The Naysayers are All Wrong - - Lewis Hamilton is 100% Authentic | FerrariChat

The Naysayers are All Wrong - - Lewis Hamilton is 100% Authentic

Discussion in 'F1' started by Terra, May 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #1 Terra, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4uWo5B_9U[/ame]

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    As much as I can appreciate Lewis I equally appreciate what his dad did.
    I think its a little awkward for him to publicly talk; he messes up his time with Mclaren and time with Mercedes.

3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Are you referring to his comment about being with Mercedes since 13-years-old? Don't forget that up until a few years ago, McLaren (i.e. the McLaren-Mercedes F1 Team in those days) was partly owned by Mercedes for a very long period of time.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    aside from his hair

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    And his "fashionista" fake reading glasses

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm not generally a fan, but he was very, very articulate, and spoke very well. It was an excellent and mature interview - well done Lewis.

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Interesting comment.

Gotta be honest, I opened it up, saw it was nearly 30 minutes and moved along....

Guess I'll have to give it a watch now!

Cheers,
    Ian

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Opened it up, saw **** hair cut, jumper his mom forced him to wear at christmas, and fake glasses, and closed.

Not sure why an interview on a TV show will show why he is 100% authentic? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't dwell on about his tough childhood (I mean, not having yachts and private jets...how did he survive?), being black (50% only but whatever) and a bunch of other stuff we already know...

9. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Possibly, but Tom's one whose opinions I respect.

Cheers,
    Ian

10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    +1. One of the more articulate and poised drivers currently on the F1 grid.

11. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +2

Very impressed.

If you consider yourself an F1 fan, take 30 minutes & give it a watch.

Cheers,
    Ian

12. Prugna

Prugna Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Unites States
    and neck tat

13. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well worth watching, what little arrogance he displayed was well founded and otherwise a thoughtful and articulate interview.

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He still managed to have a few digs at Nico....does that mean Nico has him worried?

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nah, he knows a spoilt brat when he sees one,he will whip his a$$ this weekend.Nicole knows Lewis is faster, he is the hunted one.

16. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Results thus far this season suggest that's not true......

Cheers,
    Ian

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Agreed ......how about the last 3 years plus still have quite a lot of 2016 left.

18. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Agreed, fair comment.

"This is why we watch...." ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

19. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You know what? If Lewis was a smart and straight up guy, he wouldn't have these little digs at Nico at every opportunity...he'd just stick to letting his driving do the talking.

This hasn't happened for 8 races, so he's stooped to playing mind games. He's really diminishing his own achievements by doing it.

He even referred to Massa as "the other guy"

FFS...serious?

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Did you expect anything else from poor, persecuted little loverman Elton? It's never been his fault when he loses, and it's all about him if he wins. Even Mercedes have had a guts full of his BS and support Nico more this year, says it all. It's about time the muppet either lived up to his own hype, or STFU

21. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Their relationship is dynamic and both drivers adapt. Hamilton had quite a stretch of bullying (engine mode, running off track etc) his way over Rosberg (who largely permitted to be exploited). The one who kept his head on the drawing board is Rosberg.

The three messed up starts this year are quite telling. Further Hamilton has repeatedly shown that he is loosing his head in the heat of the moment (not even including Spain).

I can't predict how the remainder of 2016 will unfold. I would, however, not be surprised if Rosberg kept the upper hand this year. We might very well the a strengthened Hamilton return and show good weekends.

So, my bottom line here is, that indeed, Hamilton had the edge on Rosberg in previous years. A lot was aided by the mindset of the two. Especially with Rosberg's mindset of keeping his side clear, his car away from others, being exploitable and being exploited. Hamilton made use of that. Anyone who thinks F1 is only decided by pace was proven wrong. What I do note is that one driver keeps standing up to the challenge and keeps adapting, learning, improving. And that one is Rosberg. The other one takes photos of asses at late night parties. It hasn't improved his starts, yet.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think you mean the last 2 years.

2013 had nico written all over it (between the two, of course, as they weren't in the hunt for titles). Finished within something like 15 points of him but Rosberg had 3 DNF's (all car failures) vs Hamiltons 1 (at fault).

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Good point.Nicole had a nightmare start to the season,a bit like Lewis this year, then came back strongly for the rest of the year.So not much to choose between them in 2013 in the end.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep.

I think the biggest thing between them was that Rosberg used to be ''too nice''. 2015 USA turn 1 he felt was enough, and he's been as ruthless as Lewis since then and it's paid off.

25. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I thought Hamilton was actually impressive in the interview. His "digs" were not that bad, and I think were part of his personal make up. he was clear that he and Rosberg have been fighting each other since they were 9 years old. So out of that history has to be some form of mutual respect / trust. they certainly know each other well.

The one thing that to me stood out is his remark about his goals: "I wanted to match Senna with 3 wdc's and I've don't that" ... at first seemed boasting but now thinking about it, he seems a bit lost. his goal was to "Be Senna" - so he's done that. She asked him about life after F-1 and its clear that he's been thinking about that.... There is a lot more maturity than he is given credit for.

I much prefer this Hamilton than the Rap star Hamilton... but i guess to each his own.

I'd still rather Rosberg win this year ( if Vettel can't) ... and I think Hamilton has had the benefit of the best car ... and as a driver v. driver is not comparable to Vettel and certainly no where near Senna, Prost, Lauda & Stewart.