed one?, besides it is not as if I haven't heard it all before, however I suppose his timing for this supposed statement could be considered dubious.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #14 daytona355, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Schumi never crashed his way in the mid field just because his bird had a headache, and he didn't make unwarranted first corner lunges expecting people to just back out of his way. The guy may have made the odd compulsive move to win, or lose, a championship, but he wasn't the one man wrecking ball Elton becomes whenever he isn't winning. Schumi had a career in f1 over something like sixteen full seasons, and we can only pick a handful of less than stellar moments, Elton has races where he has more incidents than schumi ever had. The bloke is a nailed on embarrassment with comments like he made, what a moron

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The timing considering his situation couldn't be worse and I'm doubting that he really meant it that way. That said, I don't think he's completely wrong. MS had no competition for a long time, even from his own teammate.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1...

Without hearing from Hamilton directly (I don't know what question prompted the response or what portion was cut away), I would guess that Hamilton is referring to having to go head-to-head with competitive teammates versus being able to hand pick a wing-man.

The press has a way of picking the most salacious portions of a statement out to create clicks/sell papers.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think that if there is one thing that really makes the difference between Schumacher and Hamilton its that Schumacher, along with Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, and Rory Byrn rebuilt Ferrari from a mid and even lower tier team of also rans into a complete dominate powerhouse that lasted for years. They are where they are today from that period.

Schumacher was more than just a talented driver. He was one of he essential parts of a team that rebuilt the racing image of Ferrari in ways we don't even remember anymore because we "expect them" now to win or be in contention in any given race they enter.

Schumacher also showed his talent at the bottom of the team pool. His early days in F1 proved he was something special over the rest of the field.

Hamilton came to a McLaren team that already was on top and was schooled for years to have that job. He jumped to a Mercedes team that was about to put a major effort of moving to the top. It's just not the same thing and he never drove for a bottom team.

I'm not discounting Hamilton's talent vs Schumacher. But Schumacher was MORE than just a great driver, and I don't think Hamilton is.

18. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Schumi never talked bad about other people . You will find no one every say a bad word about micheal accept other drivers . Only person is clown hack lawyer ldm but he likes drunk fins who crash a lot and drive slow . If this is true Elvis is more lost and wwe feared. Let's hope ferrari doesn't get better next year or elvis might really lose it.

19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well, even if Hamilton equals MS records, I for one will never count him as a legend. More like a d*mb@$$$ to me. For some reason, Senna is a god and he didn't crash into anybody, but Michael was like a demon. :rolleyes:

Hamilton hardly had a tough car to race with. Generally the car given to him were all made fast by the engineers. A slower car, 2009-2012, and hardly there's anything. In that period, Alonso showed that his the best driver in the current crop in the POS car.

Yes, people can argue Michael never really had a competition, etc, but, Michael, together with the rest of the team build the Scuderia from Ground Zero. Endless testing, and Michael using his business skills to bring the team together.

It obviously lead to success, and many people assumed he had it easy because there were no competition.

As for Hamilton, they are 'managing' rather than racing these days. No testing, which means hardly any driver input to the engineers. No refueling which means no tactics like Michael's Hungary 1998 race. Only constant whining on the radio.

A legend? Not in a 100 years..

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Could you guys please stop putting this up again and again???
    Hamilton won his first WDC against Kovallainen, why do you guys behave like he only fighted the bests? Now he has a superior car so please do not overstimate his achievements over other WDC titles pretending they are worth more than others...Schumacher won in a Benetton against the better Williams f.e.

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I would love to see what would happen if vettel were to replace handbags in the Mercedes. That would then prove whether Elton was deserving of a title...... Mind you, much as I like handbags, i only see him as a number two driver of he swapped and came to Ferrari, so we would need Alonso back, or to wait till young max, or someone else, is ready to step up properly.

22. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Hamilton may be a great driver, but personality wise he is a "dip ****" (excuse the expression please). Its all well and good to be a good driver but without humility it shows a total lack of class. I don't remember Schumacher or Senna or Prost or even Alonso comparing themselves to former champions. It just exposes the truth behind the rumour that he's difficult to work with and incredibly self centered. Also, when he is winning its very easy to say whatever he wants but I still remember him being soundly beaten by his teammate Jenson Button when they were both in the same car at McLaren, and going into a depression as a result. Is that the mark of a champion?

23. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I hereby apologize to Justin Bieber for the times I compared Lewis Hamilton with him.

No hard feelings, mate?

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If I remember correctly, Schumacher never said he was "better than" Fangio when he broke Fangio's record.

Schumacher understood just how dangerous it was for Fangio to do the things he did in cars that were death traps.

It's difficult to compare drivers over time. Hamilton should know better.

25. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    You've nailed him, Sid. Even if the tu-d believes this - which I am certain he does given his massive ego - what a straight-out stupid idiot to open his flap thus. IMHO he's not demonstrably quicker than Nico, let alone Michael. And they're both driving cars clearly miles ahead of the competition.

“I won mine with my natural abilities only.” Please!