Hamilted trashed hotel room after Baku quali - Lauda | FerrariChat

Hamilted trashed hotel room after Baku quali - Lauda

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Who'da thunk it!

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Curious what Lauda's motivation is in this disclosure. As non-executive chairman, I would expect that a statement on the recored like this is beneath him. Unless it's some sort of motivational play or misdirection.

CW

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sick of the lies perhaps?

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm curious, too. Very strange for the team's dirty laundry to be aired by it's non executive chairman, but Lauda has been known to run his mouth. I don't see how it can be a motivational ploy. It'll just piss off Hamilton.

7. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    What a brat.

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    IF this is true, Niki is trying to undermine Lewis,what else has he got to gain by making a statement on his driver's relationship?

IF it is true regarding Lewis breaking up the room,what is Niki trying to do? Again undermine Lewis.

Toto will not be amused for sure.he is trying to calm things down ,then Niki comes out with this stuff!

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why would he make up trashing a hotel room?

10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It seems it was his private room in Mercedes' office, not a hotel room.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Even in a non executive chairman's job, Niki stays Niki. He can say very clever and intelligent things from time to time, but can also be some kind of lose cannon. One thing he is not guilty of, is Political Correctness. Basically, he says what he wants to say...

Rgds

12. DF1

This should be no shock to Mercedes at all. Well known it is about Lauda. As far as LH goes this is minor thing done to company property. Surely not the first time an F1 pilot has done something near the garage or motorhome.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #13 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    I am not trying to say Niki made it up, more the reporting accuracy.If Niki said that then it is most probably true.

But why would Niki report this ,to a Red Bull TV station of all things? It's an internal matter.There are probably ton's of things going on all the time within the team which no one will ever hear about.

A bit like what is said in the football dressing room,stays there...

14. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    He must be pissed off about stuff Hami has said/done. Venting that in public still doesn't make sense. But then Lauda often talks straight, perhaps not always having an agenda.

Being asked if Hami trashed the room, he can waffle political stuff or be straightforward...

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I wish someone would ask Niki about the times in the Tokyo Hilton in the James Hunt days.

Now that really would be worth a good read ! (Rip)

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Lauda's good in an interview. I don't think he's always right, but I do think he always gives an honest answer from his perspective.

I'm sure we all knew the Hamilton-Rosberg relationship isn't going to be in good shape while there's a championship on the line. Interesting to hear Hamilton losing control to the extent that he's trashing stuff, since he likes to portray himself at the serene one rising up to overcome all the challenges he faces.

All the best,
    Andrew.

17. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, but it was strictly for fun; nothing at all to do with a spoiled kid getting upset because he made a mistake in qualifications...

Rgds

18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    To put things in perspective, Lewis' room would have been on the AMG Petronas motorhome. Here is a clip of Lewis when he was with McLaren. There isn't much to their rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbni-dVPV7k

19. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Can someone please explain to me what a non-executive chairman is and what he's supposed to do? I've read everything from he's a consultant to he owns 10% of the team, and no one seems to agree.

It appears to me that he just spends time stirring up crap. I don't think this sort of information does the team any good, so I don't understand letting it out if you have a stake in things.

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If it undermines Elton, I'm all for it.... Go rat go

21. DF1

Not in a 'good place' that day eh :)

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They can try to undermine him.Only problem is that Lewis is a natural racer..Nicole is more of a monkey see monkey do type,you can only teach a monkey so much.

Anyhow onto Silverstone at least Lewis has a few fans there.

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A non-executive chairman presides over the board of directors in a company, and oversees the interests of the shareholders/owners.

The CEO or managing director (in principle nominated by the board of directors) submits to the chaiman regular reports of exercise (quaterly, or yearly). The board of directors examines the reports, gives its advice, endorses or blocks the decisions of the CEO. The chairman may also terminate the appointment of the CEO in agreement with the board.

25. DF1

Anyone reaching a top team is a bit more than a monkey. Ridiculous.