Monaco tickets | FerrariChat

Monaco tickets

Discussion in 'F1' started by Hollywood-GP, May 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    I'm going to be in Europe next week, I'd it still possible to get tickets? Or does anyone have recommendations on where to watch from?

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
  3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Howa mucha money ya willing to spend?....... ;)

Seriously, basically, as always, the more $ the ticket, the better the view. Until you go crazy Paddock Club, then it's *all* good! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

4. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    most of the sunday tickets seem to be sold out, is there some sort of Stubhub in Europe?
    how are the seats in the swimming pool complex?

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    The "official" source is the ACM (Automobile Club de Monaco), but I suspect the options for Sunday are few (or nonexistent). Nevertheless, there are always numerous seats being hawked on the street- easy enough if you have some idea of track layout and which grandstand you prefer. Just bring cash.
    I like the higher rows of the lower-numbered K stands (K1, 2, 3, etc.)- they have a pretty expansive view and face one of the giant screens. Ideal, of course, is a top row in those stands, as you can also turn around and see the front straight and watch the run from Start/Finish up to Ste. Devote, but those were gone the first day tickets went on sale last June.
    This will be my 25th year at Monaco so I know the drill pretty well. I'm super busy until I fly over on Tuesday, but let me know if you need further info and I'll try to get back to you.

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Cost vary from $40 for "low grade seats" to $800 for to seating.
    I wonder however what will go on this week end. Gas stations were running low 2 days ago and now the CGT shut down gasoline distribution. The entire south may run out of gas in the station as everyone rush to fill up.
    Good luck and tell us how this goes! France is as unreliable as ever for anything. I just hope i will be able to come back in time because it gets nasty over here

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have a love hate with Monaco. Its a race that is so unique that I look forward to it each year.... but actually going for the race ... not so much. the partying is Awsome... watching the race in real life in Monaco not so much. True = you can do champagne and gourmet food from a balcony while the cars scream past... but even that gets old as all you see is a second or two of the cars. everyone has a TV on in the background...

Paddock Club at Monaco is worth the money... it is the place to be... I've done the rochers to F1PC... regardless of the type of pass... you don't see much. Monaco for fun however is good, but its so packed during the race weekend....

but if you are a true F-1 fan - you have to go at least once! for those of you there! have fun.

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    The monaco gp is, in short, for a 20-30 something, 25% actual GP watching and 75% everything else...

Hmmm, maybe 80% everything else, blood alcohol levels and the density of beautiful women tend to go through the roof during gp week, and well everything else is a blur. Ahhh, good times...definitely an experience, but if you're just after some racing/gp action, it might not be the best choice of the calendar.

I second the paddock pass experience, if not just for the direct line to the after-parties & celebrities.

9. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Ira has it correct. Go to the ACM offices in Monaco. You can very likely get a ticket, but it will be pretty spendy. Otherwise you can hike up to the Palace, Secteur Le Rocher and watch for free, general admission. You would need to be there early to get a spot.

10. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Sorry I didn't see this and reply before I left for Monaco, but this is not entirely accurate. In fact, general admission tickets for the Secteur Rocher cost 70E for Sunday- there is NO free spectating in Monaco.

11. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Ah, times have changed. Used to be free up at the palace. I am not surprised that there is now a fee. Hope you had a great trip.

12. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes, very nice, thanks. Things have indeed changed, but this was my 25th year in a row at the GP de Monaco and it's still big fun!