Latest on the Sahara Force India saga | FerrariChat

Latest on the Sahara Force India saga

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Feb 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Nice read, thanks.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Always been that way, & always will be in F1 I believe.

The most obvious example is Sir Frank of course; barely made it to the grid for years. Then found some $ and came good.

Nature of the beast I feel.

Cheers,
    Iam

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And it wasn't the first time for Frank Williams. The current team started in 1977 after his breakup with Walter Wolf, with Wolf taking what was left of the old team. Williams ran a customer March during 1977, but that was when he was able to gain sponsorship from Saudia Airlines and other Saudi interests. Once the money came in, things changed quite quickly and by 1980 they were world champions!

4. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    Perhaps a step closer for Slim to buy into F1. He's a tough negotiator, so if he buys
    it'll be at the right price.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I hope they do last. They have been the most consistent mid team.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    FI has been rumoured to keel over for how many years now? 5? More?

Yet always around. Much like in it's previous guise (Jordan), it does well with a relatively small budget. Actually. Well is an understatement...remember from where they went? As Spyker fighting with Minardi and themselves, to 5 or so seasons almost always in the points.

7. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    joe saward is stating the obvious, as usual. always with "facts" that nobody can verify. I think he's is doing a very good job making himself important..again.

8. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    Last year, there was talk from Viyay Mallya that he wanted to get the F1 price money
    distributed earlier in the year probably to improve the cash flow during the year.
    Was there any resolution?

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Others asked early including Sauber. A lack of sufficient incoming funds....

10. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    My distant 6 degrees of separation in all of this, is that I once owned an F-car of which the original owner was Interim-C.E.O. of Spyker, and as such, personally executed the sale of Spyker F1 to Force India.

I later asked about it, and was indirectly told [paraphrasing] the F1 division was draining Spyker finances to the brink of bankruptcy.