Split from the Hamilton China Grid Penalty Thread | FerrariChat

Split from the Hamilton China Grid Penalty Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by GodSpeed33, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    Good that will make the haters even more pissed off when he still wins it on Sunday.

Aah thats cute. Lewis has won 4 on his own. 2 in a Mclaren and Mercedes each.

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Although we're trying to relax away from the huge bans, try not to deliberately antagonise people by hoping other contributors are going to be "pissed off". This isn't a great first post back. :eek:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/495700-enforcement-rules-f1-forum.html

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. GodSpeed33

GodSpeed33 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2014
    Are you seriously threatening me with a ban for that comment?

Was i calling someone a hater? NO. I merely stated his haters will be livid when he manages to still win the race.

Are you that insecure? Or is it the fact i'm stating the obvious?

Funny how its cool to call Hamilton Hambone or Elton but talking about how his haters would react to a Hamilton win can get you a pre ban warning...

Double standards much Andrew???

4. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I am reminding you of the rules. You know full well that you were attempting to stir up trouble and you are expected to interact more amiably than that.

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Goodbye. Forever.

All the best,
    Andrew.

6. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    About EFFING time. I almost got myself banned again but I exercised caution and waiting for him to put his foot in his mouth again.

7. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Give someone enough rope . . . .

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLO, nice one Andrew...dismissed with a touch of class!!!

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

Absolutely no reason for a ban OR a perma ban.
    Have you have become power mad ?
    Calm down.

10. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    He had repeated warnings in the past as well as longer and longer vacations. Now that he's finally back he starts right up again with his **** stirring. Maybe you should do a bit of research before throwing out accusations against Andrew...

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Reading his 81+ posts, most of them were trying to create a reaction.

Hamilton has lost a fan on this forum though ...

12. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think some people forget that they don't have an actual "right" to be here. We're invited to participate. They can have whatever rules and enforce them how THEY see fit. No one makes us come here to read and post. If you don't like it... go talk about F1 somewhere else.

I got a 30 day ban once... I thought it was a bit harsh considering the circumstances but I didn't complain about it or assail Andrew for strictly enforcing the rules. People just think because you can click a link you're somehow entitled to a part of something. It doesn't work that way... as our friend (using the term loosely) found out.

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree.

14. tesla

tesla Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2013
    That is exactly what's going on. This guy eventually bans anyone that doesn't agree with his views. I've been reading without posting because it's so easy to get banned around here. You're only safe when writing positive about Ferrari, Schumacher, and Vettel or bashing Hamilton at every chance you get.

Now we need to be careful to use the word "mad" instead of "pissed off"

This place is pathetic.

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't get it. I don't go to or hang around any place that I don't like. What are you still doing here? It's okay that you disagree and think this forum sucks... but then why keep your membership. There's plenty of places you can go and talk F1. Don't stay and be all mad. Take off brother.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes and no.

This is a Ferrari forum, after all. You can give a different opinion, but not be offensive or controversial. You have to see it from that perspective.

The Moderator likes a bit of decorum in the posts, and no foul language, no personal attack, no polemics. I think he does a great job, having to deal with some unruly participants sometimes - me included.

Also, most Ferrari fans are often the most critic when the Scuderia screws up. So it's wrong to say they are all sycophants. But they do like their team to win!!!

17. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #17 texasmr2, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    +1

I think Andrew is very reasonable and anyone who has been around here long enough know that I have had my share of "vacations" but I did deserve them and I think that is the point, man up and admit your mistake and when you return just try to have fun.

18. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Toil manages to participate just fine these days, and I don't agree with many of his views. ;)

It gets very tiresome when folks step over the line to stir up angry reactions and then lambaste any mod action as biased for or against a particular fan group. I've been called anti-Hamilton by you and others, while some have accused me of protecting the Hamilton crowd because I'm half British and live in the UK. I seem to have roughly equal numbers in either camp who are dissatisfied with me on the grounds of my bias concerning Hamilton, so I must be striking a fairly good balance in between.

