Hamilton at Ferrari in future ? | FerrariChat

Hamilton at Ferrari in future ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Nov 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He has never hinted wanting to drive for the Scuderia, but can anyone imagine Lewis Hamilton driving for Ferrari one day?

What would the tifosis think about it?

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'd like it based on his abilities, but he might be too much of a crybaby when things don't go his way.

Mind you, Vettel's a crybaby too, but so far he's been great. Let's see what happens if he's ever challenged. I have to say he took being beaten by Ricciardo and lot better than the rare times Webber beat him.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dream come true for me, I just can't see it ever happening, I can't see him sitting well with the red squad, however I have been wrong before (more times than not according to some eh Pete ;)), I didn't think he would leave Mclaren when he did.

4. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Tifosi always want Ferrari to win. We might prefer a driver we actually like in the car, but ultimately, it's all about the win.

5. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Would like to see it but I don't think it will happen. Verstappen will be Ferrari's next driver I reckon.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

'Tis nothing more than the natural order of things! ;)

And another '+1'.

At this level (& it's the same in all "top level" pro-sports - NFL, soccer, even cricket (!) etc), its always about the win.

But, IMESHO, there's ways to achieve said wins with "style" & "panache".

Ferrari sometimes manage it, Mclaren never will.

Cheers,
    Ian

7. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Sid would promptly commit suidice and many other heads here would explode

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Is that like suicide then? Hahaha..... Nah, I'd just root for the other driver. Ferrari make mistakes, hiring him would just be another one. Can't see him fitting in at all, the politics would go ballistic, and Italians would hate his 'it's only because of me' attitude - they want drivers who worship Ferrari, not the other way around. My Sicilian side of the family would be up in arms about it, and that's never a good thing

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    God, I hope not. I've never seen him express the passion for the marque and an appreciation of its history that is typical of Ferrari piloti.

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Didn't think of that....very valid point.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Highly doubt it to be honest.

1) Ferrari has Vettel. Vettel seems highly committed to Ferrari, the Tifosi seem to love him already. With things heading in the right direction, Ferrari might soon be the team to be in (Mercedes advantage will fade away to at least a solid challenge from Ferrari every weekend), so no reason to leave. Ferrari isn't stupid, hiring Hamilton together with vettel will simply mess with with the team harmony.

2) Hamilton has hinted he won't be in F1 very long. I reckon he's out by 2019. Vettel will be at Ferrari then still, I think.

3) Verstappen factor. Might be early still, but I've never heard such good praise for a rookie, especially one not in a top car. World at his feet, really, if he keeps this up.

12. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Need tech guys not drivers!

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would certainly welcome him there. He is one of the best drivers of the current grid and of all times.

However I don't see the need for him as long as Seb is at Ferrari. I never want two top drivers in the same team. If Seb would leave, yes please bring Hamilton.

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep...if the OP meant "at the same time as Vettel", then I think that would be a disaster.

15. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Not gonna happen.

16. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    NO. PLEASE NO..

17. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Yeah...a disaster for Vettel

18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Here we go.

19. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    #19 piolaxo, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Two high profile drivers at Ferrari? That hasn't happened in a while. Personally,
    I would love how the sound of Vettel and Verstappen. V2! I think Verstappen will
    push Vettel in a good way. (Edit: hmm well, I wasn't thinking... Vettel and Raikkonen
    are two high profile drivers, but since Raikkonen is such a low drama guy, there is
    never a conflict between him and his co-pilots).

Verstappen has impressed me a lot. Reminds me of Vettel when he was in a crappier
    Toro Rosso.

20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    No tnx. I actually think if he leaves Mercedes not many other teams would want him at his price. Only Ron Dennis would maybe have him back IMO.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A disaster for Ferrari.

Both are spoiled brats. Both are super fast. Hamilton probably faster but Seb smarter. They would destroy Ferrari and each other and themselves. Not pretty for anybody. Only McLaren is dumb enough to have two top drivers.

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Agree and that's why Vettel is better than Hamilton IMO. Not only is he younger but it's easier to lose and gain speed than it is intelligence.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So he can party all night and drive a LaFerrari into 3 parked cars in Monaco?

Many years ago, Jackie Stewart told Hamilton he has to stop his wild ways and concentrate on driving or it will destroy his career. Looks like Jackie needs to sit down with Lewis again.

24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    If we can accept a cheater like Vettel we can accept anyone. :eek:

25. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don't think he'd fit in at Ferrari. Not going to happen.

I think Vettel will be at Ferrari for many years to come and will win championships for us. No need for Hamilton.

All the best,
    Andrew.