Spanish GP, where to sit? | FerrariChat

Spanish GP, where to sit?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Apr 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Preferably I'd sit in Grandstand L, it'll give me view into Turns 1 and 2 (obviously the prime overtaking spot), then T4 and 5 and into 6, on top of it it has a big TV as well which is incredibly useful. Best mate who is coming with (arriving the Friday night) is on a budget however, so can't go balls out on fancy as **** tickets.

However, only tickets for 3 days available, none for Sunday only, so these at €330 are out of budget for him.

Ideally I'd like General admission for Saturday, and Grandstand sunday.

I then spotted the Family Ticket, which has all the benefits of being at a fairly good spot, it has a TV and I could take my twin brothers with, too! However, are these linked to names? Obviously best mate doesn't have the same surname as me, and I'd like to take my mom with on the Friday since he won't be here yet.

2. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Tickets bought, sitting in the stadium section. Can see the back straight approach to the left hander (keen overtaking spot), the slow right hander (a corner I loathe in sim racing), entrance to the mickey mouse section and see if an overtake worked there as I have brief view of the straight!

Question, as it doesn't mention it on the ticket and the last time I went to a GP I never checked:

Tickets aren't linked to your name, correct? Want to take my mom with on the Friday, but Saturday/Sunday my best mate.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No link between tickets & names.

I think you'll actually receive different tix for each day.

No problem.

Good for you taking Mum! Has she ever seen them before?

Enjoy! As always, pix or it didn't happen...... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    She used to go before I was born to the Zandvoort GP every year. Taking my twin brothers for the whole weekend, too :).

Got the E tickets, presumably will get the proper tickets at the track. Might even go on Thursday, fetch the tickets a day ahead and can do a pit walk. Track is 40 min drive from my house so if I have time I'll go.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Where to sit? Wherever the hottest chics are!

6. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Cool! You're in walking distance of the track, right? Or used to be?

Be very interested in how she compares todays cars with the ones she remembers......

Are you sure the e-tickets aren't the whole deal? I have no idea about there, but many tickets here are "print it yourself"..... You print it, they scan it & you're in. [Mostly QR codes, although I've seen bar codes too.]

Whatever, I'd certainly try & "sneak in" on Thursday; You *may* be able to do a pit walk. Little chance later these days unfortunately. :(

Remember the pix! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #7 Bas, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Definitely a worthwhile comparison but if you are to ask me...cars from the 70's and 80s vs the current cars I can already tell you the answer ;).

Yes walking distance. Zandvoort is very small; lived in several houses, at one point we even bought Jan Lammers' house (ex F1 driver, and Le Mans winner of course), but the closest I've lived is what you can call ''steps away'' (see attached pic, from my house to main entrance. *Pic too small, 140 meters to the entrance!)
    Haven't a clue. Just printed out 4 sheets of A4 tickets. I suspect I give them to a man at the ticket office at the track and they'll give me some fancier type tickets... IIRC that's what happened last time.

This is the message I got with purchase of my ticket:

Seems clear to me:)

Clearing my phone and all that so I can take pics and probably a video. camera is quite good on it. Had a decent camera (canon something or other) but it got stolen.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Enjoy Barcelona. That city is one of the best in the world and one of the greatest party towns over the GP weekend.

I'd also recommend you google the route of the old GP track in Barcelona. You can drive it today as it is all public roads.

Enjoy!

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Great suggestion. Unbeknownst to myself I've drive passed it a few times now! Next time when I'm near I'll drive it, if the road is clear I'll take video and post it.

10. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No, I'm asking her! :D

;)

Were there ever any "serious" objections to it from local residents? Seems it's the bane of all tracks both here & in the UK. :( [The ****ing track was there before you moved there, *******! ;) ]

Go for it! :)

Video would be good!.... I recall Carol (where'd she go?) posting some cool stuff from Monaco years back.

:(

TBH, the way "we" share pix these days - Here for example, the need for huge resolution has passed. Any ol' camera phone pic is good.....

Cheers,
    Ian

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well you'll find out in a few weeks!

Yes, and still happening. I think they get 5 ''loud'' days these days, they use them for DTM and I believe Italia a Zandvoort (or whatever it's called these days, but it's got F1 demos. Last year young Max in a Toro Rosso Pre V6 and his dad his old Minardi V10 and Historic F1 (my favourite event of year there).

The whinging gets absolutely on my tits. I'm friends with some people who are in the local council and they've told me exactly who the people are who complain (it's a very small town and everyone knows everyone). Just bitter old fools who move to the not so nice part of the village and complain about everything. Bring back good old dictatorship I say ;).

She left long ago, I believe after an argument with someone...

Yup, Fchat already limited to quite low resolution. I believe my phone can even record in 4k, though now it's a year old it apparently needs to deteriorate so might just pick up a new S7 edge before the GP.

12. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Very good! :)

5 is better than none!.... I'm outta touch, but believe there's no "exceptions" around here.

Hmmm.... Having said that, I reckon the drags in Sonoma must be pretty noisy.....

Vague bells are ringing.

I'm sure you watched the 4K videos Lou posted recently? Wow!

I don't have any 4K kit, but it looked *stunning* on the iPad & monitor. [I can feel a TV upgrade coming soon... ;)]

Cheers,
    Ian

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    For the other 360 days a year they're limited to 92db. I'm sure I've farted louder ;).

I did have a laugh, on the paddock they used to have some drifting once a month or so, but because of complaints recently (even though the track they laid out was wetted and the cars all below 92db exhaust!), drifting was cancelled. So the other day, just before I left, I went to the track and at the skid pan (see pics, a seperate business from the circuit) they hosted a day long drift day...not wetted, missing all the painted skid pan bits! On track was a train of BMW's, including an E34 540i with it's V8 bouncing of the limiter all day long. I'm sure that was as a nice little FU to the people complaining...cars much closer to them suddenly and no wetted track. Brilliant.

Didn't see those, is that Lou in the airplane section? I almost bought a 4K tv beginning of the year but since In use my TV for gaming as well, I needed one with decent frequency and they where 3x as expensive. Figure in a new video card as well to get all this 4k content in decent quality and I was looking at a €3000+ investment. Knowing the up coming video cards are a huge step forward I decided to hold out for a year or so...

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :D

Yep;

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144639971-post1.html

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144446581-post725.html

Hmmm... I'm not a gamer (! ;)), Would be nice to stream 4K content to it from "wherever", and that appears to be the bottleneck right now (?)

Cheers,
    Ian

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas