Another Hamilton conspiracy theory | FerrariChat

Another Hamilton conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, May 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think they've been rather lenient in the past.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Winners get the call. He ain't, and he isn't, this season.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    man?

more like wehhhhhhhh, wehhhhhhhhh, wehhhhhhhhhh crybaby angry at the world for everything that is wrong in his life.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Gonna be rather ironic if he plays the race card since that's exactly what he needs to STFU and do! :D

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #6 Jack-the-lad, May 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Someone call him a waaaaaaaaambulance! Waaa waaa

Poor little Elton, if he doesn't win, it must be someone else's fault cos there's no way the spirit of Senna could let it be for lack of talent - what a tool!

I hope the steward that was his nemesis in karting turns up as a volunteer at silverstone this year, and decides to get his own back for those nasty comments by getting Elton black flagged during the race.... Karma's a ***** Elton!

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He narrowly avoided being censored for doing just that in Monaco a few years ago, I have no idea why the FIA didn't take stronger action at that time against him for bringing the sport into disrepute for it, I'd say Elton gets way more lenient treatment than most.

Every race he gets away with stuff others don't, even in Russia he got away with making no effort to stay on track in the first corners and just accelerated past the rest illegally without censure, other races he's gotten away with bashing his way past people, ignoring yellow flags, been pushed and even lifted back on track after crashing. He needs to shut his face and drive, Nico is just doing a better job than him this year

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In the other article on planet f1, Elton claims that until his 'water pressure issue' he was lapping a little quicker than Nico. I would love to see the evidence for this, I was watching the lap times all through the race, and Nico was holding Elton every lap, the only time Elton lapped quicker was for a couple laps affected by Nico going past the traffic in the mid-40's, where his lead dropped down to 7.6 seconds, swiftly followed by a period where Elton's times suffered for several laps while he then negotiated the same traffic, the gap resuming its previous level.

Nico had it all under control, I believe the coded message was from the team giving Elton a get out to keep his fragile psyche imagining it was a mechanical problem, rather than nico's talent, keeping Elton at bay, because the team know that if Elton starts to think he is in trouble, he will begin to overdrive and crash his way to the front. I can't remember a time where a water pump or hydraulic system on any car, even the most simplistic, was able to Spring a leak, and miraculously repair itself a few miles down the road. Air or water leaks are either there, or they aren't, and clearly with an engine at 17000 revs, it WAS NOT

10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    After finishing second at the Russian Grand Prix, World Champion Lewis Hamilton has shed some light on the rumours about favouritism at the Mercedes camp, by denying it.

Hamilton confirmed that each driver has their own team in the Mercedes garage but insisted that there are no hints of favouritism within the team and that everyone is working together to achieve one common goal.

"All I can say is that my side of the garage are having a hard time,” he revealed after the race.

“I have every confidence and faith in them. It's unusual for them – the majority were on Nico's car last year and Nico's guys were with me for three years. We swapped for no apparent reason but that is not the reason we're having issues.

"Don't jump the gun. It's not happened in the last three years (favouritism) and I have no reason to think that's happening now."

Moving onto the race itself, the three-time World Champion showed appreciation to his team for working tirelessly in getting his car ready for Sunday after a scare he might face a grid penalty.

He continued: "I would like to thank the guys who flew over the from the factory and the mechanics who worked until 2am to get my car ready. Without that I wouldn't have got to this point.”

When quizzed whether he felt he could have hunted down his teammate Nico Rosberg had it not been for a water pressure problem within his engine, Hamilton admitted it is impossible to know for sure.

"It's impossible to really say right now, but the car felt good," said the Brit.

“At that time I was lapping a little bit quicker than Nico, but it was at that point I had to back off and make sure the car was going to make it.

"I just tried to nurse it home."

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Is it "coz he'z, ... at the back?"

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Like I said in the other thread, they're not out to get the fool.

#1 he reversed in the pitlane. Explicitly forbidden.

#2 he did exactly the oposite of what everyone was told to do at the mandatory drivers meeting. If they ignored it a penalty will follow. A penalty followed.

Now, if lew stops acting like he's above everyone he might even avoid another penalty.

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Lewis' car had ZERO water pressure during the final 16 laps of the race. Also, under the current rules, the engines do not rev at 17,000rpm. They're allowed to rev up to 15,000rpm. In actuality, however, they don't see much above 10,000-11,000rpm due to the 100kg/hour fuel consumption limit anytime the car's on the track. Combined with the "muffling" effect of the turbocharger, these relatively low revs contribute heavily to the lackluster exhaust note.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS - A Letter to the Fans

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Prove it! No water pressure? That must mean it's not essential to the running of the car then.... So what's the problem?

15000, 18000, so what? Car still ran, lap times were not affected in the slightest, Nico was matching the times easily, Elton wasn't making any headway until he gave up, as per the norm, once it was clear second was the best he would get without Nico fluffing it.

We didn't hear Nico complaining about having to nurse his car problem, the one toto Wolff claimed he had after the race. He just quietly managed it and made no fuss, didn't try to blame it for losing any lap time, didn't look flustered when he got out the car, just did the job of winning.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As already mentioned earlier in the thread, there isn't a chance in hell that the car would do 16 laps with ZERO water pressure. The engine would simply seize way before that.

I believe that the computers said zero water pressure, but that's a sensor problem. In reaction to this, they slowed Hamilton down ''just in case''.

Was there a real problem? Who knows. Perhaps they slowed him down as Mercedes didn't want to risk a crash between the two or risking both their engines by pushing too hard.

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You've hit the nail on the head Bas. Mercedes know Elton hasn't the common sense not to press the go faster button too often and risk detonating his engine just to try to catch Nico, making up a problem which is likely impossible to disprove for anyone outside the team is the easiest way to get him to drive for the team rather than himself without having to go into a conference with him about it and have him tweet about how unfairly he is treated after the race

17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    In the words of Fchat user GordonC, "you are one sick, twisted head case."

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ???

19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There's no reason to attack him personally for expressing views you don't agree with - and, in fact, that's expressly forbidden.

In light of the total absence of any prior moderation history in the 12 years you've been on the site, this is a warning in lieu of an outright ban.

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Here's the footage of Lewis Hamilton recklessly reversing in the pitlane: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/4d2ifa/video_of_hamilton_reversing_in_the_pit_lane/

Shocking! - He could have killed someone! :rolleyes:

As I understand it from Martin Brundle's SKY TV commentary, Hamilton was initially guided by the pit-lane marshals to stop his car outside of the parc-ferme area, but having come to a halt to the side of the entrance to parc-ferme, they then changed their minds and told him he had to park in parc-ferme after all.

Because of where Hamilton had been told to stop, he was unable to turn in to the parc-ferme entrance by going forward, so he reversed his car by the amount shown in the video and no more, in order to be able to drive through the entrance.

As you say though, asked to move the car or not, and regardless of distance travelled, reversing the car under it's own power is expressly forbidden in the pitlane.

Saying that though, he was just doing the most natural thing in order to comply with the marshals latest instructions!

21. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ok..that really sucks.

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Rules is rules! ��

23. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I was actually a little surprised he could even find reverse.... Sure, the rules say you've gotta have one, but back in my day at least it rarely worked, & the drivetrain really didn't like it much anyway. We'd always push the things backwards when needed.

Cheers,
    Ian

24. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1

No conspiracy theory, but the way the circus is run these days from a rules/regs pov, he'd have probably gotten a reprimand or worse anyway if he hadn't reversed to follow the instructions. Reminds a little of KMag's pitlane incident and penalty.

25. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #25 PSk, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    [size=+2]Now hang on a minute!!!![/size] Nico had terrible reliability last year and now LH is, and we now know that the common denominator is the mechanics!!!! Surely they or somebody needs to be sacked, or moved to a division that never touches a car!

I know what I would be doing if I was LH ...
    Pete
    Please note I think Nico is doing a great job this year.