We will not have any return to the bitter vitriol between Hamilton fans and Hamilton detractors polluting every thread with mods caught in the middle being blamed by both sides. It's toxic, drives folks away from the section, and was the reason for the moderation crackdown that many members requested to make the section tolerable again.

If you're over the line, you're over the line. Being a Hamilton fan, indifferent to Hamilton, or a Hamilton detractor will not matter as long as you are civil. Hamilton is irrelevant. Be civil, be amiable, and you will not be moderated - it really is that simple. If you cannot abide by that, you can either find the door yourself or I'll show you where it is.

All the best,
    Andrew.

19. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Here's my thing... why are people who hate the forum and it's rules still here. I've dropped out my share of forums over the years because I thought the people were a) stupid b) rude c)poorly run d) [insert any number of other reasons]

When people whine and whine about a place like this and how much it sucks and all that... all I picture is some pimple-faced young millennial who hasn't quite figured out that life doesn't exist to make them feel good and fulfilled about their smallest whim. I don't know who these people are... it makes no sense to me. Jesus! Just leave already if you don't like it. Is it really just about having to get your way, make a some sort of statement... prove a point. Well if so... the audience these people are trying to impact don't really care... and I mean don't care at all. A lot of you guys will be like "Oh... so and so is complaining again... I'll just hop in my $350K Ferrari and drive through the mountains and take in the epic view."

The others like me are too damn busy and just want to talk racing. I don't think anyone really cares... at all... except the other couple guys acting like spoiled college kids demanding their "safe spaces" too.

Either way... we want to discuss F1 Racing...not hear the complaints of troublemakers that Andrew finally grows tired of.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

Seems fair enough to me ...

21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Andrew reports every action he takes to the mod forum. If one or more mods thinks another mod has gone "power mad" :rolleyes: it'll get called out. No other mod criticized him on this one, and several gave whole-hearted approval.

It's easy to get banned in this forum because it's been targeted for cleanup and Andrew has taken on the seemingly thankless (as evidenced by some of these comments) task of being on point for the cleanup. Keep it civil and no one should have a problem, whatever their opinions. But post with the intention of stirring up **** (i.e. trolling) and you're at risk.

22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I rarely visit the F1 forum these days because of the all the boiling arguments over people (drivers etc.) we don't even know in an entertainment industry.

Why.... that describes me to a tee !
    ;)

23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've always wondered that too.

24. tesla

tesla Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2013
    Has it occurred to you that there might be other people out there that love F1 and like reading/participating in discussions?
    I said the problem here is that it's moderated to the extreme unless you share the same views as the moderator.
    Do you even see what this guy got banned for?
    Just because I don't participate doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading some of the comments from time to time.
    You might not be aware of this but there are humans out there with different opinions.
    It's not all about Ferrari is the best, Schumacher is the best, Vettel is the best, and Hamilton sucks.

What exactly are you suggesting? Should I go find and only read forums where everyone shares the same opinion as mine?

25. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    #25 maulaf, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    The strange thing about you guys (= you, toil, Godspeed ~'the hamilton fans') is that you are strangely aggressive, strangely interested in stirring things up and completely refusing to permit other people to differ in opinions.

When you look closely, you will find that there has always been people around here that were open about not liking Alonso at all, saying he was heavily overrated. Others claimed he was one of the best around. Now they all kept going along well. An ability you guys entirely lack.

Toil indeed has over time turned into an entirely acceptable contributor here. He shows where his passion lies (great) but doesn't attempt any longer to attack other people for differing in views (even greater). With that he (the 2016 toil) certainly has his place here.

What you do here, I don't understand. You find something about this board fascinating enough to lurk in the shadows. At the same time you claim we are hopelessly biased and narrow minded. That does not make sense to me. Why would you stick around then?